They just can't get past it

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You're just some racist psychopath on the internet, your opinion is meaningless. Babble on if you can't help yourself.

Ignore function was made for racist psychopaths. The more people ignore them, the less they perform. I get it. It can be fun to wind up trolls. But it just encourages them.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Ignore function was made for racist psychopaths. The more people ignore them, the less they perform. I get it. It can be fun to wind up trolls. But it just encourages them.

No. I've tried that at various times over the years, and while ignore is designed to protect me, in effect it also ensures I'd have to stand by while he bullies others.

You can counter his lies by posting indirect corrections, I get it. It's very helpful and you're very good at it and it's a public service. But bullies need to be faced head-on.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. I've tried that at various times over the years, and while ignore is designed to protect me, in effect it also ensures I'd have to stand by while he bullies others.

You can counter his lies by posting indirect corrections, I get it. It's very helpful and you're very good at it and it's a public service. But bullies need to be faced head-on.

Bully or attention seeker? I see the above mentioned as the latter.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Bully or attention seeker? I see the above mentioned as the latter.

Not sure I'm understanding what you mean by above and latter? sod is both of those things. Ignore is a personal decision for everyone, and I was explaining my decision not to use it for him. It's not perfect either way, really.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Problem is, I started on the newsgroups, where there was no moderation or protection. So my inclination is to handle jerks grabbing them by the throat. And that's not tolerated here. So I need to exercise restraint and apply factual corrections to lies and misconceptions. You don't need my help, anyway. I get only one side of some of it, but it looks like you've cut them down to size pretty well.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Pathetic mind, you have there.
Before you shout your mouth off, remember Vietnam.

There are no winners or losers in wars. Everybody loses.
Wake up.

"The best victory is to win without actually fighting. Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting."
Sun Tzu,The Art of War

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Problem is, I started on the newsgroups, where there was no moderation or protection. So my inclination is to handle jerks grabbing them by the throat. And that's not tolerated here. So I need to exercise restraint and apply factual corrections to lies and misconceptions. You don't need my help, anyway. I get only one side of some of it, but it looks like you've cut them down to size pretty well.

And you do a good job, and I understand what you're saying, and everyone has a different approach that suits their personality, environment, experience, the person they're interacting with - any number of factors. I appreciate the different approaches people have, sometimes someone has the guts to say what I was thinking, only ten times as harshly, because harsh was what was needed for that moment and I've been glad they were there to do it. Kindness and calmness is good, so is humor - so is a brickbat. :eek:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I don't mind a good round of Irish tag, but not here. It's kind of a challenge to take angry abuse and direct it into a discussion of the facts. And with the ignore function, I don't see much of the trolls anymore, anyway.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
There are no winners or losers in wars. Everybody loses.

You're right.

In 1783, we lost the chance to be ruled from across the ocean by a british parliament that viewed us as second class citizens.

In 1865, we lost the opportunity to own slaves.

In 1945, you lost the opportunity to be subjugated by the Germans.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No, it's actually true.

Twitter hates news.

No, it's actually fake. Another failed Hail Mary from this guy

Screen-Shot-2020-10-14-at-8-41-34-PM.png

5 Points On Why The New ‘Biden Emails’ Distortion Is So Bogus

eider

You're right.

In 1783, we lost the chance to be ruled from across the ocean by a british parliament that viewed us as second class citizens.

You poor dopey cranky snitchy goof!
You constantly and repeatedly tell us that a huge % of your country is:-

2nd Class!!

Wake up!

In 1865, we lost the opportunity to own slaves.
?

In 1945, you lost the opportunity to be subjugated by the Germans.

We did that in spring 1941.
Hitler never tried again.

We saw you later on...........

WAKE UP!