toldailytopic: The east coast blizzards of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 10th, 2010 11:26 AM

toldailytopic: The east coast blizzards of 2010: how have they affected you or your family?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm pretty sure this is God's judgment on the DC area for trying to push through government run health-care. :noid:

Somebody had to say it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you live on the east coast we want to here from you. Tell us what it's like out there!

Are you getting bye?

We are praying for ya!! :up:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:denver: :madmad: :denver:

It never stops!! Luckily my work closed today so I didn't have to try to shovel everything out and get to work. The way things are going I won't even be able to get there tomorrow. The snow slowed down briefly but now it's picking up again. I've shoveled for 2 hours so far and I'm guessing it'll need at least a couple more hours. I haven't seen snow like this in a long time.

Dena

I'm not on the coast so we don't have as much snow. I'm not sure how much we've got but I can't move my car so I'm stuck in the house. My husband has a truck and he'll drive in anything so long as it's not illegal.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:denver: :madmad: :denver:

It never stops!! Luckily my work closed today so I didn't have to try to shovel everything out and get to work. The way things are going I won't even be able to get there tomorrow. The snow slowed down briefly but now it's picking up again. I've shoveled for 2 hours so far and I'm guessing it'll need at least a couple more hours. I haven't seen snow like this in a long time.
And where are you at? What part of the country?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
And where are you at? What part of the country?

Lancaster County, PA. About 1.5 hours west of Philadelphia.

2 feet last Friday/Saturday. Another 2 feet so far last night/today. And it's still coming down.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Well.....my family; not at all (they haven't left Florida) It has been rather a bit of a pain for me......particularly since I'm in Milwaukee this week on business. :denver:

The Berean

Well.....my family; not at all (they haven't left Florida) It has been rather a bit of a pain for me......particularly since I'm in Milwaukee this week on business. :denver:

I didn't know that olive oil "businessmen" met in Milwaukee? :think:

gsweet

west/northwest of boston these days. it's starting to come down pretty well right now and we're suppose to be getting 8-12 inches. i'm pumped! the mid atlantic has been getting our share this winter, and i for one am tired of it!

on a side note, i just picked up my new (to me) car and can't wait to go tearing around in the snow* with excessive horsepower and the best all wheel drive system out there!:guitar:

that and i enjoy cruising around in snow storms helping people out who need it...

*for those worried about my nonchalant attitude towards what would otherwise be classified as reckless endangerment, i'm a very safe driver with lots of experience. especially in the snow (lived in boston, minnesota and northwestern ontario)...

drbrumley

If you live on the east coast we want to here from you. Tell us what it's like out there!

Are you getting bye?

We are praying for ya!! :up:

My Aunt just south of Pittsburgh hasn't had electricty since the last storm and basically was told two weeks before it could get restored. Now this new storm will make things worse

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm pretty sure this is God's judgment on the DC area for trying to push through government run health-care. :noid:

Somebody had to say it.

I think he is waiting for Algore to cry uncle.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In Pittsburgh, Pa we got 24" of snow on Saturday, then on Sunday morning it was -2 degrees. On Monday it went up to 15 degrees.

This morning it was 10 degrees, with a windchill of -10, and last nite and today we got another 8 inches of snow, and it is still coming down right now.

It took me 5 hours to shovel my driveway on Saturday. The kids have not had school since last Thursday. We didn't get mail on Saturday.

There are over 100,000 people who have not had electricity since last Friday, and many roads that have not yet been plowed.

Some guy put a generator in his basement, went to bed, and in the morning him and his 19 year old daughter were dead from the fumes.

There have been a number of roof colapses, and many accidents.

It all comes down to whether you have a 4X4 vehicle or not. We have a Jeep, but for some people they are literally trapped at home, and some don't have electric.

Status
Not open for further replies.