There was no house of Israel in the 1st century

Epoisses

Many on this forum are quick to point out that the new covenant promise was only for the house of Judah and the house of Israel but can never come to terms with the fact that only the house of Judah remained in the 1st century. All the disciples of Christ were most likely from Judah or Benjamin aka the house of Judah. Jesus was from Judah. Paul was from Benjamin. The Samaritans who were some of the remnants of the house of Israel or the ten northern tribes were rejected by the Jews as a mixed people. Now there were a few remnants of the house of Israel like the few Levites who were still in charge of the temple and a solitary Anna from the tribe of Ashur but as for full functioning tribes the ten were lost to history.

The ten northern tribes or the house of Israel were lost to history 2000 years ago so the dispensational notions of God fulfilling his promise to ethnic tribes in the future are bogus and without merit. God does not deal in worthless genealogies anymore. Those that have faith are accepted by him Jew and Gentile alike. Paul quotes the prophet Hosea in Romans 9 and applies it to the Gentiles indicating that they were brought in to fill the fallen ranks - Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. Rom. 9:24-26

The things I am presenting are common knowledge for all non-dispensational Christians. Jewish people themselves would agree that the house of Israel was lost to history after the Assyrian captivity which was 700 years before Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jewish people themselves would agree that the house of Israel was lost to history after the Assyrian captivity which was 700 years before Christ.

"since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?" (Genesis 18:18)

That's not Judah, but you might try the USA and Britain.

Here's an excerpt of a poem with a powerful message forgotten by many:

"If, drunk with sight of power, we loose
Wild tongues that have not Thee in awe,
Such boastings as the Gentiles use,
Or lesser breeds without the Law—
Lord God of Hosts, be with us yet,
Lest we forget—lest we forget!"

- Rudyard Kipling

Epoisses

"since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?" (Genesis 18:18)

That's not Judah, but you might try the USA and Britain.

Here's an excerpt of a poem with a powerful message forgotten by many:

"If, drunk with sight of power, we loose
Wild tongues that have not Thee in awe,
Such boastings as the Gentiles use,
Or lesser breeds without the Law—
Lord God of Hosts, be with us yet,
Lest we forget—lest we forget!"

- Rudyard Kipling

As usual the apostle Paul is right again. Women should just remain silent.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Many on this forum are quick to point out that the new covenant promise was only for the house of Judah and the house of Israel
Yes it was, as that is exactly who scripture tells us the New Covenant would be made to.
Jer 31:31
Heb 8:8

And that promise was made long after the nation of Israel split into two kingdoms, and long after the northern nation was scattered by the Assyrians.

So your assertion that the house of Israel had to exist in order for the New Covenant to be promised to them is BOGUS!

Now there were a few remnants of the house of Israel like the few Levites
The Levites were separate from both houses (Israel and Judah), as they had no tribal inheritance with either of them.
Deu 10:8-9
Deu 18:1-2
Num 18:20
Num 26:62
Jos 13:33

So that claim of yours is BOGUS also.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Many on this forum are quick to point out that the new covenant promise was only for the house of Judah and the house of Israel but can never come to terms with the fact that only the house of Judah remained in the 1st century. All the disciples of Christ were most likely from Judah or Benjamin aka the house of Judah. Jesus was from Judah. Paul was from Benjamin. The Samaritans who were some of the remnants of the house of Israel or the ten northern tribes were rejected by the Jews as a mixed people. Now there were a few remnants of the house of Israel like the few Levites who were still in charge of the temple and a solitary Anna from the tribe of Ashur but as for full functioning tribes the ten were lost to history.

The ten northern tribes or the house of Israel were lost to history 2000 years ago so the dispensational notions of God fulfilling his promise to ethnic tribes in the future are bogus and without merit. God does not deal in worthless genealogies anymore. Those that have faith are accepted by him Jew and Gentile alike. Paul quotes the prophet Hosea in Romans 9 and applies it to the Gentiles indicating that they were brought in to fill the fallen ranks - Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. Rom. 9:24-26

The things I am presenting are common knowledge for all non-dispensational Christians. Jewish people themselves would agree that the house of Israel was lost to history after the Assyrian captivity which was 700 years before Christ.

