toldailytopic: Does a Christian lose their salvation every time they sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
Perhaps, but you cannot renounce Jesus and His finished work and start worshipping Satan as your God and still be justified forever. You cannot blaspheme the Holy Spirit or become a godless atheist cursing the possibility of God/Christ and still be justified.

Since you would agree with me that circ cannot do this, why is it so hard to see that uncirc cannot do it (MAD makes up mythical two gospel theories to justify nonsense as above). You are being lied to and not presenting a biblical view.

Some of your MAD friends would say that it is not possible for a Christian to kill someone. This is also false.

"(MAD makes up mythical two gospel theories to justify nonsense as above)"

Filthy cliche you spew out every third post, which I refuted months ago, loser, and every one knows it.

Clown. Lost one.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
In a sense, yes. But not in a strict sense.
Because you have chosen to abide there.
I'm fairly sure we have heard from our parents, "If you're going to live in my house, you will abide by my rules".
Or like when you are in a different country, you are obliged to abide by their laws.

And Christ does make the point that many may call Him "Lord", but do not do his will, and therefore will not be saved by Him.
Matthew 25
(34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
(35) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
(36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
(37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
(38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
(39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
(40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
(41) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
(42) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
(43) I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
(44) Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
(45) Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
(46) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

But when you talk about being "good", it will depend on what sort of "good" you are speaking off.
Doing the above would be considered "good", and seems to be required of those in Christ.
If YOU do not do what is required, then what happens ---- YOU do not get eternal life.
But if we try to rely on OUR "goodness" as the source that gives us life, then we all miss the mark because all our righteous deeds are as filthy rags.
None of us are "good" enough to be the sacrifice God required.
But at the same time, we are required to do good works and refrain from evil works.

The same principal was in the parable of the servants.
They were all His servants, but not all those servants did what was expected.
Luke 12
(45) But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
(46) The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
I think it ties in with the message James was communicating to us: faith without works is dead.

Living under the roof of parents takes work. Abiding by the law of men or of the land takes work, effort, as in much work, hard work, lots of work, good works.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
"Perhaps, but you cannot renounce Jesus and His finished work and start worshipping Satan as your God and still be justified forever."-wolf

Yes I can. I am justified forever. I could deny the Lord Jesus Christ, worship satan, kill 100000000000 people, and I am justified forever.

You see, wolf, that is the difference between a saved , honest man, like myself, and a religious, dishonest prostitute like yourself. I know the bad news, and thus I know the good news, and what happened 2000 years ago, and why it was necessary. You are clueless. My evidence? Evey one of your perverted posts.

Wolf. Get saved.

Most OSAS/MAD people like yourself would say that you were never saved to begin with. You are more unbiblical and delusional than I thought.

MAD...step up and agree or disagree with your lackey.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Most OSAS/MAD people like yourself would say that you were never saved to begin with. You are more unbiblical and delusional than I thought.

If you rather say that salvation didn't truly transformed an individual, resulting in them losing salvation, then you might as well just say that getting saved isn't truly by faith alone, then.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Does not compute. Salvation does transform a person, so if they fall away, this is not proof that they were never saved. It is proof that faith is not a one moment thing, but something that continues. Faith that ceases (possible) is unbelief, the antithesis of saving faith and the issue relating to apostasy.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Does not compute. Salvation does transform a person, so if they fall away, this is not proof that they were never saved. It is proof that faith is not a one moment thing, but something that continues. Faith that ceases (possible) is unbelief, the antithesis of saving faith and the issue relating to apostasy.

You believe in partialtransformation.

john w

Hall of Fame

Nope. You made that up, wolf. A re-trial for a crucified, dead man, reverse adoption, reverse circumcision, break the seal, which is the Holy Spirit?

Clueless as to what happened 2000 years ago, and why, which testifies to you being lost.

Get saved wolf.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You believe in partialtransformation.

We are new creatures in Christ upon receiving Him. We are transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light. Justification is a judicial beginning to new life in Christ. Sanctification is a practical growing in grace and knowledge post-conversion. Glorification is conditional on perseverance in the faith. Those who started following Jesus, but later went their own way were not disciples in the end. Jesus did not give them false OSAS hope, just security dependent on being and remaining in Him. Those who reject Christ, whether having once received Him or not, are by definition unbelievers, not believers. What is true at time x may not be true at time y. Universalism and OSAS assume unconditional ideas, whereas biblical justification/perseverance has a conditional, manward element in addition to the Godward one (it is a reciprocal love relationship, not a mechanistic, irreversible thing independent of relationship with Christ).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Continuing in a state of obedience, continuing the faith, humanizes spiritual faith.......

Does continuing in love with a spouse (vs one time thing for a month) cheapen or negate the initial love? Does a digression to mutual hatred and divorce equate to continued relationship/marriage? Salvation is more relational than metaphysical.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Does continuing in love with a spouse (vs one time thing for a month) cheapen or negate the initial love? Does a digression to mutual hatred and divorce equate to continued relationship/marriage? Salvation is more relational than metaphysical.

Relationalizing salvation humanizes a supernatural-requiring Easter.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
We are new creatures in Christ upon receiving Him. We are transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light. Justification is a judicial beginning to new life in Christ. Sanctification is a practical growing in grace and knowledge post-conversion. Glorification is conditional on perseverance in the faith. Those who started following Jesus, but later went their own way were not disciples in the end. Jesus did not give them false OSAS hope, just security dependent on being and remaining in Him. Those who reject Christ, whether having once received Him or not, are by definition unbelievers, not believers. What is true at time x may not be true at time y. Universalism and OSAS assume unconditional ideas, whereas biblical justification/perseverance has a conditional, manward element in addition to the Godward one (it is a reciprocal love relationship, not a mechanistic, irreversible thing independent of relationship with Christ).

I wonder why Heaven-dwelling angels even bother celebrating founded lost sheep on earth.

SaulToPaul 2

We are transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light.

Who transferred you?

Explain the transformation from the kingdom of light back to the kingdom of darkness. Explain the unbaptism, the uncircumcision, the undeath, the unburial, and the unresurrection.

john w

Hall of Fame
john w: "Were you saved when you started typing this post, and were you saved when you finished it?"

Don't you know, STP, that the dead are being raised again today? After all, look at all these "christians" that are attempting to resuscitate a dead man, a corpse?

SaulToPaul 2

Don't you know, STP, that the dead are being raised again today? After all, look at all these "christians" that are attempting to resuscitate a dead man, a corpse?

Spiritual birth is analogous to, but not identical with, physical birth.
Get with the program, john.

john w

Hall of Fame
Spiritual birth is analogous to, but not identical with, physical birth.
Get with the program, john.

Don't you know, STP, that

"Salvation is more relational than metaphysical?"-Albert Camus Jean-Paul Sartre "god"rulz

John W Smith Jones Jackson(I learned that long last name thing from "hangin' out/chillaxin' with chicks that I do not dig at "The Coffee Shop")

Status
Not open for further replies.