toldailytopic: Stuck on an island with only 5 DVD's to watch. Which ones would you ch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
:chuckle:This is why this was such a tough and troubling question. "What About Bob" and "Raising Arizona" are two of my favs too.

Aww screw it, I am taking more than 5 DVD's. Who is going to stop me, Knight? :chuckle:
Uncle Buck
Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Tommy Boy
The Great Outdoors
Waterboy

The Sound of Music

The Ten Commandments

(the one about the life of Christ, can't recall title... the Passion is a bit too much 4 me... although it was powerful)

The Scarlet and the Black -- about the Vatican protecting Jews during WWII

Becket -- about St Thomas Becket and how he was martyred by the king's men 4 standing up for the Church's ways over the king's ways..

Krsto

The Great Escape (Steve McQueen, James Garner, Richard Attenborough, Charles Bronson) - Can't believe no one else mentioned this classic.

Pink Panther

Italian Job

Truman Show

School of Rock

The Great Escape (Steve McQueen, James Garner, Richard Attenborough, Charles Bronson) - Can't believe no one else mentioned this classic.

Pink Panther

Italian Job

Truman Show

School of Rock

i forgot all about the Great Escape...

but it was a little too tragic 4 me anyhow....

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Man Who Knew Too Little
UHF
Almost Heroes
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Throw Momma From the Train

Krsto

i forgot all about the Great Escape...

but it was a little too tragic 4 me anyhow....

I particularly like stories based on true events. Fact is more interesting than fiction. I just get a chuckle every time I think about these POW's who had been escapees at other Nazi POW camps and were sent to this particular one because it was the most secure. They had a sworn intent to escape and several attempts were made, ON THEIR FIRST DAY THERE! LOL! But yes, unfortunately many were killed during the manhunt after quite a few got through one of the tunnels.

genuineoriginal

So there's electricity, DVD players and TV's on the island?

I won't have time to watch DVD's while I'm building a boat to get me off the island. Just give me 5 at random, I'll use them to signal boats and planes.

If there is electricity, how about some power tools? If not, I'll make something useful out of the DVD player.

No one said it was a desert island, so why are you playing "Robinson Crusoe" in "Manhattan"? Of course you might be in "Australia", but where would you go in the boat? If you were in "Alcatraz", you could build a boat to go to the mainland, but I would rather be in "Hawaii".

hwyangel

Newsboys
Dc Talk
Life raft and water survival
Home DVD of my kids
Sermon by duane sheriff "Grace"

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
No one said it was a desert island, so why are you playing "Robinson Crusoe" in "Manhattan"? Of course you might be in "Australia", but where would you go in the boat? If you were in "Alcatraz", you could build a boat to go to the mainland, but I would rather be in "Hawaii".

Well in that case, forget the DVD's, I'm going to a bar.

I thought it was a pretty dumb question before, but you showed me the true idiocy of it. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.