toldailytopic: What political or environmental cause are you most passionate about an

Status
Not open for further replies.

1PeaceMaker

Getting God back into our government and educational system. Since we have booted Him everything has been circling the drain. In turning from God America has become selfish. We have entered the era of "I". Selfishness is the death knell of a society. This is what Edward Gibbons had to say in "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire"

"In the end, more than they wanted freedom, they wanted security. They wanted a comfortable life and they lost it all - security, comfort and freedom. When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society, but for society to give to them; when the freedom they wished for most was the freedom from responsibility, then the Athenians ceased to be free."

America was founded on the principles of the Bible.

"The moral principles and precepts contained in the Scriptures ought to form the basis of all our civil constitutions and laws. All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery, and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible.---Noah Webster

Very astute. :up:

I want to see more grassroots, non-governmental charities come sweeping in and washing away the stiff corruption that springs from selfishness.

The neglect of these values are what has given birth to evils such as abortion and the advocacy of homosexuality.

I'm anti-abortion, too. It's murder.

I think we should have advocacy for mental illness, homosexuals, handicapped, everybody. I think you are talking about the "recruiters" that are pushing eugenics on us via turning us into asexual drones with no family or offspring, right? I see it happening, too. They want us to be without morals or dignity, so we serve nothing more than the global corporatocracy. But I don't blame those who have been inverted by the poison in our plastics and ink cartridges.

America is suffering from the "I" disease. The cure is allowing God back into the government and education.

You can do that if mothers take it upon themselves to be the government and education of their communities. Men can pitch in too. We need men to rise up and lead.

Good government is based upon self-government. You can't very well govern yourself while rejecting Christ, but I will leave the semantics to the realm of the intellectuals for debate. It's critical that everyone acknowledge essential moral values, such as common law.

There is an anti-Christian movement in government and education, and I oppose that. Let the people be free. But the state can't impose religious values.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1. Abortion
2. Regulatory tyranny by alphabet agencies
3. Loss of individual freedom
4. Loss of individual privacy
5. Cultural marxism
6. Legislation from the bench

:up: I have to say that I agree with Anna on these things.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Very astute. :up:

I think we should have advocacy for mental illness, homosexuals, handicapped, everybody. I think you are talking about the "recruiters" that are pushing eugenics on us via turning us into asexual drones with no family or offspring, right? I see it happening, too. They want us to be without morals or dignity., so we serve nothing more than the global corporatocracy.

Precisely. I am for the kind of advocacy that looks for a cure or help for dysfunctional behavior--not creating more dysfunctional kids by recruiting them into the behavior.

1PeaceMaker

Precisely. I am for the kind of advocacy that looks for a cure or help for dysfunctional behavior--not creating more dysfunctional kids by recruiting them into the behavior.

Then it's up to us mothers to stop the printing of receipts money and other papers with BPA ink, and also we need to be sure to avoid giving our families foods with BPA containers.

In addition, we need to be as sympathetic and patient as possible, because I see this tyranny breeding more gays than usual via natural means - i.e. by forcing them to be closeted and trying to make them marry as though they were hetero. Gays need to focus on serving their communities. Their genes must be dysfunctional or naturally self-terminating if they can't naturally seek a mate of the proper gender. So we should quit trying to marry them off, I think. Focusing them on caring for the community would be a better use of their energy. Art, drama, local greenie projects, feeding the homeless, building shelters, etc.

1PeaceMaker

If there was a drug that could make BPA damaged males normal and able to marry, I would be in support of that therapy, though.

faramir77

G.M.O.'s Genetically Modified Organisms. Frankenfoods.
Genetically Modified anything.
Medical Pharmaceutical FDA cross-board directorships.
Inoculations.
Eugenics.

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In addition, we need to be as sympathetic and patient as possible, because I see this tyranny breeding more gays than usual via natural means ...

Raising children in healthy two parent homes with a mother and a father will reduce the incidence of this behavior disorder. Saying the behavior is OK isn't going to solve it. Maybe they will not be able to have healthy relationships with the opposite gender, but we should not be promoting homosexual relationships either. There is more evidence that the behavior is caused by environmental factors rather then genetic factors. The proliferation of this problem gets right back to the issue of our nation's rejection of God. Kill the root and weed dies.

1PeaceMaker

Raising children in healthy two parent homes with a mother and a father will reduce the incidence of this behavior disorder. Saying the behavior is OK isn't going to solve it. Maybe they will not be able to have healthy relationships with the opposite gender, but we should not be promoting homosexual relationships either. There is more evidence that the behavior is caused by environmental factors rather then genetic factors. The proliferation of this problem gets right back to the issue of our nation's rejection of God. Kill the root and weed dies.

