toldailytopic: Is belief in the trinity necessary for salvation?

elohiym

Where have I said any of that? I never try to explain the triune nature of God...

It's implicit if you claim to believe the Trinity doctrine. You don't even know what the Trinity doctrine you hold to actually claims? :sigh:

The trinity doctrine claims God is three persons with three minds. It also claims that the Father and Holy Spirit did not suffer on the cross. If you don't believe God has 2-3 minds, and believe the Father and Holy Spirit were in Christ on the cross while he suffered, then you should abandon the trinity and hypostatic union doctrines.

...except to point out that man is a triune being.

Man is not a triune being. Here is the Genesis formulation: dust + breath of life = living soul (Ge 2:7). There is no other composition of man, no mention of man's alleged triune nature, no point to claiming that man is "triune," and no connection between man's alleged triune nature and the trinity doctrine.

Also, you claimed of me:

Totton Linnet said:
You are of the world view then.

Shouldn't you explain what you mean by that? Shouldn't you attempt to help me understand my error, if I'm making an error? I've asked you once to explain already, and now I'll ask again.

Please explain what you meant by that comment.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Jesus needs to be holy, He needs to be "sanctified." If He is these things then He will be perfect, He will be sinless, He will be obedient, but only because of that primary relationship with the Godhead. And who is holy but God?
Do you think Jesus could have sinned?

If Jesus was a man then it is at best diversionary. A man cannot save us, a man cannot sanctify us, a man cannot wash away our sins. And maybe God could use a mere man to do these things, except for the fact of the Fall and the need for salvation.
I'm a bit confused by this. You say "maybe God could use a mere man" and then you say "except for the fact of the fall". So do you really not mean that first part at all? :confused:

It's bad theology. We cannot pull ourselves up, we cannot rise up from our Fall without external help. God must take the initiative. God must become the focal point, not man. It must be the opposite of the Fall from paradise. And what better way?
I didn't say that Jesus, without divinity, would have been simply lifting himself up, as a mere man, with no help and no focus on God.

Drake Shelton

eameece

It is clearly illogical. Premise: There is one God. Argument: there are three Gods. Conclusion: the argument is false.

I never said there were three Gods you liar.

Why would you ask me that if you understood what I said?
I am saying humans have many faculties; you can't define "man" according to what "his" faculties are.

I define man as a collection of thoughts. These thoughts are thought by his faculty. In saying that man can think to himself that he has faculties.

Always one.

So then there is no need of salvation, or enlightenment or morality or anything else. We are in an eternal state of bliss. So then why is there suffering and death? Is suffering and death one with God? This is nonsense don't expect another reply. You are a belligerent liar.

Drake Shelton

elohiym

Where have I said any of that? I never try to explain the triune nature of God

It's implicit if you claim to believe the Trinity doctrine. You don't even know what the Trinity doctrine you hold to actually claims?

Actually there is no mention of "triune" God in the nicene creed or in the Greek Fathers. The term is a western innovation.

Man is not a triune being.

And neither is God. The Nicene Creed nor the Greek fathers spoke of God this way.