This Black WAS abused by cops.. Sandra Bland

fool

Hall of Fame
First, here's a quick take on it from an ACLU lawyer and yes, in Texas they can arrest you for failure to signal;

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/sandra-bland-arrest-video-legality/

Seriously? He asked her what was bothering her, and she answered. He could have just been done at that point.
She could have just shut the hell up and got her warning.
Less is more when dealing with the cops.

But no, for some bizarre reason he had to "order" her to put out her cigarette, which he has no power to do.
He sure as hell does!
Look Fly, I don't know where you're from but in the US when you're detained by the police it's a bad time to;
Sharpen your hunting knife
Clean your hand gun
Practice your Karate
Make sudden movements with your hands, feet ,body

He simply wants to hand her a clipboard so she can sign her WARNING that he's giving her, A lit cigarette can be used as a weapon and he simply wants her to extinguish the weapon before he continues with the encounter.
Much like "stop practicing your karate while I'm talking to you".

And she rightly called him on it.
No, she wrongly refused and got dragged out the car.
Much like if you don't want to stop practicing your karate you're going to get cuffed and shackled, put in a restraint chair, whatever it takes until you quit squirming around.
Had he just given her the warning and walked away, that would have been the end of it all.
She could have shut the hell up and taken the warning and that would have been the end of it all.

fool

Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFR7
Maybe they had it in for her due to her activism. She may have been set up. She sure was harassed over nothing. Profiled. Yes, something is rotten here. I don't care what people think of me for saying that.

TOL's cop-hating duo have reunited once again.

Do tell us some of the conspiracy theories floating around fellas (i.e. "she may have been set up").

Count me in, I, like many people think the cops have gotten out of hand and this death may have more sinister aspects to it.
BUT
From what I've seen of the tape of the incident this lady followed the script on how to turn a minor traffic encounter into getting cuffed and stuffed.

fool

Hall of Fame
You heard it here black folks....do whatever the man tells you, and you'll be just fine. Oh, wait....

Can I seen your license please

This is a great example of a cop that shouldn't be a cop.
He tells the guy to get his license.
The guy goes to get his license.
He tells the guy to get out of the car.
He gets out of the car.
BANG BANG BANG

The cop deserves time for that.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am seeing a trend of "it's always the fault of the cops ... especially if the suspect is black".

All she had to do was put the cigarette out and allow the officer to hand her the warning. :hammer:

Oh ... and then there is the whole "no one told her to commit suicide" part of the scenario.

GFR7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFR7
Maybe they had it in for her due to her activism. She may have been set up. She sure was harassed over nothing. Profiled. Yes, something is rotten here. I don't care what people think of me for saying that.

Do tell us some of the conspiracy theories floating around fellas (i.e. "she may have been set up").
Oh, you love to lie, you insufferable old windbag. UUUUUgh get lost i thought i was rid of uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

GFR7

I am seeing a trend of "it's always the fault of the cops ... especially if the suspect is black".

All she had to do was put the cigarette out and allow the officer to hand her the warning. :hammer:

Oh ... and then there is the whole "no one told her to commit suicide" part of the scenario.
Ha, when I say this same about bogus rape charges you won't hear it. :mock: Always the man's fault. Maybe you better rethink ha :)

And this girl never, for one second, gave this cop cause to think she would burn him with her cigarette.

Geez, she had a right to finish smoking. Talk about weird theories...........:kookoo:

There was a time when cops knew they were public servants. Not military agents.

GFR7

Sorry, we're not glad she's dead. I grieve for her mother and sister. It's just not funny to us, as it is to yoooooooo

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ha, when I say this same about bogus rape charges you won't hear it.

That's correct ... I will not listen to someone who posts misogynist drivel from a patriarchy site on facebook:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4266284&postcount=6657

GFR7 said:
aCw is not even himself anymore, just a big Ted Cruz now So why should his judgments matter?

In any case, this man who runs the The Patriarchy site on Facebook makes a great deal of sense in his distinctions:

And this girl never, for one second, gave this cop cause to think she would burn him with her cigarette.

Since *you* were not there (looking her in the face), you do not know that.

Geez, she had a right to finish smoking. Talk about weird theories...........:kookoo:

And she couldn't have finished smoking AFTER she received her warning .... WHY?

Though yes, I agree ... you do have wild *theories*.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Count me in, I, like many people think the cops have gotten out of hand...

I'll gladly take you on in a debate. I'll show you where there is (and has been) a well organized movement to make local police depts. look evil and out of control, hence the need for federal oversight and eventually a national police force (can you say "Gestapo"?)

and this death may have more sinister aspects to it.

Make your case Alex Jones.

BUT
From what I've seen of the tape of the incident this lady followed the script on how to turn a minor traffic encounter into getting cuffed and stuffed.

Did it take years of practice to talk out both sides of your mouth or did it come naturally?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry, we're not glad she's dead.

Nor are you sad ... this is nothing more than a stepping stone to "let's blame it all on the cops!"

I grieve for her mother and sister.

Keep saying it ... I am sure there are some here who believe you.

It's just not funny to us, as it is to yoooooooo

Disagreeing with you does not equate to believing her death is "funny". You, OTOH, are responsible for condoning the kind of moronic behavior that causes simple incidents like these to end in arrest.

I guess it never occurred to you that a person who was so easily agitated over a simple warning ticket already had mental issues PRIOR to being pulled over.

GFR7

@Nazaroo: It was only after the cop had gone to his car and come back that his demeanor changed, and his attitude. He had found out she was an activist listed with Black Lives Matter, possibly :think:

GFR7

Nor are you sad ... this is nothing more than a stepping stone to "let's blame it all on the cops!"

Keep saying it ... I am sure there are some here who believe you.

Disagreeing with you does not equate to believing her death is "funny". You, OTOH, are responsible for condoning the kind of moronic behavior that causes simple incidents like these to end in arrest.

I guess it never occurred to you that a person who was so easily agitated over a simple warning ticket already had mental issues PRIOR to being pulled over.
So having psychiatric issues warrants arrest?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@Nazaroo: It was only after the cop had gone to his car and come back that his demeanor changed, and his attitude. He had found out she was an activist listed with Black Lives Matter, possibly :think:

Nothing like a little gossip and conspiracy theory to boost your *argument* ...