There is no Hell

Right Divider

Body part
The punishment of Sodom and Gomorrah was their destruction, therefore destruction is a punishment. This means you were wrong when you claimed that destruction is not a punishment.
You're a weird guy Tim. I did NOT say that. You're so zealous to win the argument that you're willing to lie about what someone says.

My point was, and I'll say it AGAIN, is that even though the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah THEY did NOT cease to exist.

Destruction does NOT ever mean taken OUT of existence.

Nowhere in scripture do we EVER hear God say that something that he created will be UNCREATED.

Sealeaf

I sure hope you are right that there is no Hell, but I would not bet my soul on it. Hell makes sense because there is no evidence that anything made by God can be destroyed. So all of us will exist forever. The evil ones need to be put someplace where they can't make trouble.

If God could destroy something He has caused to be, why would He permit Satan to remain in existence? Destruction is not possible, anything that has existed, continues to exist in the past. Like flies in amber. Time is a dimension not a sequence. Past events and persons are real but cannot change.

KingdomRose

This is your brain on sola scriptura.

All of CherubRam's posts are great examples of that, actually.

I believe in sola scriptura, but a post like CherubRam's, above, is making my eyes cross. I'm sorry....could we take it a little bit at a time, Cherub?

KingdomRose

Why would Death and Hell need to be cast into the Lake of Fire? Simply because they are enemies of God and living spirits (rulers of the darkness of this world) and need to be punished. The last enemy that shall be defeated is Death. We will bring him to his knees with our faith in God's ability to raise the dead. We will cause Death to no longer be able to do his job.

And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

When we have brought Death to his knees with our faith, our job of subduing Christ's enemies will be complete and He will return for a glorious and victorious church.

Surely you post with tongue-in-cheek. "Death" is not a man that someone could bring it to its knees. Death and Hell will be thrown into the lake of fire---symbolizing the total destruction of both. It was mentioned above that "Hell" was understood to be "the grave" at an earlier point in history. So Death and the Grave are destroyed---metaphorically cast into the lake of fire.

CherubRam

I believe in sola scriptura, but a post like CherubRam's, above, is making my eyes cross. I'm sorry....could we take it a little bit at a time, Cherub?

I also believe that scriptures is the word of God, but unlike you I know that men have tampered with it; the bible even says so. The best way to deal with info overload, is come back to it later, when you are feeling up to it.

lifeisgood

Why do you say that? How could he be happy? He's deader than a doornail.

No, he is not deader than a doornail.

Death DOES NOT mean cessation of existence.
After my body perishes, I will continue to exist.

You said:
The Bible says that the wages of sin is death, but you don't think death is a harsh enough punishment.

The Bible says that the wicked will be destroyed, but you don't think that being destroyed is a harsh enough punishment.

The Bible says that the wicked will perish, but you don't believe that the wicked will perish.

If I understood you correctly, you believe that nonexistence is harsh enough punishment for Adolph Hitler for the killing of 11+ million people, from my example. That for me would be a reward, not a punishment.

The worst perishing in the world is realizing, AFTER it is TOO LATE, that one is separated from God for eternity.

The worst death in the world is realizing, AFTER it is TOO LATE, that one is separated from God for eternity.

It is my hope that Adolph Hitler is awake and well aware of what he did and where he is and his punishment being that he sees the majority of the faces he exterminated looking back at him and he wishing, for eternity, he could be in their places and he, for eternity, still hating that all he did, did nothing to exterminate God’s people and he, for eternity, unable to do anything about their heritage, which is being with God for eternity. Now, that is punishment, for me.

Hell for me is being separated from God for eternity realizing that one has rejected the only way to be with God for eternity – Jesus Christ and His work on the Cross of Calvary — Old or New Testament times. Different terminology; same conclusion.

I hope I emphasized 'for eternity' enough.

Right Divider

Body part
You are in error. You misrepresented what I said once again.
Hitler will be punished by being destroyed.
You don't think much of telling the truth, do you?

It is interesting that you still believe that destruction is not a punishment even after I proved to you that destruction is punishment. Remember? The examples I gave are the punishment of Sodom and Gomorrah by destruction, and the punishment of prisoners on death row by destruction.
You still can't get over YOUR definition of "destroy". It does NOT mean uncreate.

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed and YET they did not just disappear.

rstrats

lifeisgood,
re: "If I understood you correctly, you believe that nonexistence is harsh enough punishment for Adolph Hitler for the killing of 11+ million people, from my example. That for me would be a reward, not a punishment.

What if after someone had killed 11+ million people they came to meet the supreme being's requirements for salvation? Wouldn't that mean that not only were they not punished with eternal non-conscious death, but that they actually got away scott free from any kind of punishment at all?