TOL - The Site For Foreign Trump Haters To Rant?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And why on earth would a non-American have this kind of emotional investment, the irrational, visceral hatred of another country's leader?

I don't get it. :idunno:

I can't imagine investing the amount of time that artie, jgarden, eider, etc spend fuming about Trump on another country's leader.

Merkel? meh :idunno:
Boris? meh :idunno:
Justin? meh :idunno:
Obrador? so meh :idunno: I had to google him

But Trump?

Apparently Trump's power to warp minds is so powerful it reaches across oceans.

ok doser

Irrational Emotional Obsessiveness 101:

... Trump has the sense to realize he's made an utter clown of himself this time.
Completely incompetent to hold office. This latest fiasco is one in a long line...
...Trump made an embarrassment of himself (again) in full public view, spouted complete and total nonsense ...
... this current clown in office.
It's almost hilarious but not at the minute. The biggest joke of a president ever and that's not funny either. Incompetent, childish, unprofessional, the list just goes on and on.

Last edited:

ok doser

from artie's link on another thread:

"... the nightly ritual of the virus briefings. For weeks they have dominated the US headlines ..."

Not in my world. Not in the world of anybody who has unplugged from the corrosive influence of the MSM.

But in artie's world, in eider's world, in jgarden's world - the world of immersion in the pap they are spoonfed daily by the MSM - in that world, it is of course true. Eider, artie, jgarden - they have chosen to live in a world where they are told, like drones, everyday, what to think, as a collective. Orwell called it "groupthink" and artie, eider and jgarden personify it here at TOL. Here's a clip of the three of them and some friends engaged in mindless hate:

Big Brother is proud of you three. :thumb:

Lon

And why on earth would a non-American have this kind of emotional investment, the irrational, visceral hatred of another country's leader?

I can't imagine investing the amount of time that artie, jgarden, eider, etc spend fuming about Trump on another country's leader.

Merkel? meh :idunno:
Boris? meh :idunno:
Justin? meh :idunno:
Obrador? so meh :idunno: I had to google him

But Trump?

Maybe we really ARE the center of the world?! :shocked:

I've noticed, however, that many countries are nowhere near as egocentric as we in the U.S. We had one language for the longest time...even native americans had to learn the King's language!

ok doser

Maybe we really ARE the center of the world?! :shocked:

I've noticed, however, that many countries are nowhere near as egocentric as we in the U.S. We had one language for the longest time...even native americans had to learn the King's language!

betcha you'll find similar in Germany, Japan, Saudi Arabia, most countries in Africa, Iceland, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Argentina .....

Reactions: Lon

Lon

betcha you'll find similar in Germany, Japan, Saudi Arabia, most countries in Africa, Iceland, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Argentina .....

The difference would be how much attention we paid in World Problems/Civics class in high school, and what degree we pursue afterward. For the most part, we don't do 'other countries' as much as they do us (demonstrable in TOL discussion where we in the U.S. don't often know even the leader in another country). Given this list, I'd have flunked, even multiple choice :( (not that many would do better, even in other countries, we'd have to admire anyone that spent time knowing).

ok doser

The difference would be how much attention we paid in World Problems/Civics class in high school, and what degree we pursue afterward. For the most part, we don't do 'other countries' as much as they do us (demonstrable in TOL discussion where we in the U.S. don't often know even the leader in another country). Given this list, I'd have flunked, even multiple choice :( (not that many would do better, even in other countries, we'd have to admire anyone that spent time knowing).

I wouldn't have known about Saint Pierre and Miquelon if not for my love of things Newfoundland-y and my interest in the French and Indian War

way 2 go

Canadian MSM has trump derangement syndrome because
they don't want to see a conservative prime minister here ie capitalism

ok doser

Canadian MSM has trump derangement syndrome because
they don't want to see a conservative prime minister here ie capitalism

I liked Harper, liked hearing him on the CBC radio (I get the Ottawa broadcast from the Kingston transmitter/translator), thought he was a shoe-in to win in 2015

ok doser

Says the member who calls half the people in his country retards, and then pretends that he wishes them happy lives, jobs etc.

it's not hypocritical to recognize an intellectual disability/impairment and still wish well on the ill/impaired - one of my teaching certifications was special ed and I worked with disabled kids often - it was not hypocritical of me to note to co-workers the difficulty of working with some of the children while at the same time hoping for the best for them

it only seems that way to you because you're suffering from a similar intellectual disability/impairment, one more magnified by the fact that your delusional obsession is rooted in a man not even in your own government, a man from a different country, a man who, in normal circumstances with normal psychological processes operating, would matter not a whit to you, a man whose existence would, to you, matter no more than those 4500 brown children in India who will starve to death today.

