There is no Hell

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
sorry I didn't use your words

can God end your existence?

that's the one i hafta search for

question for you

can God end the existence of everything He has brought into existence?

did you ever wonder why He was willing to destroy all life in the flood, but stopped short of destroying the whole earth?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
while I am waiting for ok doser to reply
I want to point out
that
God did not destroy all life in the flood

obviously

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
while I am waiting for ok doser to reply
I want to point out
that
God did not destroy all life in the flood

obviously

no, but He intended to

I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

lifeisgood

The Bible says that the wages of sin is death, but you don't think death is a harsh enough punishment.

The Bible says that the wicked will be destroyed, but you don't think that being destroyed is a harsh enough punishment.

The Bible says that the wicked will perish, but you don't believe that the wicked will perish.

Adolf Hitler must be very happy.

Right Divider

Body part
Tell me again how being COMPLETELY DESTROYED for their sins is not punishment. How low a view of eternal life you must have if you think that not having eternal life is not a punishment. You are 100% wrong. Besides, I do not merely claim that the Bible states specifically that the wicked will be destroyed. The Bible ALSO STATES CLEARLY that the wicked will disappear. So your point is completely wrong. The Bible says that the wicked will be no more. You are simply mistaken. Your opinion that being taken out of existence is hardly punishment is wrong, and it is worth nothing, since your opinion that being completely destroyed is not punishment is not backed up by any fact whatsoever.

I can prove to you that being completely destroyed is punishment. Have you ever heard of "Capital Punishment"? By anyone's standard capital punishment is a form of punishment. When a prisoner is executed, they perish. This is the punishment that the state imposes on that person. They perish and everyone in the world agrees that this is the punishment for their crime. They have been completely destroyed, and they will be no more. That's punishment. Your opinion that being destroyed is not punishment is wrong.

But aside from that, death is what the Bible says is the punishment for sin. Even if you disagree that death, or being completely destroyed is not the proper punishment for sin, that doesn't matter because the Bible says that it is. I believe the Bible rather than what you say. The Bible says that the wicked will be destroyed. So even if you don't like it, that's what will happen. The Bible says that the wicked will perish, so even if you don't like it, that's what will happen. The Bible says that the wicked will be no more, so even if you don't think that is punishment, it will happen anyway. In spite of you. You don't get to decide what the wages of sin is. God decides that. And God said in Romans 6:23 that the wages of sin is death. When you succeed in your overthrow of God, then you can decide that the wages of sin is eternal torture. Until then, we will agree with God, not you. Despite what your mommy told you, you are not God.
You're too confused to even have a discussion.

CherubRam

pay close attention timmy

according to the bible:

he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone

and

they have no rest day nor night

Job 27:8
For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?

God takes away the life of the condemned, and they do not enter His rest.

Psalm 95:11
So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’”
Hebrews 3:11
So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ”
Hebrews 4:3
Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’” And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world.
Hebrews 4:5
And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”

What we have here is a contradiction between punishment and torture.
Matthew 25:46
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
2 Peter 2:9
if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.
Jude 1:7
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
Revelation 17:1
One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters.

Does God have nothing better to do than torture people day and night for all eternity?
Luke 16:23
In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.
Luke 16:28
for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
Revelation 14:10
they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”
Revelation 20:10
And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.