Bs'd

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

glorydaz

Yes it was, as that is exactly who scripture tells us the New Covenant would be made to.
Jer 31:31
Heb 8:8

And that promise was made long after the nation of Israel split into two kingdoms, and long after the northern nation was scattered by the Assyrians.

So your assertion that the house of Israel had to exist in order for the New Covenant to be promised to them is BOGUS!

The Levites were separate from both houses (Israel and Judah), as they had no tribal inheritance with either of them.
Deu 10:8-9
Deu 18:1-2
Num 18:20
Num 26:62
Jos 13:33

So that claim of yours is BOGUS also.

Here is a "silence" that speaks great truths. :chuckle:

chair

... Jewish people themselves would agree that the house of Israel was lost to history after the Assyrian captivity which was 700 years before Christ.

The term "House of Israel" is still used by Jews to this day, even though many of the tribes are gone. See here, for example.

As far as your theology is concerned- maybe it is time that you grow up and stop competing with a religion that Christianity split away from almost 2,000 years ago.

beameup

The faithful from among the tribes migrated to Judah.
All twelve tribes are "alive and well" in the 21st century.

Epoisses

Dispensational Christians willing follow their Hagey's and Darby's down the primrose path of destruction. There was no house of Israel 2000 years ago and there is no house of Judah or house of Israel today. There are no functioning tribes according to the old covenant stipulations. All of God's promises are to believers who accept Christ by faith and receive his Spirit. A Jew is someone with a circumcised heart and people of any ethnicity or DNA can be converted. There is more hope of a Calvinist being saved than a deluded dispensational Arminian who trusts in the flesh of some people in the middle east.

beameup

"faithful"?

Those of Israel who escaped annihilation and captivity by the Assyrians. Remember, the IDOLATRY of Israel???

Until the LORD removed Israel out of his sight, as he had said by all his servants the prophets. So was Israel carried away out of their own land to Assyria unto this day. - 2 Kings 17:23

SaulToPaul 2

Many on this forum are quick to point out that the new covenant promise was only for the house of Judah and the house of Israel but can never come to terms with the fact that only the house of Judah remained in the 1st century.

Scripture says there were 12 tribes in the first century. You are wrong.

SaulToPaul 2

Dispensational Christians willing follow their Hagey's and Darby's down the primrose path of destruction. There was no house of Israel 2000 years ago and there is no house of Judah or house of Israel today. There are no functioning tribes according to the old covenant stipulations. All of God's promises are to believers who accept Christ by faith and receive his Spirit. A Jew is someone with a circumcised heart and people of any ethnicity or DNA can be converted. There is more hope of a Calvinist being saved than a deluded dispensational Arminian who trusts in the flesh of some people in the middle east.

Pound the podium and declare victory, despite what the scripture saith.
Impressive!

john w

Hall of Fame

Translation: A sure sign that the drone is losing the debate, as she goes off on the eventual, proverbial "Hagey's and Darby's" emotional "Hail Mary," sound byte, that she read on the satanic "Replacement Theology" sites, peppered with the "oh so spiritual" "All of God's promises are to believers who accept Christ by faith and receive his Spirit. A Jew is someone with a circumcised heart and people of any ethnicity or DNA can be converted," and poof, with a magic wand, all of the LORD God's promises, that were made,to the believing remnant of the nation of his choosing, for service, Israel, made not for Israel's faithfulness, but to demonstrate that the LORD God is faithful, when man/Israel is not, and for His glory, are gone. deleted, from the book.............

Satanic.

Isaiah 66:8 Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Shall the earth be made to give birth in one day? Or shall a nation be born at once? For as soon as Zion was in labor, She gave birth to her children.