Lon

Says the member who calls half the people in his country retards, and then pretends that he wishes them happy lives, jobs etc.
He may have even said it to me on occasion (can't remember :think: ), but I honestly do believe he has care and concern, and even likes me. You? You'd have to provide the room to be liked, perhaps. For many of us, its all-or-none. I appreciate iron sharpening iron, if the guy/gal actually shows they like me and on a spiritual level, that they love the same Lord I love.

"Dummy" takes on a different meaning if they guy/gal is simply calling out a less-than-intelligent faux pas where even I can see where the comment came from (like ending a sentence with a preposition).

eider

He may have even said it to me on occasion (can't remember :think: ), but I honestly do believe he has care and concern, and even likes me. You? You'd have to provide the room to be liked, perhaps. For many of us, its all-or-none. I appreciate iron sharpening iron, if the guy/gal actually shows they like me and on a spiritual level, that they love the same Lord I love.

"Dummy" takes on a different meaning if they guy/gal is simply calling out a less-than-intelligent faux pas where even I can see where the comment came from (like ending a sentence with a preposition).

Hello.......... I expect that he does like you.

All I know about this member is that he writes off tens of millions of people as retards whilst preening on his own extensive education and qualifications.
That really does not help his reputation. I'm not facing a person so much as an avatar with a very very bigoted and somewhat nasty attitude.

But I do acknowledge your points, above. :)

way 2 go

I liked Harper, liked hearing him on the CBC radio (I get the Ottawa broadcast from the Kingston transmitter/translator), thought he was a shoe-in to win in 2015

Harper was ok .
Andrew Scheer lost to black face Trudeau but that was like your last election Scheer received more votes and lost.

ok doser

He may have even said it to me on occasion (can't remember :think: ), but I honestly do believe he has care and concern, and even likes me. You? You'd have to provide the room to be liked, perhaps.

I do like you :)

but I find it difficult to find anything to like in eider.

Even Christ found it difficult to like hypocrites

and what kind of moron chooses as his avatar an image of Charlie Manson gargling?

ok doser

one of my faves:

perhaps I should start using "mullethead" more :think:

Lon

and what kind of moron chooses as his avatar an image of Charlie Manson gargling?

WOW did I get that one wrong!
Hello.......... I expect that he does like you.

All I know about this member is that he writes off tens of millions of people as retards whilst preening on his own extensive education and qualifications.
That really does not help his reputation. I'm not facing a person so much as an avatar with a very very bigoted and somewhat nasty attitude.

But I do acknowledge your points, above. :)

I had to give him that room, too. He liked "Billy Bob" who I found basal, flirty, and a bit too close to Billy-beer. I just didn't want to do theology next to a guy hitting on the parishioner across the pew, at the time, so I found it/him uncomfortably crude and a bit creepy.

I forgot why you said you chose this avatar, but didn't you say you weren't a believer?

eider

WOW did I get that one wrong!

I had to give him that room, too. He liked "Billy Bob" who I found basal, flirty, and a bit too close to Billy-beer. I just didn't want to do theology next to a guy hitting on the parishioner across the pew, at the time, so I found it/him uncomfortably crude and a bit creepy.
Fair enough :)

I forgot why you said you chose this avatar, but didn't you say you weren't a believer?
True. I'm a Deist. It started back in 1994 when my project for that year was to read the bible in three translations.
Although I had been to Christian schools I wasn't committed and wanted to 'search for self' .
I enjoyed reading much of the OT, became very interested in the laws, loved the history. But the Gospel of Mark grasped my attention and interest so firmly that I determined to become a student of the history of Jesus. I started to search around for such literature and found 'Historical Jesus by Sanders'. That was me, hooked. I have studied historical Jesus, the geography, architecture, Galilean life, other writers, farming, events all of the early first century for over 20 years now and so I guess I am a student of Historical Jesus. I tend to debate against mythers on mainly atheist forums and seem to manage easily these recent years...... I've learned and collected so much that I need to review my own work ..... in other words I've forgotten more than most mythers have ever learned.

That's why I have such an Avatar....... I just love the man and the mission, but cannot find the kind of faith that you might have. But I acknowledge the faith of Christians.... ALL of their different faiths. :)