toldailytopic: Black Friday Madness: What compels people to beat each other up over a

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is the question I ask chicks, when they are dismissing my "pick up line," which, of course does not happen often, because chicks dig me, and I dig them.

Try this for an avatar John.

51CB6A65QVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

Adam

Hall of Fame
Just out of curiousity, where did you hear that secularists and atheists acted better in public 50 years ago than Christians did?
No, I'm saying that the non-Christians 50 years ago acted better in public then than many Christians do today.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, I'm saying that the non-Christians 50 years ago acted better in public then than many Christians do today.

At which point I would say: "Then many of the Christians of today really aren't Christians."

And at that point someone would step in with "Once you're saved, you can act anyway you want to."

I don't even wanna go there.

Breathe

I think our competitive natures have a lot to do with how we act when put in situations like this. Greediness plays a large part, also.

I did my black Friday shopping online, at places that charge no shipping this particular weekend. Got the same stuff, same prices, no black eyes or broken bones. :D

Quincy

It got so bad last night people were pepper spraying each other for Xbox 360s.

LA Times said:
Alejandra Seminario, 24, said she was waiting in line to grab some toys at the store around 9:55 p.m. when people the next aisle over started shouting and ripping at the plastic wrap encasing gaming consoles, which was supposed to be opened at 10 p.m.

"People started screaming, pulling and pushing each other, and then the whole area filled up with pepper spray," the Sylmar resident said. "I guess what triggered it was people started pulling the plastic off the pallets and then shoving and bombarding the display of games. It started with people pushing and screaming because they were getting shoved onto the boxes."

PepperSpray

Todah

FEAR and ENTITLEMENT......fear that you might be the only one not to get what you are entitled to above all others.

I think that this is where we really need those flash mobs to perform their magic. Suddenly in the midst of the bedlam of a Walmart or any superstore, the Hallelujah chorus breaks out, and everyone drops their goods, and lets the music soothe their savage hearts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

or some flash dancers doing "do re me" from the Sound of Music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EYAUazLI9k&feature=related

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think our competitive natures have a lot to do with how we act when put in situations like this.

:up: I agree here and was just about to post the same thing.

I think some of it goes beyond the greed of having some particular item. The hype around Black Friday has turned the actual shopping into a competition. It's like a sport. Who can wait the longest. Who can get to their item the fastest. Who can get the most items. And then people can brag about getting a bunch of stuff for cheap.

faramir77

everybody seems, and has been, wonderfully kind and friendly and nice, gratous and etc and all that, as far i eye have seen.
-what's the prob? -oh, yea, the media.