toldailytopic: The worst movies of all-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 12th, 2010 09:05 AM

toldailytopic: The worst movies of all-time.

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's easy to pick on low budget "B" movies. Lets focus on the larger budget hyped movies that were supposed to be good but were awful.

Transformers 2 comes to mind. :turbo:

some other dude

It's easy to pick on low budget "B" movies. Lets focus on the larger budget hyped movies that were supposed to be good but were awful.

Transformers 2 comes to mind. :turbo:

Just watched it. Yechh. Everything that was good about the first one was missing, everything that was bad about the first they loaded up on.

Also struggled through A Scanner Darkly.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just about anything from Quinten Tarantino. Pulp Fiction comes to mind, as in a lousy stupid movie.

Avatar was kind of dull on the DVD. Snakes on a Plane was terrible in all ways. Bad SF, bad plot.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Pulp Fiction
Anything Sasha Cohen had anything to do with
Anything with Will Farrell.
Star Wars Episode 1
The Dark Knight
Any Quentin Terantino movie

bybee

They are legion....

They are legion....

Just about anything from Quinten Tarantino. Pulp Fiction comes to mind, as in a lousy stupid movie.

Avatar was kind of dull on the DVD. Snakes on a Plane was terrible in all ways. Bad SF, bad plot.

"Something About Mary"

madman

Robin and Marion
Constantine
Out of Africa
The English Patient
Batman & Robin
Oceans 12
Wild, Wild, West
Speed
Lawrence of Arabia
The Searchers
The Wrestler
The Aviator

...to name a few.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Superman Returns
X-Men 3
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Spider-Man 3
Batman Forever
Superman III
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Daredevil
Ghost Rider
Elektra
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

One Eyed Jack

I liked some of these movies.

The worst movie ever had to be Nowhere, although it probably had the best ending I've ever seen.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
It's easy to pick on low budget "B" movies.

:think: You know....that's the thing about low budget flicks; if they are bad enough then they become Cult Classics and over time gain a greater place in Pop Culture than the really excellent films do.

Go figure...:idunno:

El DLo

D-Wars: Dragon Wars

This movie was hyped to all hell for about 2 weeks, and they had a massive budget and blew it all on special effects. Seriously, this movie had the corniest and most hastily put together plot I had ever seen to the point that I literally emailed the studio asking for my 1 hour and 47 minutes back.

I've seen a lot of bad movies, including high budget films, but this one by far takes the urinal cake.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
My all-time favorite stinker? This one...
http://pics.livejournal.com/glockgal/pic/001960t9

"The Conqueror" with John Wayne as Genghis Khan.

Originally director Powell wanted to get Marlon Brando for the lead, but John Wayne, then at the height of his popularity, happened to see the script one day and decided he and Genghis were meant for each other. Unfortunately, the script was written in a cornball style that was made even more ludicrous by the Duke's wooden line readings. In the following sample, Wayne/Genghis has just been urged by his sidekick Jamuga not to attack the caravan carrying Princess Bortai: "There are moments fer wisdom, Juh-mooga, then I listen to you--and there are moments fer action--then I listen to my blood. I feel this Tartar wuh-man is fer me, and my blood says, 'TAKE HER!'" In the words of one writer, it was the world's "most improbable piece of casting unless Mickey Rooney were to play Jesus in The King of Kings."
http://www.straightdope.com/columns...e-of-cancer-caused-by-a-radioactive-movie-set

It still shows up now and again, hilariously awful as ever. (And I love John Wayne movies)

Granite

Hall of Fame
I hated Last Man Standing.

The adaption of Dreamcatcher was just terrible.

Hannibal Rising was probably the best-looking piece of garbage I've ever seen.

All of the Star Wars prequels, with the (possible) exception of Sith's last fifteen minutes.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Oh, Hollywood Homicide was actually the first Netflick I actually just stopped watching midway in. I seriously wanted to chuck it out my window.

Status
Not open for further replies.