The Yahweh Name

oatmeal

Did you notice that I didn't actually quote the verse when I said that?

I recognize that the verse does not say "as."

I'm simply trying to get you to recognize the figure of speech that was being used!

In other words, God making Moses God to Pharaoh IS NOT LITERAL!
That's great that you did not use the word "as"

God was speaking literally, not figuratively.

The word "God" or "god" does not always refer to the Creator but God uses that word much more broadly. Man in his arrogance likes to tell God what God means. When in truth, we should seek to find out what God said and means. God uses the word God to refer to men who represent and serve him as well as in other usages as well. The word "god" is used much more broadly than most people use the word "god". Hence, we miss out on truths that we could have learned

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Because you say so?

Because last I checked, Moses was just a man, and was always a man.

The word "God" or "god" does not always refer to the Creator but God uses that word much more broadly. Man in his arrogance likes to tell God what God means.

Hypocrite.

You said:

Don't be a hypocrite.

When in truth, we should seek to find out what God said and means.

And you assume I haven't?

God uses the word God to refer to men who represent and serve him

Well, no, He doesn't.

On the contrary:

Thus says God the Lord, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it:“I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness, And will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the Gentiles,To open blind eyes, To bring out prisoners from the prison, Those who sit in darkness from the prison house.I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images.Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.” - Isaiah 42:5-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah42:5-9&version=NKJV

That includes calling someone "God."

as well as in other usages as well.

The only time God calls someone/thing a "god" is when He is mocking them.

The word "god" is used much more broadly than most people use the word "god". Hence, we miss out on truths that we could have learned

Maybe you should sit down and learn the usages yourself.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That's great that you did not use the word "as"

The word "God" or "god" does not always refer to the Creator but God uses that word much more broadly. Man in his arrogance likes to tell God what God means. When in truth, we should seek to find out what God said and means. God uses the word God to refer to men who represent and serve him as well as in other usages as well. The word "god" is used much more broadly than most people use the word "god". Hence, we miss out on truths that we could have learned

I am also waiting on your reply to this as well, if you would, please.

Well, it wasn't honest rejecting the Trinity.

But I do believe you were convinced by false teaching, which caused you to change your thinking.

Now answer my question.

Who do you think is speaking in Revelation 21:7?

oatmeal

Because you say so?

Hypocrite.

You said:

Don't be a hypocrite.

Well, no, He doesn't.

On the contrary:

Thus says God the Lord, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it:“I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness, And will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the Gentiles,To open blind eyes, To bring out prisoners from the prison, Those who sit in darkness from the prison house.I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images.Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.” - Isaiah 42:5-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah42:5-9&version=NKJV

Moses was a prophet that spoke what God told him to speak

oatmeal

I am also waiting on your reply to this as well, if you would, please.
Clearly, Those were God's words and it is notable to recognize that God makes reference to His son, Jesus Christ, in that God states that He God will be his God and that he will be his son.

"He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son."

Jesus is the one who overcame

oatmeal

Because you say so?

Hypocrite.

You said:

Don't be a hypocrite.

Well, no, He doesn't.

On the contrary:
Well, no, He doesn't.

On the contrary:

So which is it? Does He or doesn't he?

Good news! I am not a hypocrite I am well informed.

Am I well informed and well educated in the scriptures?

I am.

Oh, just for your further education, simply because I used the words, "I am" does not mean that I am God, I know that you believe that Jesus is God because he said "I am" so I do not want you to be confused about that fact that I too, said, "I am"

Using the words, "I am" does not mean that the person using those words are God Almighty.

Am I right?

I am!

No, I do not assume that, I conclude that based on the posts of yours that I have read

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

In what way does that go against anything I said?

Moses was, last I checked, just a man. He wasn't God. He wasn't literally a god.

God made him "a god to Pharaoh." the "to Pharaoh" but is important. It doesn't change the fact that Moses was a human, and never a god, nor was he God. It simply means that Moses was given power, the power of God, to do miracles before Pharaoh.

oatmeal

Exodus 7:1 is clear,
God said to Moses that He made Moses to be god to Pharaoh.

Odd, that you would believe Thomas, but you refuse to believe God.

Exodus 7:1 KJV..And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Greetings again Apple7, Yahweh, God the Father delivered Israel of Egypt,
True. YHWH the Father delivered Israel out of Egypt, as did YHWH the Son. What's your point?
Your long list of verses prove that the OT reveals that there is only One God, Yahweh, the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
True. Whereas not a single verse in the Bible proves your assertion that Jesus is not YHWH.
Psalm 110:1 clearly distinguishes between Yahweh God the Father and Jesus,
Here, you're once again preaching to the Trinitarian choir. It is an essential tenet of Trinitarianism that YHWH the Father is not YHWH the Son/that YHWH the Son is not YHWH the Father. So, again, what "point" are you trying to make? How do you expect to discredit Trinitarianism by affirming Trinitarianism?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Greetings again Apple7, Yahweh, God the Father delivered Israel of Egypt, as He had promised when He revealed His Name. Your long list of verses prove that the OT reveals that there is only One God, Yahweh, the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Psalm 110:1 clearly distinguishes between Yahweh God the Father and Jesus, David's Lord, the Son of God who is now seated at the right hand of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

One of the verses listed by @Apple7 which you obviously did not take any time to consider is Jude 1:5, wherein we read:

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

See the phrase, "the Lord" (ὁ κύριος) there? That's a reference to Jesus. Jesus is the Lord Who saved the people out of the land of Egypt, etc. You know... Jesus, of Whom Paul speaks in 1 Corinthians 8:6:

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

So, what do want to say? That the Father is not the Lord (ὁ κύριος), and that only Jesus is the Lord (ὁ κύριος)?

Jude 1:5 militates even more loudly against your heresy than against that of the Russellites since, unlike them, you assert that Jesus was not even alive during the days of Israel's sojourn in Egypt and their exodus thence; you assert that Jesus began to live, and that no earlier than the time at which Mary became pregnant with Him. Yet, contrary to your Christ-blaspheming heresy, Jude tells us that Jesus—the Lord (ὁ κύριος)—had saved the people out of Egypt some 1,500 years prior to Mary's supernatural pregnancy.