ECT This should end the discussion about easy grace and OSAS!

ZacharyB

Gonna try this one last time.
If God Himself says a person died with Christ and is dead to the condemning Law ...

This person is dead to the Law because ...
he/she has become a new person in Christ,
and is no longer in bondage to sin!
He/she no longer has a nature that must sin!
He/she is free indeed.

However, he/she still has that fallen sin nature!
And, not needing to does not mean not wanting to.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

If God Himself says a person died with Christ and is dead to the condemning Law...even though that person has not personally experienced physical death...are we to take Him at His Word, or are we to try to explain it away in some nonliteral fashion?

It depends on whether or not the old man died and the new man was raised up from the burial with Christ to walk in newness of life with him.

Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. (Romans 6:4 NKJV)​

andyc

we grace people have good company ,Paul was accused of the same thing

Rom 3:7 For if in my lie the truth has more abounded to His glory why am I still judged as a sinner?
Rom 3:8 And not rather, (as we are wrongly accused, and as some affirm that we say), Let us do bad things that good may come? Their condemnation is just.

Supposedly doing bad things in order to emphasize grace was a distortion that opponents used to discredit the preaching of the gospel of grace.

However, boasting in grace in order to remove conviction as a result of allowing the carnal man to dominate, is not what Paul had in mind about grace.
He taught about living in victory over the flesh by walking in the Spirit. This concept of walking in the Spirit is alien to those who allow their flesh to dominate.

andyc

This is the lead-in to an excellent post.

we are saved by grace through faith

What the apostates have not realized is:
-- this faith includes obedience to Jesus' commandments
-- this faith must endure until death

The NT clearly teaches ...
True belief >> Saving faith through God's grace >> Obedience >> Endurance

This is fine, but you must be motivated by the love of God within. The obedience is not to gain the favor of God, but because, as sons, we have the favor of God.
If you have a dyslexic view of grace, you'll be working in order to be approved, rather than allowing God to work through you because you know you are already approved. Very important.

It's explained in the parable of the talents. The servants didn't work for the talents, but rather the talents worked for them. And it was because of the gifts received, that they could double what was given.

DAN P

This is the lead-in to an excellent post.

we are saved by grace through faith

What the apostates have not realized is:
-- this faith includes obedience to Jesus' commandments
-- this faith must endure until death

Hi and you have a verse must ENDURE until death ??

dan p

DAN P

2 Timothy 2:12 If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.

Hi and in your post #60 , you wrote " endure uinto death "

so where is that verse ??

If SOZO SAVED in Eph 2:5 and 8 is in the Greek Perfect Tens , Passive Voice and a Particple that doe not means ENDUDANCE !!

dan p

andyc

Hi and in your post #60 , you wrote " endure uinto death "

so where is that verse ??

If SOZO SAVED in Eph 2:5 and 8 is in the Greek Perfect Tens , Passive Voice and a Particple that doe not means ENDUDANCE !!

dan p

Firstly, it wasn't me who wrote post 60.

Secondly, endure *all things* would obviously mean *all things*. There is no enduring after death.

andyc

Hi and I meant Zach !

What verse does it say endure " all thing " ???

dan p

2 Timothy 2:10-13
Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, We shall also live with Him. If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us. If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

DAN P

2 Timothy 2:10-13
Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, We shall also live with Him. If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us. If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

Ho and I posted and OP on 2 Tim 2:11 addressing this issue !!

Called " do you DENY GOD "

DAN P

ZacharyB

What verse does it say endure " all thing " ???
One of my favs is ...

Matt 10:22, Mark 13:13
"And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake.
But he who endures to the end will be saved."

I suppose you think this means saved from physical death.
But, look up the Greek for "saved".

Please try to keep in mind what I've explained before ...

The many warnings about losing salvation (eternal life)
are somewhat hidden, because God did NOT want:
-- many people to become discouraged
-- more condemnation to be brought on Christianity
-- society to be more sinful
etc.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Very few are ready who are in today's despicable Laodicean churches,
which are preaching "the cheap grace with no accountability gospel".

Have you ever heard of anything so ridiculous than:
-- Jesus sending to hell unbelievers who sin habitually
-- Jesus sending to heaven believers who sin habitually

Because of your rejection of as you put it "the cheap grace" gospel you are blinded (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). Wouldn't you like the blinders to come off before you perish (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 KJV)? It can happen to your acknowledging of the truth (2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV). The truth is: 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV).

And where did you ever get the silly notion that we are not accountable? We are (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV, Philippians 1:9-10 KJV).

ZacharyB

And where did you ever get the silly notion that we are not accountable? We are (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV, Philippians 1:9-10 KJV).
How many times do I have to tell you ...

90%+ of all churches in North America now teach grace with NO accountability!

That's what "cheap grace" means.

heir

TOL Subscriber
How many times do I have to tell you ...
90%+ of all churches in North America do not teach accountability now!

That's what "cheap grace" means.
You aren't telling me anything except that you believe not the glorious gospel of Christ (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV. Most churches today are run by these 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV and are preaching the gospel and doctrine found in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and that is not the power of God unto salvation to anyone today! We are in the BUT NOW, where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested~!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

It's found in the gospel of Christ!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Which is a gospel of salvation by grace through faith (not of works)!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

andyc

You aren't telling me anything except that you believe not the glorious gospel of Christ (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV. Most churches today are run by these 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV and are preaching the gospel and doctrine found in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and that is not the power of God unto salvation to anyone today! We are in the BUT NOW, where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested~!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

It's found in the gospel of Christ!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Which is a gospel of salvation by grace through faith (not of works)!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Why don't you just cut to the chase.
What does God expect from you once you are saved?

Answer this, and it would avoid numerous unnecessary threads.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why don't you just cut to the chase.
What does God expect from you once you are saved?

Answer this, and it would avoid numerous unnecessary threads.

They do not know anything God expects of them.

They are afraid that it might be some kind of work, and everyone will see their hypocrisy of condemning others who do good works.
Paul encouraged people to do good works.

They are Sauls, not followers of Paul as he followed Christ.

1Co 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

LA