I recently read somewhere that homosexuality is a recessive trait of super-fertile women. So when the population is under stress and fertility is down, the more gay males will be born from these special females. Apocalypse spurs them on even more. So there's that.

Fecund women breeding like rats from an oppressive government makes more gays, especially when bred with closet gays, like breeding two hornless goats makes fertility troubles in the next generation of male goats. But hornless females are very fertile and essential to the herd survival. They also make excellent milk. So I think humans are a lot like that. The people that carry this recessive trait are heavy breeders but throw gays at a higher frequency.

The only way to kill the root of a weed like that is to encourage fertility among the naturally less fertile, and remove the tyranny-induced stress from the super fertile.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Education is a pretty big deal with me. Particularly improving the quality of it. There are reasons I got in to teaching. It greatly annoys me that standards seem to drop with every year and the subject matter gets more watered and dumbed down. With technology as advanced as it is and information so accessible, we should be raising the standards.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 1st, 2011 12:25 PM

toldailytopic: What political or environmental cause are you most passionate about and why?

Freedom. In political terms, liberty. Why? Because I have the honor and privilege to be born, raised and schooled in the great blessings of a Loving God and his earthly agents who founded and passed on to us the laws and traditions of the greatest nation the world has ever seen.

We became that because of an indomitable spirit which demands it. We can be that only through freedom and liberty. We will not remain that by worshiping at the feet of power-mad kings and their sycophant princes.

Buzzword

American arrogance.
There are people in this country who have never set foot outside this country yet constantly proclaim this to be the greatest country on Earth.

We have been indoctrinated from day 1 to treat a political system which is currently on a downward spiral as God's gift to mankind, even though there are now countries with slightly different systems who are providing higher quality of life to their citizens WITHOUT the clumsy hulk of bureaucracy.

We have also been indoctrinated to believe that, because we are God's gift to humanity, that the world owes each of us.

That "certain inalienable rights" now includes:
-private home ownership
-private transportation ownership
-white-collar employment
-retirement before we are physically unable to continue working
-massive amounts of leisure time
-disposable income
-government safety nets
Etc. etc.

Eventually it will backfire, as we continue to soldier on in blind faith in our system instead of striving to reform it for the better.

I wonder, though.
How many Americans will be living on the street and/or starving to death before we wake up?
What happens when the countries who have constantly lent us money decide to turn off the cash flow and demand restitution?
Will it be a big bragfest in the UN?

Or will World War III be fought primarily due to American debt which we in our overinflated currency and ego are unable to repay?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
We have been indoctrinated from day 1 to treat a political system which is currently on a downward spiral as God's gift to mankind, even though there are now countries with slightly different systems who are providing higher quality of life to their citizens WITHOUT the clumsy hulk of bureaucracy.
What countries are those, which provide a higher quality of living with less bureaucracy than we have in the U.S.?

That "certain inalienable rights" now includes:
-private home ownership
-private transportation ownership
-white-collar employment
-retirement before we are physically unable to continue working
-massive amounts of leisure time
-disposable income
-government safety nets
Etc. etc.
How would you change each item on this list? Who would own the houses and vehicles? How would you change the white collar/blue collar ratio? What age would you set retirement? Who controls the leisure time allotted, and the amount of disposable income? What do you identify as government safety nets? Overall, would it take more bureaucracy than we have now to effect these changes, and who makes the decisions?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
anna's pretty sharp! :thumb:

Many catholics are. It is just the trolls on TOL that give them a bad name.

What if the judge wants to legislate from the bench and over turn the recent gay marriage laws? Or when Obama care is repealed by the Supreme Court? Will any "conservative" oppose legislating from the bench over the will of the people?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
What exactly do you mean by that?
Environmental issues are near the top on my list as well.

Environment groups more interested in political power than in the environment, and politics driven by the powerful environmental groups.

And then there's the EPA, which has regulatory power far beyond what a governmental agency should have. Agencies have learned that it's easier to achieve power through regulation than through traditional legislative channels, a transfer of power not intended by the constitution.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Many catholics are. It is just the trolls on TOL that give them a bad name.

What if the judge wants to legislate from the bench and over turn the recent gay marriage laws? Or when Obama care is repealed by the Supreme Court? Will any "conservative" oppose legislating from the bench over the will of the people?

A judge already overturned the will of the people - he overturned the California voters regarding the Proposition 8 traditional marriage bill. Except not the way you might have wished.

If Obamacare is repealed by the Supreme Court, it will be because they have evaluated Obamacare's constitutionality, not that they have sought to redefine constitutionality.

jeneve

Praying for God's kingdom to come. Then all the world will be fixed, and ALL the problems posted will disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.