toldailytopic: Eternal torment, Annihilationism or Universalism, which do you believe

Aimiel

So, if men are put to death in the Lake of Fire... that makes this verse a lie...

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Men die TWICE in your version of judgment. Or, after they are put to the second death they are awakened again, because after death comes judgment. How many times will God awaken them and judge them? I believe it is true that we only die once. After judgment those who aren't Christ's will be tormented for ever and ever, as The Holy Scriptures teach.

Timotheos

Foolish notions brought about by 'proof-texters' who don't read The Bible but rather use Scripture to twist God's Word into a pretzel-shaped nightmare... :duh:

So your way is better? Send someone to eternal torture then resurrect them in order to judge them and then send them back for a second round of eternal torture. Talk about silly. Your view is utterly ridiculous.

Timotheos

Because it just doesn't make any sense, and God is wise to the nth degree. He just wouldn't do something so silly.

If what God does seems silly to you, who is being silly? You or God?

If nobody dies the second death because that would be silly, prove to me that there is no second death.
Start with this verse, and exegete your way out:
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Timotheos

sorry timmy

Okay. so you believe the dead rest. Hmmm.
I suppose the dead are running a marathon tomorrow and need their rest. The dead do not rest. They are dead. They are not resting. If I were like you two I would put the :duh: here.

I'm sorry Mr Resurrected and Mr Aimiel, the Bible doesn't support your false doctrine. Call me timmy all you want, say :duh: all you want. Unless you produce the scripture that supports your case that the wicked go to hell when they die where they are tortured alive forever while they are dead, you haven't got a case. Mocking me and saying :duh: doesn't prove anything.

Here is what the Bible says:
The wicked will perish. (Psalm 37:20)
The wicked shall be no more. (Psalm37:10)
The soul who sins shall die. (Ezekiel 18:4)
Whoever believes in Him shall not perish but will have eternal life. (John 3:16)

That is exactly what I am saying, and these are direct quotes of the Bible. You don't need to argue with me, argue with the Bible. Argue with God, It's His Word that you are disagreeing with.

Sorry little guys. You lose.

Timotheos

Obviously you don't read my posts much as you don't read God's Word. :duh:

So you are unable to support your claim that there is no second death.

Okay, that's fine. I already knew that you wouldn't be able to, as the Bible specifically says that there is a second death.

:duh:

What a Moron.

Timotheos

Continuing with further proof:
Hebrews 10:39
But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

Either a person has their soul preserved and has eternal life or they are one of those who shrinks back to destruction. Nobody has their soul preserved in Hell being tortured alive forever in fire that is somehow never able to consume anything.

Timotheos

that's wonderful! :first:

Yes, Hebrews 10:39 is a wonderful verse that supports what I am saying and proves your doctrine wrong. There are hundreds of "wonderful verses" like this. Get ready. Be prepared to mock me and the Bible every day until you perish.

Here's the verse in Greek:
ἡμεῖς δὲ οὐκ ἐσμὲν ὑποστολῆς εἰς ἀπώλειαν, ἀλλὰ πίστεως εἰς περιποίησιν ψυχῆς.
ἀπώλειαν = destruction