toldailytopic: Does a Christian lose their salvation every time they sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The consequence of sin to the soul is the second death, which is eternal death. And the ONLY thing that washes away the consequence is God's forgiveness. God's forgiveness does what the blood of bulls and goats could not do.

Physical, spiritual, eternal death are possibilities. The latter only applies to the unregenerate.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 19th, 2011 09:49 AM

toldailytopic: Does a Christian lose their salvation every time they sin?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

If we are unsaved by sinning then we are saved by unsinning.

john w

Hall of Fame
What sin(singular), and sins(plural)? I have the righteousness of God in Christ.

Forgiveness/Justification in this dispensation

Believers in the gospel of Christ of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 have submitted themselves "unto the righteousness of God"(Romans 10:3). We now have the righteousness of God, Romans 3:21-25, 4:5, secured through the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ(1 Cor. 15:1-4). I have the righteousness of God: Romans 3:22-:26, 4:5, 5:1, 5:9, 5:17-18, 8:30, 10:3; 1 Cor. 1:30, 6:11; 2 Cor. 5:21; Gal. 2:16; Philippians 3:9

The LORD God has justified us forever because He sees us "in Christ": Acts 13;43; Romans 3:24-28, 4:25, 5:1,9, 8:30; 1 Cor. 6:11; Galatians 2:16, 3:24; Titus 3:7. This is an immutable reckoning in the mind of God. Justification is that judicial act of God by which, on account of the Lord Jesus Christ, to whom I am united("in Christ") by faith, He declares me to be no longer exposed to the penalty of the righteous requirements of the law, but restored to divine favor. I have been declared righteous. Justification is an act, not a process. Upon believing 1 Cor. 15:1-4, I was given a free gift(Romans 5:18)-a righteous standing before a Holy God. This gift, by definition, has nothing to do with what I have done or who I am. No amount of self-effort or good works could ever bring one to justification. I did not justify myself-it is God who justifies. This gift is unchanging. Once God declared me righteous on the merit of the eternal Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, the sin/sins question regarding me has been settled once for all.

Members of the BOC are reckoned to be: dead, crucified, raised, seated, glorified.

You cannot re-try a dead man, uncircumcize him, resuscitate him, unseal him, declare him "unadopted"...............

The sin/sins issue was settled 2000 years ago, and The LORD God is satisfied(propitiation). Religion is not.Believe the good news. Most reject it. And so it does....

Samstarrett

Can conceivable foolish questions get saved if things were different?

My point was that if salvation were not a work of God, it would be an entirely different thing. I cannot comment on how that thing would function absent a description of the nature of that thing. You might as well ask me what color a kajoob would be, if it existed.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
My point was that if salvation were not a work of God, it would be an entirely different thing. I cannot comment on how that thing would function absent a description of the nature of that thing. You might as well ask me what color a kajoob would be, if it existed.

Understanding hypothetical alternatives (if things were in fact different) advances appreciation, acceptance, to what already exists, to how things are, to how things work, for what we do have, for who we really are, to how we really got here, to where we are, to where we are going, now & for all eternity.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can conceivable foolish questions get saved if things were different?

You are stinking up this thread with your non sequiturs. :kookoo:
I wonder if this is an attention getting, self promoting device.

Samstarrett

Understanding alternatives advances appreciation, acceptance, to what already exists, to how things are, to how things work, now & for all eternity.

OK. But you've merely provided the negation of a true proposition, not an alternative. When you explain the possible alternative means of salvation under discussion, I'll tell you whether we could lose salvation gained by those means. Fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.