toldailytopic: Rick Santorum believes in Satan. Does that alarm you?

drbrumley

A Catholic criticizing Protestantism about corruption....the old saying about cleaning up your own backyard before knocking on your neighbors door comes to mind.

Does Santorum have a double standard? No wonder alaCarte likes him......

Right!!!!!!! :up:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
So Christianity can be anything you want it to be doc?

I didn't say that.

I've shown that mainline Protestant churches are accepting homosexuality and abortion as part of their doctrine; doesn't that bother you doc? Do you believe that would bother God, or does He encourage us to do our own "thing"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
I like going with Scripture's version of it.

So do I. But I'm not an Israeli in Old Testament times. I'm not under the law. God freed us from that.

We're not talking about salvation and Jesus forgiving us for our sins, we're talking about what mainline Protestant churches are accepting as Godly behavior while here on earth.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Rick Santorum believes in Satan. Does that alarm you? No but this is questionable for sure......

"We look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it."

Say what?

link to complete context? I dont make a decision unless i see the context first.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It is clear that I was speaking of the context of religion...

Dead wrong. You said "a Jew," end of story. Your subsequent comments haven't exactly helped you, Sum: describing myself and others as "rats," and hoping that we "burn," was very deliberate and very calculated on your part: you used the exact same language used to denigrate Jews since the Middle Ages. Then you play dumb and take offense when people respond to your drivel with outrage. Quit pretending that you don't know what you're doing.

You're a rottten, worthless, Jew-baiting scumbag. It was people like you who looked the other way when my ancestors were murdered--after all, they all had it coming. Right?

The world would be a better place without you in it.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dead wrong. You said "a Jew," end of story. Your subsequent comments haven't exactly helped you, Sum: describing myself and others as "rats," and hoping that we "burn," was very deliberate and very calculated on your part: you used the exact same language used to denigrate Jews since the Middle Ages. Then you play dumb and take offense when people respond to your drivel with outrage. Quit pretending that you don't know what you're doing.

You're a rottten, worthless, Jew-baiting scumbag. It was people like you who looked the other way when my ancestors were murdered--after all, they all had it coming. Right?

The world would be a better place without you in it.

Being that you're an atheist and from what I understand, a former Satanist, do you have grounds to judge another on theological issues Granite?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Being that you're an atheist and from what I understand, a former Satanist, do you have grounds to judge another on theological issues Granite?

When someone uses racism and bigotry directed at half of my heritage, I take it personally. This goes beyond theology.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
I don't like the government telling what lightbulbs etc we may use or not, or what foods we can eat either. But telling all women who happen to be pregnant that they MUST give birth or else, is far, far worse. This is th eultimate meddling in people's lives .
The government does NOT have the right to tell women what they may do with their own bodies . No one, but no one, has the right to try to force any woman to bear a child against her will. This is the ultimate form of slavery. Comparing th elegality of abortion to slavery is absolutely disgusting . If the US government is ever stupid enough to make abortion illegla again, it will be in effect, reinstating slavery for women, and reduce them to baby-making machines.
Not only that, it will be racist and sexist in the extreme, because the poorest black and Hispanic women will th eth eones hardest hit and most devastated by the illegality of abortion .
They are the ones who are least able to provide for children. So what will they do ? They will risk their lives at back-alley abortionists , and the poorest will return to using coat hangers or taking poison, or throwing themselves down staircases.
There are only two ways to prevent abortion - preven tunwanted pregnancies and to see to it that poor pregnant women get the kind of subsidies to proovide decent food, shelter, education and medical care for their children, born or unborn. But this does not exist in America, and that is why there are so many abortions .
And if a Republican wins the White House this November, government programs to help the poor will no doubt be slashed in th eextreme. This will only INCREASE the abortion rate greatly .