toldailytopic: Do you favor voter ID laws? Why or why not?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 5th, 2012 08:40 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

oldhermit

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

In view of both resent and past casses of voter fraud in both parties, I think that voter I.D. regestration is not only necessary to protect the integrity of the voting system but, it should be strictly inforced accross the board in all states. Not only in federal elections but, state and local elections as well.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, and I favor a national ID that isn't your social security which should be eliminated(the program).

eameece

No, it's just a way for Republicans to decrease turnout.

The real fraud has been committed by Republican government officials. That's what the laws should address. But unfortunately the idiot tea party was put in power in 2010 and this is the result.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, it's just a way for Republicans to decrease turnout.

The real fraud has been committed by Republican government officials. That's what the laws should address. But unfortunately the idiot tea party was put in power in 2010 and this is the result.

You are in contention for idiot post of the day. Nice job. :thumb:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Of course. It's a dereliction of duty for the government not to enforce voter ID. I have been voting for almost 30 years. I have never once even tried to vote without an ID my voter registration card, which tells me where to vote and my drivers license.

OMEGA

Didn't King David try to Number his constituants and was Rebuked for it by God's civil servants ? :chuckle:

1Ch 21:1 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

2Sa 24:10 And David‘s heart smote him after that he had numbered the people.

And David said unto the LORD, I have sinned greatly in that I have done:

and now, I beseech thee, O LORD, take away the iniquity of thy servant;

for I have done very foolishly.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Didn't King David try to Number his constituants and was Rebuked for it by God's civil servants ? :chuckle:

Numbers 1

Now the Lord spoke to Moses in the Wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of meeting, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they had come out of the land of Egypt, saying: 2 “Take a census of all the congregation of the children of Israel, by their families, by their fathers’ houses, according to the number of names, every male individually, 3 from twenty years old and above—all who are able to go to war in Israel. You and Aaron shall number them by their armies. 4 And with you there shall be a man from every tribe, each one the head of his father’s house.

I give you why for context.

OMEGA

Oh, Come on NICK M. I thought that you knew your Bible.

In Exo 30:12-16, God had instructed Moses never to number the people without
collecting a "ransom for his soul"

Ex 30:12 When thou takest the sum of the children of Israel after their number, then shall they give every man a ransom for his soul unto the LORD, when thou numberest them; that there be no PLAGUE among them, when thou numberest them.NUMBEREST THEM"

Ex 30:16 And thou shalt take the atonement money of the children of Israel, and shalt appoint it for the service of the tabernacle of the congregation; that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the LORD, to make an atonement for your souls.

2Sa 24:3 And Joab said unto the king, Now the LORD thy God add unto the people, how many soever they be, an hundredfold, and that the eyes of my lord the king may see it: but why doth my lord the king delight in this thing?

Secondly, GOD Himself had Commanded the numbering for WAR.

-- David had taken God's place in numbering the people for WAR.

1Ch 21:7 And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel.

=============================================

CHIP EVERYONE AND LETS GET ARM-A-GET-DONE ON ITS WAY .:thumb:

OMEGA

I think that the OP should have had an example of the topic, plainly stated as:

Commonwealth Court Judge Robert Simpson issued a preliminary injunction against the state’s controversial voter ID law, writing that he expected more photo IDs to have been issued to voters who need them in time for the next election that voters there will NOT have to produce a photo ID to vote this November.

Here in Canada , we have to produce Photo ID for Renting Cars, Booking a Room in a hotel etc. So, I don't see what is WRONG with producing Photo ID
as long as you have it or find someone who will vouch for you like a Doctor or Lawyer.

I cannot believe how Backward the USA Government is in these matters.

Look at the public Education system.

I think that the Governent is trying to keep people backward and ignorant

in order to control them or they just don't care about the people of

the Great country of America that God has blessed with abundance .

De 32:15 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.

==============================================

PureX

I can't think of a good reason to respond to these questions, anymore, when all an honest response will get me is insults.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Yes, and there is no good reason an adult doesn't have need for an ID anyway. As far as it hurting the "the poor" its suppose to be needed for any government services also.

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Absolutely I do favor this! voting is a right and a privilege to those only that are able to qualify, and like any other privilege it comes with a responsibility to prove you are legally entitled to engage in it. Illegal aliens do not qualify, felons do not qualify, and the whole "disenfranchised" argument is bogus for the mere fact that any "citizen" can obtain identification, just because you reside in the U.S. illegally does not allow you the privilege to vote here which is really the issue for the left, they lose an entire block of illegal votes if voter I.D. comes to pass. Proving you are legally qualified to vote should not be such an issue, maybe we should make buying guns without I.D. legal also being it is my right to own them. Sound absurd? so does voting without proving who you are.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

At least in IN they give simple IDs for free since they are required to vote. I do not oppose these laws. I think they're a great idea.