toldailytopic: SYRIA vs. ISRAELI. Who is in the right? Should the US get involved?

Christian Liberty

He lives in the UK, they are even more liberal than you.

You're more liberal than me, at least on the economy. You support socialized infrastructure. So shut up:p

Yeah, because that worked so well for Bill Clinton when he told the Sudan no in regards to offering him Bin Laden. Don't want to incite them.

There are only a few people on this forum that are dumber than you. And that airhead rainee is one of them. Just let you know where you stand in the scheme of things.

Yet among other things, Bill Clinton bombed the crap out of Iraq. Total noninterventionist position, that.

George W. Bush ran on a platform of less intervention. He didn't follow it, but that's what he ran on. And that was the conservative position throughout most of American history. Neo-cons are neo-trotskyites, not real conservatives.

As for my status on this forum, there are people here who are smarter than I am, but you aren't one of them.

You're probably the third or fourth dumbest.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're more liberal than me, at least on the economy.

Yep, the list of posters dumber than you is short.

You support socialized infrastructure.

:plain:

Yet among other things, Bill Clinton bombed the crap out of Iraq. Total noninterventionist position, that.

And lets not forget aspirin factories.

George W. Bush ran on a platform of less intervention.
And then 9-11 was his wake up call to bad policy.

This Charming Manc

Action by Israel is not first strike. Al-queda threw the first punch and has declared they will never quit until the Jews and great satan (USA) are gone.

I think the issue is much bigger an Al queda, Isreal had major legitimate security concerns before Al Quaeda and will have them after as well. To simplify this as al queda vs isreal reduces and very complex situation down to the plot of a John Wayne film

Not really. The rebels are al-queada. Civil war is the correct term, just not in the manner the media portrays. Al-queada is fighting Iran for control of the Islamic world.

The truth is some of the rebels are Al-Queda many others are not, the lack of western support for the more secular rebels, created a void Al-Queda based groups have filled and have since defined this war into another Shiite vrs Sunni sectarian conflict.

20 -20 hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I understand our slowness for wanting to get invloved. But Russia and Chinas support of the Assad regime has created a fertile breading ground for al queda in syria.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
if we can't manage to get along on TOL, what hope for the arabs and jews?

It's simple (well, sort of).

Arabs (Muslims) can accept that Yeshua (Jesus Christ) is the Savior of mankind, both Jews as well as Gentiles.

They can reject their false beliefs and accept the truth.

They can be saved.

The choice is theirs, and the gift has been freely given.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Regarding taking Islam seriously, I take them so seriously that I don't want to provoke enemies for no reason.

And how to you feel about protecting your family, your liberty, and your religion from the extreme adherents of it?

Only when they knock on your door, guns in hand?

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Israel has the right to protect itself from terrorists. All through its history, Muslim nations have been trying to nibble away Israel's land. Fighting against the terrorists is also protecting US interests as well. Israel and the US do have a common goal. Together they are stronger.

Palestine, for example.

A pretend people defending and claiming a land that isn't theirs.

Jabin

The defense of Israeli aggression in the name of self-defense is dishonest. Israel wholly occupies the Palestinian territory and has expansionist ambitions. That's not self-defense. Israel, in perpetuity, kills the Palestinians at a rate of 10 to 1. That's not self-defense.

Christian Liberty

Before Israel, we had no enemies in the middle-east.

The defense of Israeli aggression in the name of self-defense is dishonest. Israel wholly occupies the Palestinian territory and has expansionist ambitions. That's not self-defense. Israel, in perpetuity, kills the Palestinians at a rate of 10 to 1. That's not self-defense.

"You must spread some reputation before giving it to Jabin again...

Aimiel

Israel, for example.

A pretend people defending and claiming a land that isn't theirs.
What parts of The Holy Scriptures DO you believe?

Exodus 32:13
Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

Christian Liberty

And how to you feel about protecting your family, your liberty, and your religion from the extreme adherents of it?

Only when they knock on your door, guns in hand?

Not necessarily. But certainly not until they actually attack my country.

What parts of The Holy Scriptures DO you believe?

Exodus 32:13
Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

That doesn't necessarily mean its being fulfilled now.

Aimiel

That doesn't necessarily mean its being fulfilled now.
WHEN He gave the land to them He said forever. Do you not understand or simply don't believe that the people who govern Israel are descendants of Abraham? You're just not making any sense, otherwise.

Clem

The US (and others) should not prop up corrupt systems with cash.
Nor should they 'correct' the problems that they have made with violence,
and arming all sides.
Why does the US want to play world saviour and policeman,
when it can't even sort out its own internal affairs?
And the US is clearly a non-Christian country masquerading as a Christian one.
How did this come about? How can the tide be turned?
Many caring astute human beings are needed to take action individually and collectively.
Each of us must pray for guidance and for the strength necessary to play a godly part of sufficient substance.

Last edited: