toldailytopic: The fall. How would our lives be different today had Adam and Eve neve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 19th, 2010 11:07 AM

toldailytopic: The fall. How would our lives be different today had Adam and Eve never eaten of the fruit?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Aimiel

The sin nature would not have been passed to us genetically. We'd be as God created us: sinless. By that I mean not only would we not desire sin, we wouldn't sin, because our very nature would be towards God, rather than our flesh. We would desire Him, Alone, not our own pleasure.

Son of Jack

That's exactly what I'm looking forward to finding out in the new creation.:) Though Revelation 21:1-5 gives us a pretty good idea.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The sin nature would not have been passed to us genetically. We'd be as God created us: sinless. By that I mean not only would we not desire sin, we wouldn't sin, because our very nature would be towards God, rather than our flesh. We would desire Him, Alone, not our own pleasure.
I can't agree with this. This was not true of Adam and Eve else they would not have eaten the fruit.

Also, God created us to feel pleasure. So we would still desire our own pleasures, just not above or contrary to His without having been deceived.

Aimiel

They lost relationship with God. Jesus came to seek and to save that relationship status. :thumb:

Aimiel

We'd have six billion people packed into one tiny little garden.
We'd be all over the earth, since paradise is a spiritual realm. Adam and Eve were told to subdue the earth and have dominion over it, not just a tiny little garden. Eden was just the starting point of humankind. Man had no boundaries, other than that one tree.

free

I can't agree with this. This was not true of Adam and Eve else they would not have eaten the fruit.

Also, God created us to feel pleasure. So we would still desire our own pleasures, just not above or contrary to His without having been deceived.

I agree, we would still have free will but would be less likely to sin, being raised by sinless parents in a sinless society.

Aimiel

Had Adam and Eve never sinned, their children would have the same propensity: to NOT sin.

The Graphite

Since mankind would never have experienced our many catastrophic "dark ages," we would be vastly more technologically advanced. We'd most likely have explored much of our solar system by now, in person. Who knows what we might have accomplished by this point.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
How would our lives be different if a fictional event never happened? That's kinda like asking how would our lives be different if Neo took the blue pill.

But lets pretend that it did happen. Why not? last night I was discussing with someone why a Space Marine (Warhammer 40K) would pwn a Klingon (Star Trek) in a fight. Lets see here, God apparently wanted us to be naked, stupid and live in a garden. I can't see much advancement beyond that, no thanks. I think that pesky talking snake did mankind a favour by getting the rib-lady to eat from the magic tree.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I would have never existed, as I was born to sin and this is me. My life is defined by sin not compensated for, and only Jesus Christ could save a sinner like me. I need Jesus and without Him, there would be no me.

chair

... Lets see here, God apparently wanted us to be naked, stupid and live in a garden. I can't see much advancement beyond that, no thanks. I think that pesky talking snake did mankind a favour by getting the rib-lady to eat from the magic tree.

I think that this was the whole point of the story. man participated in his own creation as a thinking species. It wasn't a 'fall', it was part of the creation process.

Dark Radiance

According to John Duns Scotus, since the hypostatic union in no way changes the human nature of Christ, it does not of itself impart to the Humanity the beatific vision or impeccability. These prerogatives were given to Christ with the fullness of grace which He received in consequence of that union. God would have become man even if Adam had not sinned, since He willed that in Christ humanity and the world should be united with Himself by the closest possible bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.