toldailytopic: How old is the earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am? Care to explain how it is that I am the one that is ignorant here?

I guess I could repeat my explanation if I were so inclined.... :think:

So leave you to your delusions?
You don't have to if you don't want to. :idunno:

I don't expect you to do so.

With your own ignorance. You have no idea how foolish you are making yourself look.
I guess I look like a complete imbecile going on some people's reactions. How do you think you look?

I mean in the real world, not in the Land of Make Believe.

Have you heard the expected expiry date for a homosexual as opposed to a heterosexual?

amosman

So then one would have to ignore proven science and documented history.

Honestly I don't think the science is proven. Excepted, yes but not proven. Also what is this documented history you are speaking of?

It is true that I believe the Earth is younger than most believe but I know my belief is based on faith. I believe that your believe is also based on faith and what you think science has proven. But really science has not prove any such thing. It is all just a theory they want to believe and that is all it is.

WizardofOz

And the earth is not older than 6000 years, it just looks that way.
What "looks that way"? Care to be specific?
The Earth.:dunce::duh:
:doh:
What about the earth looks older than 6000 years old?
:help:

Seriously?

Seriously. Why do you both fail to even attempt an answer?

Seriously. You're a master of deflection.
Seriously. What about the earth "looks" older than 6000 years old?

Seriously. Both of you ignoring the question is quite telling.

Seriously. I have a hard time taking you seriously.

Arthur Brain

I guess I could repeat my explanation if I were so inclined.... :think:

You don't have to if you don't want to. :idunno:

I don't expect you to do so.

I guess I look like a complete imbecile going on some people's reactions. How do you think you look?

Have you heard the expected expiry date for a homosexual as opposed to a heterosexual?

Well, you certainly looked like an imbecile when you suggested that bestiality was the next "logical" step for a bisexual Stripe.

:squint:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
:doh:
What about the earth looks older than 6000 years old?
:help:

Seriously. Why do you both fail to even attempt an answer?

Seriously. You're a master of deflection.
Seriously. What about the earth "looks" older than 6000 years old?

Seriously. Both of you ignoring the question is quite telling.

Seriously. I have a hard time taking you seriously.

1. Sozo is the one who said it looked older than that. I merely told you that he meant the Earth, because you were too stupid to catch that.
  2. Now you're showing your stupidity further by not knowing what of the Earth appears to be older than 6000 years.
Hint: The fossils that have been dated as well over 6000 years.:dunce::duh:

WizardofOz

Sozo is the one who said it looked older than that. I merely told you that he meant the Earth, because you were too stupid to catch that.

You were too stupid to realize that we were speaking about the earth went without saying. I was asking what specifically appeared older than 6000 years old. :duh:

Notice how he didn't reply. Must not be painting himself into corners on this one. Yet, here you are to take his place.

Watch where you step.

Now you're showing your stupidity further by not knowing what of the Earth appears to be older than 6000 years.

:doh: I am not the one claiming it is 6000 years old. You are. Sozo's poistion (and yours now by extension) is that the earth is 6000 years old, but it appears much older.

Hint: The fossils that have been dated as well over 6000 years.:dunce::duh:

Do they appear older than 6000 years? Could you pick up a fossil, look at it, and say "wow, this fossil is 2 million years old"?

That's obviously why Sozo doesn't respond. He is either portraying a deceitful God or you both must admit that YEC is pretty defenseless in regard to science.

I don't even know why you responded. I was never asking you to begin with.

vs.

:hammer:

Instead of being an idiot, why not just clarify one of the 50 times I asked for clarification?

It doesn't "look that way" to you? You sure stated it like you think it does.

When Sozo paints himself into a corner, he just burns the house down.
I've never been in a corner. It is fun watching you pretend Christians get your panties all tied in a knot. :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

I've never been in a corner. It is fun watching you pretend Christians get your panties all tied in a knot. :chuckle:

He's quoted your own words. If you're not going to address that then either A: you've not got an answer or B: you're deflecting away in an attempt to disguise the fact. You're not being asked to defend YEC just what 'appears' to be older than 6,000 years. Usually when people use the type of tactic you employ means their own underwear needs untying....:rolleyes:

He's quoted your own words.
And?
If you're not going to address that then either A: you've not got an answer
Answer to what?
or B: you're deflecting away in an attempt to disguise the fact.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
You're not being asked to defend YEC just what 'appears' to be older than 6,000 years.
Nothing appears to be older than 6000 years. It only appears that way "to YOU".

fool

Hall of Fame
The sky looks old.
Or rather the stuff in the sky.
At Night.
When there's none of those things that sprinkle the water.

Arthur Brain

I didn't think it was necessary, and I don't read every post, unless it's really slow, and I have nothing else going on. Like now.

Of course it was necessary if you didn't want people to think that you thought that. In context it made sense because you could still argue for a young earth with that as a position. But whatever....

Status
Not open for further replies.