toldailytopic: The east coast blizzards of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We have a grandson (Michael) who lives in the DC area, he said that along with those around his area are doing okay, getting ready to dig out some more.

Our granddaughter (Olivia) and her husband (Matt) live Jersey we've not heard from them yet.​

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Whooeee...tell me about it. :doh: .....and me without any boots!
Don't feel bad. I'm at my house and I live in an area where I know we can get snow, and I still have no boots. :doh:

west/northwest of boston these days. it's starting to come down pretty well right now and we're suppose to be getting 8-12 inches. i'm pumped! the mid atlantic has been getting our share this winter, and i for one am tired of it!

on a side note, i just picked up my new (to me) car and can't wait to go tearing around in the snow* with excessive horsepower and the best all wheel drive system out there!:guitar:

that and i enjoy cruising around in snow storms helping people out who need it...

*for those worried about my nonchalant attitude towards what would otherwise be classified as reckless endangerment, i'm a very safe driver with lots of experience. especially in the snow (lived in boston, minnesota and northwestern ontario)...

I'd gladly give you some of our snow if I could!

Prolifeguyswife

I love this. They said on the news today that they haven't had this much snow since 1984. Isn't that when they said that we should be scared of "global cooling"? and that a new ice age was imminent?

OMEGA

Welcome to Canadian Weather !

We don't have any Snow up here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Usually, we get the kind of weather you guys got.
----------------------------------------------------

You guys need some Global Warming !!

GOD is probably Laughing at those American Politicians who tried

to Foist the Global Warming Lie on the people.
-----------------------------------------------------:bang:

Isa 37:22 This is the word which the LORD hath spoken concerning him; The virgin, the daughter of Zion, hath despised thee, and laughed thee to scorn; the daughter of Jerusalem hath shaken her head at thee.
Job 22:19 The righteous see it, and are glad: and the innocent laugh them to scorn.

keypurr

Here in the Boston area we are being spared. The storm turned away from us. Must be the work of our new Senator.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
North of Baltimore they got 30 inches of snow on Saturday, and just got 20 more inches today.

The City of Baltimore has gotten 46.6 inches of snow since Feb 1st, and 77.3 so far this winter.

To put that in perspective, they already have 65.2 inches above normal snow fall for the entire winter, and there is almost two months to go. That's over 5 feet of snow above normal so far.

Washington D.C. and Virgina has also been hit hard with over 48 inches of snow just this week.

Which brings me to this article written by Robert Kennedy Jr 15 months ago.

Here is an excerpt from the article: (bold me emphasis)

In Virginia, the weather also has changed dramatically. Recently arrived residents in the northern suburbs, accustomed to today's anemic winters, might find it astonishing to learn that there were once ski runs on Ballantrae Hill in McLean, with a rope tow and local ski club. Snow is so scarce today that most Virginia children probably don't own a sled. But neighbors came to our home at Hickory Hill nearly every winter weekend to ride saucers and Flexible Flyers.

In those days, I recall my uncle, President Kennedy, standing erect as he rode a toboggan in his top coat, never faltering until he slid into the boxwood at the bottom of the hill. Once, my father, Atty. Gen. Robert Kennedy, brought a delegation of visiting Eskimos home from the Justice Department for lunch at our house. They spent the afternoon building a great igloo in the deep snow in our backyard. My brothers and sisters played in the structure for several weeks before it began to melt. On weekend afternoons, we commonly joined hundreds of Georgetown residents for ice skating on Washington's C&O Canal, which these days rarely freezes enough to safely skate.

Meanwhile, Exxon Mobil and its carbon cronies continue to pour money into think tanks whose purpose is to deceive the American public into believing that global warming is a fantasy.

HERE is the article

Dena

Hubby took me to go get a steam cleaner this evening. The snow was almost to my knees in some places but I'm not so sure that's saying much being that I'm not even five foot. :chuckle: I still can't move my car.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I'm pretty sure this is God's judgment on the DC area for trying to push through government run health-care. :noid:

Somebody had to say it.

Pat Robertson, is that you?

Back to the OP.

I've lived in Florida since I was 4, I've never seen a winter this cold. I don't even own much in the way of cold weather gear for this reason. We went out to a night club a few weeks ago, had to leave early because we were freezing. Probly should have dressed warmer.

I'm fearing my next electric bill.

My dad is making a big crybaby of himself over this. He keeps cancelling doctors appointments because it's too cold for him to leave the house. He was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I have another snow day. Only "essential" employees are supposed to go to work and I don't necessarily fall under that category. Plus, I can work from home so that's what I'm going to do.

The City has declared a snow emergency so certain roads can't be parked on and they all have to park in the city parking garages. Those are the same garages that our company's employees use, so that means we have nowhere to park.

My job today is to shovel out my alley where I park so I can finally get out.

bybee

Tell your dad

Tell your dad

Pat Robertson, is that you?

Back to the OP.

I've lived in Florida since I was 4, I've never seen a winter this cold. I don't even own much in the way of cold weather gear for this reason. We went out to a night club a few weeks ago, had to leave early because we were freezing. Probly should have dressed warmer.

I'm fearing my next electric bill.

My dad is making a big crybaby of himself over this. He keeps cancelling doctors appointments because it's too cold for him to leave the house. He was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Your dad probably already has been told this but it bears repeating. Prostate cancer, caught early and treated is highly curable! He can't afford to miss Doctor's appointments. Wrap a blanket around him and get him into the car, with the heater running! Blessings to you and your family. bybee

Status
Not open for further replies.