Things You Are Not Allowed To Do

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
So one infected cow in a herd of 500 is more deadly than a infected cow in a herd of 10?

The FDA is a joke. They contract most of their work out to private companies that just approve things to get paid. Government doesn't do anything well.

How many deaths are allowable in your mind because you believe that there shouldn't be regulations when it comes inspecting food products?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you think that there should be regulations on the slaughter and processing of meat that is going to be publically sold, and if not, why?

No. Companies have a vested interest in providing quality products, especially when government isn't propping them up. Get government out of the economy, let companies compete. There are problem that arise in a free market, but there are nothing but problems from government.

Let me fix your typographical errior:

Responsible companies have a vested interest in providing quality products...

Sigh, if only everyone were responsible, then nations wouldn't need laws (but then responsible companies can make mistakes too).

Do you believe the Libertarian Caveat Emptor philosophy?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So FDA regulations only do good in the slaughter houses that mass produce, but not the smaller ones? Does Bovine spongiform encephalopathy differentiate between large and small slaughterhouses?

Sure.
Large slaughterhouses are unsanitary and unethical bloodbaths in which they pump their livestock with antibiotics to offset it.

We went thousands of years without the FDA. The FDA was originally for the purpose of these massive places, not for a small farm or a man giving food to the poor.

You hate the poor, we get it- you have nothing to say in good will of those dirty, unkempt folk. The Pharisees didn't like Jesus for being around them either :wave2:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
So FDA regulations only do good in the slaughter houses that mass produce, but not the smaller ones? Does Bovine spongiform encephalopathy differentiate between large and small slaughterhouses?

Sure.
Large slaughterhouses are unsanitary and unethical bloodbaths in which they pump their livestock with antibiotics to offset it.

So Mad Cow Disease (Bovine spongiform encephalopathy), harmful strains of E Coli (Escherichia coli) and other meat/food related diseases can't be contracted outside of larger slaughter houses?

We went thousands of years without the FDA. The FDA was originally for the purpose of these massive places, not for a small farm or a man giving food to the poor.

The last time I checked the United States is 240 years old.

And now one of TOL's rainbow warriors takes his anger out on me:

You hate the poor, we get it- you have nothing to say in good will of those dirty, unkempt folk. The Pharisees didn't like Jesus for being around them either :wave2:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The last time I checked the United States is 240 years old.

I'm sure in you're mind, you presume there was no world worth caring about before 240 years ago :loser:

And now one of TOL's rainbow warriors takes his anger out on me:

You're the only person on this site who thinks I am a 'rainbow warrior', because only YOU have the capacity to lie about something that is utterly in plain view otherwise :chuckle:

glassjester

So one infected cow in a herd of 500 is more deadly than a infected cow in a herd of 10?

No, but there's more likely to be 1 infected cow in a herd of 500, than in a herd of 10.

And when they mix it all up in the same processing plant - more people are put at risk.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

No, but there's more likely to be 1 infected cow in a herd of 500, than in a herd of 10.

And when they mix it all up in the same processing plant - more people are put at risk.

So people will be just as dead if one diseased cow is slaughtered, processed and consumed as with 50.

It's a good thing that we have regulatory agencies that monitor such things ey?

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
This is only one of many reasons why Donald Trump as president scares the hell out of me. He's going to deregulate many,many things which MUST be regulated, like the safety of our food, water and the air . The safety of our cars, factories, restaurants etc .
He's going to allow companies o pollute the environment with impunity, and there will be hell to pay!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is only one of many reasons why Donald Trump as president scares the hell out of me. He's going to deregulate many,many things which MUST be regulated, like the safety of our food, water and the air . The safety of our cars, factories, restaurants etc .
He's going to allow companies o pollute the environment with impunity, and there will be hell to pay!

Ease your concerns De Horn, Trump won't touch the thing that's most important to you:

Same sex 'marriage'.

Daniel1769

Based on your OP, I get the feeling that you're against all regulatory agencies. If something worthwhile is in need of repair, then fix it.

All regulatory agencies are a scam. It' apparently easier to talk you out of your liberty and 90% of your income so long as there's a chance that you might get sick from meat the FDA doesn't even inspect anyway.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
All regulatory agencies are a scam. It' apparently easier to talk you out of your liberty and 90% of your income so long as there's a chance that you might get sick from meat the FDA doesn't even inspect anyway.

I'll ask you again since you didn't answer the first time:

Daniel1769

I'll ask you again since you didn't answer the first time:

The buyer beware thing? To an extent, but there should be some recourse if people were defrauded or something like that. Government should be recourse for violence, theft, and breach of contract. Period. Being purposely deceptive in selling a product is a form of theft, and there should be recourse for it.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The buyer beware thing? To an extent, but there should be some recourse if people were defrauded or something like that. Government should be recourse for violence, theft, and breach of contract. Period. Being purposely deceptive in selling a product is a form of theft, and there should be recourse for it.

How about health and building codes? I like to know that the restaurant that my family and I dine at is inspected periodically by the Health Dept. and that they followed city building code requirements when they constructed the building.

Guess I'm picky huh?

Daniel1769

How about health and building codes? I like to know that the restaurant that my family and I dine at is inspected periodically by the Health Dept. and that they followed city building code requirements when they constructed the building.

Guess I'm picky huh?

Yes. If you've ever worked in a restaurant, you know that restaurants are not very sanitary. The health codes don't do much to help that. If employees aren't washing their hands, an inspector doesn't materialize in the bathroom. Building codes are stupid, and government has no business tell people what to do with their property. If you don't like the way a building is constructed, go elsewhere. If you're worried about your health, eat at home. When I go to a restaurant, I know it could be dirty in the kitchen and people aren't washing their hands. If I was a germaphobe, I'd eat at home. If you need government to hold your hand throughout your day to day life then you need to grow up and learn some responsibility.