Thinking and reflecting on obeying God's commands.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
jacob

Huh ? I dont understand ! How can someone hold you back from keeping Gods law perfectly if Christ has already done that for you ?

All I mean is that if someone is opposed to God or opposed to me I am not going to let that keep me from obeying God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is not difficult as you say...it is impossible. You are teaching a false religion

I don't believe it is difficult. Maybe that is misunderstood in what I said here somehow? I am glad to know God's commands, and I hope others come to know them as well.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You have heard of salvation, but you have not had the experience of regeneration. You are alive to the law and therefore under wrath.
I don't know what you are saying. I believe you should obey God's commands.

Titus 3:5 NASB - 5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Again, how can that even be possible?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

It shouldn't be. Perhaps I shouldn't think anyone would want to keep me from obeying God's commands. The point is simply that if that is the intention we should all acknowledge that we should all obey God. If that is not the intention we can know the same. If I am faced with a decision about whether or not I will obey God's commands, any given command, I hope to always obey God. In this way, my obedience is not the same as your obedience. That is, I obey God. And you should obey God. Each and every one of us should obey God. The decisions of another person should not keep any of us from obeying God's commands. It may happen that any one of us need help obeying God's commands, and unless one of us communicates that need it is between God and the individual to make that decision on one's own. There is observing on your own, and there is helping others to observe, or sharing God's commands with others in addition to learning them yourself. Let us learn in order to teach. Let us learn in order to do.

beloved57

It shouldn't be. Perhaps I shouldn't think anyone would want to keep me from obeying God's commands. The point is simply that if that is the intention we should all acknowledge that we should all obey God. If that is not the intention we can know the same. If I am faced with a decision about whether or not I will obey God's commands, any given command, I hope to always obey God. In this way, my obedience is not the same as your obedience. That is, I obey God. And you should obey God. Each and every one of us should obey God. The decisions of another person should not keep any of us from obeying God's commands. It may happen that any one of us need help obeying God's commands, and unless one of us communicates that need it is between God and the individual to make that decision on one's own. There is observing on your own, and there is helping others to observe, or sharing God's commands with others in addition to learning them yourself. Let us learn in order to teach. Let us learn in order to do.
You don't make sense, if Jesus Christ has already obeyed God for you, how can you not obey God at anytime? In my Faith I have perfectly obeyed God through Christ when I personally was an enemy to God and disobedient.

marhig

I totally agree, we are to obey God always and deny ourselves. We are all different and we all do different things wrong. God talks to us individually teaching us what's right wrong within us. And the stronger we become in God, the stronger or consciences become and we have to choose who we obey each day, God, or Satan he who tempts is through our flesh.

We are dead without God, weak and living in the flesh and Satan rocks us in his arms as we are blinded by sin. But through Jesus and the holy spirit of God our eyes are opened, and we know the difference between sin and living right before God. Do we do as Joshua did and choose this day to serve the lord or serve Satan. And God will judge is on what choice we make. We must obey God and turn from wilful sin, and show the love of God that is within us to those around us.

Paul said this in Hebrews 10

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins

We can't carry on wilfully sinning once we know the living God, although we all sin, but when we realise we have then we must go to God and repent. But wilful sinning should be stopping. Sin brings death, the truth through Christ by the spirit brings life.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You don't make sense, if Jesus Christ has already obeyed God for you, how can you not obey God at anytime? In my Faith I have perfectly obeyed God through Christ when I personally was an enemy to God and disobedient.
Jesus obeyed God, yes. That is how a person is saved. You need to obey God too. Not to get saved or to become saved, but because you are saved. I trust you are saying that you are saved.

beloved57

Jesus obeyed God, yes. That is how a person is saved. You need to obey God too. Not to get saved or to become saved, but because you are saved. I trust you are saying that you are saved.
So is everyone saved without exception? Don't you believe that Christ obeyed God for all without exception?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So is everyone saved without exception? Don't you believe that Christ obeyed God for all without exception?

As you read Romans chapter 5 and 1 Corinthians 15 you can remember that there are those who will experience the second death, the lake of fire.

beloved57

As you read Romans chapter 5 and 1 Corinthians 15 you can remember that there are those who will experience the second death, the lake of fire.
Why would anyone ever experience the second death if they were saved by Jesus Christ obeying the law of God for them perfectly? That means God does not charge them with sin and death.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why would anyone ever experience the second death if they were saved by Jesus Christ obeying the law of God for them perfectly? That means God does not charge them with sin and death.

Do you mean you believe that you believe that the second death, which is spoken of in Revelation, is experienced by no one?

beloved57

Do you mean you believe that you believe that the second death, which is spoken of in Revelation, is experienced by no one?
No. I never said that. How can anyone experience the second death when Christ has perfectly obeyed God's law for them? You just said that saved them. How therefore can they be lost and experience the second death? You must answer that.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No. I never said that. How can anyone experience the second death when Christ has perfectly obeyed God's law for them? You just said that saved them. How therefore can they be lost and experience the second death? You must answer that.

Are you saying everyone is saved or everyone will be saved? Neither of these is true.

I believe you have here said you believe you are saved. If you know you are saved I don't understand where your question comes from.

beloved57

Are you saying everyone is saved or everyone will be saved? Neither of these is true.

I believe you have here said you believe you are saved. If you know you are saved I don't understand where your question comes from.
No. You said that Christ obeyed God's law for everyone, not me, you said that.

beloved57

Somehow you came to this conclusion.
You said it. Now do you believe that Christ Jesus obeyed God's law perfectly for everyone without exception? Yes or no? I say NO, what say you?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Answer the question!

Don't tell me I said something I didn't say, step to a question by extension from what you are thinking and then tell me to answer your question.

If you are saved, obey God... period.