toldailytopic: Should I stay or should I go? If states begin to secede from the Union

drbrumley

Many people in many states want to secede, the only question is, will Obama and the crazy left start a civil war before secession starts. Once secession starts, there will be a domino effect that will include 30 to 35 dominoes (states for the easterners and Brits).

Some people want to secede, I agree with ya there.....but the states do not....too much free money floating around. I mean come on, Washington gives the states billions of doallrs for food stamps, pensions, roads, etc.....the states don't want this headache.

Christ's Word

:shrugs: Sorry but your north of the Mason-Dixon line, so Yankee applies. New York doesn't have the rights exclusively.

Ironically, Yankees talk tough about freedom, and then vote to spend their grandchildren into slavery. I guess their personally freedom is more important than their children's slavery.

Christ's Word

Some people want to secede, I agree with ya there.....but the states do not....too much free money floating around. I mean come on, Washington gives the states billions of doallrs for food stamps, pensions, roads, etc.....the states don't want this headache.

True, but when the Feds spend everyone into poverty, more will see the handwriting on the wall. Energy surplus states will be the first to go, because they don't need Federal money.

drbrumley

Ironically, Yankees talk tough about freedom, and then vote to spend their grandchildren into slavery. I guess their personally freedom is more important than their children's slavery.

True, but the Rebels, so called....do the same exact thing.

Granite

Hall of Fame
With all due respect, that wasn't an insult.....Just stating fact

Yeah, it was an insult. Saying as flippantly and cluelessly as you did that we simply don't care about liberty here is an insult, doc, I don't care what stereotypes you're laboring under. And if you insist otherwise you're just making yourself look even more ignorant than before.

Okkkkk, being I don't know NH politics in the current go around, I have no idea what your talking about.

Thank you for proving my point.

Sorry but your north of the Mason-Dixon line, so Yankee applies. New York doesn't have the rights exclusively.

It's as accurate as me calling you a stupid Jim Crow-supporting rebel hick.

PureX

No state is going to leave the union. And anyone who thinks they will is nuts. But I can certainly understand their frustration, and they sure are not alone in feeling it. Perhaps they are an indication that the people of this country are finally getting disgusted enough with what they've allowed to happen to their government that their becoming willing to act. The big question then, will be, act how?

drbrumley

Yeah, it was an insult. Saying as flippantly and cluelessly as you did that we simply don't care about liberty here is an insult, doc, I don't care what stereotypes you're laboring under. And if you insist otherwise you're just making yourself look even more ignorant than before.

Um, most in this country don't give a rip about liberty or freedom. That includes those states classified under Rebel......It's about money and how much can they can get.....selling our children down the river. It's not being flippant or clueless on my part. If you take offense to it, my apologies, but you shouldn't. If the shoe fits and you find it offensive, then no apology.

Thank you for proving my point.

And your point is?

It's as accurate as me calling you a stupid Jim Crow-supporting rebel hick.

Ive been called worse.

Paulos

These people get one president they don't like and all of the sudden it's time to secede, or move out of the country, or some other such nonsense which at the end of the day is mostly all talk and no real action.

If a natural disaster were to suddenly strike, these same people would be more than happy to avail themselves of the services offered by this same government from which they claim to want to secede.

drbrumley

These people get one president they don't like and all of the sudden it's time to secede, or move out of the country, or some other such nonsense which at the end of the day is mostly all talk and no real action.

As for me, this is more than one President. Obama is really bad, but so was Bush2, Clinton, Bush1, Reagen and all of em. The system is flawed. The Constitution was supposed to stop this nonsense, but yet has been used by the powers that be to do all sorts of stuff....

If a natural disaster were to suddenly strike, these same people would be more than happy to avail themselves of the services offered by this same government from which they claim to want to secede.

That's true....when Hurricane Charley hit my town and did some major damage, everyone wanted the FEDS...so yeah...

Granite

Hall of Fame
Um, most in this country don't give a rip about liberty or freedom. That includes those states classified under Rebel.

Fair enough but that's not the point you made. Sorry, but I happen to love my home state.

And your point is?

Well, among other things, doc, you don't seem to know what you're talking about. It happens. But doubling down on ignorance isn't your usual reaction, so, maybe I just caught you on a bad day.

Wile E. Coyote

I'm in liberal Colorado so YES I would be moving for sure. I would like Florida as my number one pick but I would settle for Arizona or Texas.

Hopefully they would quickly build a wall to keep the liberal-zombies out.

That's right Knight. Christ has called you to be a light in the darkness and you will just abandon your calling and flee the darkness.

jeremysdemo

and he said I was being the baby ;)

I guess when the going gets tough everyone that ain't tough get going. :)

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Paulos

That's right Knight. Christ has called you to be a light in the darkness and you will just abandon your calling and flee the darkness.

But didn't Paul write in all of his epistles to the Christians in the Roman Empire, telling them that they should secede or move to wherever the grass is imagined to be greener?