Amos 9

8 "Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are on the sinful kingdom, And I will destroy it from the face of the earth; Yet I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob," Says the LORD.
9 "For surely I will command, And will sift the house of Israel among all nations, As grain is sifted in a sieve; Yet not the smallest grain shall fall to the ground."

Ezekiel 36

22 "Therefore say to the house of Israel, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name's sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went.
23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the LORD," says the Lord GOD, "when I am hallowed in you before their eyes.
24 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land.
25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.
26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."

Jeremiah 30:7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.

Seems God will know who they are, would not appear He has misplaced them:

Revelation 7

1 After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree.
2 Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea,
3 saying, "Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads."
4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:
5 of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed;
6 of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed;
7 of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed;
8 of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed; of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.

Matthew 19:228 So Jesus said to them, "Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

James 1

1 James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

Somebody please tell Anna she was lost:

Luke 2:36 Now there was one, Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was of a great age, and had lived with a husband seven years from her virginity.

Romans 11:

1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying,
3 "LORD, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life"?

Ezekiel 48:

1 "Now these are the names of the tribes: From the northern border along the road to Hethlon at the entrance of Hamath, to Hazar Enan, the border of Damascus northward, in the direction of Hamath, there shall be one section for Dan from its east to its west side;
2 by the border of Dan, from the east side to the west, one section for Asher;
3 by the border of Asher, from the east side to the west, one section for Naphtali;
4 by the border of Naphtali, from the east side to the west, one section for Manasseh;
5 by the border of Manasseh, from the east side to the west, one section for Ephraim;
6 by the border of Ephraim, from the east side to the west, one section for Reuben;
7 by the border of Reuben, from the east side to the west, one section for Judah;
8 by the border of Judah, from the east side to the west, shall be the district which you shall set apart, twenty-five thousand cubits in width, and in length the same as one of the other portions, from the east side to the west, with the sanctuary in the center.
9 "The district that you shall set apart for the LORD shall be twenty-five thousand cubits in length and ten thousand in width...
22 Moreover, apart from the possession of the Levites and the possession of the city which are in the midst of what belongs to the prince, the area between the border of Judah and the border of Benjamin shall belong to the prince.
23 "As for the rest of the tribes, from the east side to the west, Benjamin shall have one section;
24 by the border of Benjamin, from the east side to the west, Simeon shall have one section;
25 by the border of Simeon, from the east side to the west, Issachar shall have one section;
26 by the border of Issachar, from the east side to the west, Zebulun shall have one section;
27 by the border of Zebulun, from the east side to the west, Gad shall have one section;
28 by the border of Gad, on the south side, toward the South, the border shall be from Tamar to the waters of Meribah by Kadesh, along the brook to the Great Sea.
29 This is the land which you shall divide by lot as an inheritance among the tribes of Israel, and these are their portions," says the Lord GOD.

Epoisses

Translation: A sure sign that the drone is losing the debate, as she goes off on the eventual, proverbial "Hagey's and Darby's" emotional "Hail Mary," sound byte, that she read on the satanic "Replacement Theology" sites, peppered with the "oh so spiritual" "All of God's promises are to believers who accept Christ by faith and receive his Spirit. A Jew is someone with a circumcised heart and people of any ethnicity or DNA can be converted," and poof, with a magic wand, all of the LORD God's promises, that were made,to the believing remnant of the nation of his choosing, for service, Israel, made not for Israel's faithfulness, but to demonstrate that the LORD God is faithful, when man/Israel is not, and for His glory, are gone. deleted, from the book.............

Satanic.

You're an unbeliever who bows at the altar of unbelief. Just can't ever come to terms with the fact that you've been lied to your whole life. So when someone comes along and tells you the truth you think it's a lie. Terrible what false prophets do to gullible people.

Epoisses

To whom did James write? (James 1:1)

A tribe has thousands of members in it all from the same lineage. If you marry outside your tribe even one time the line is broken and you are cast off as a mixed and rejected person. The ethnic tribes are gone and they vanished a long time ago. The spiritual tribes exist but you have to be converted to be a member.