ECT The Word of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I believe Jesus is referred to as the word of God.

Back to creation we have when God spoke all that was created was created at His word. That is, if I can show that God spoke.

Scripture is often referred to as the word of God. This is true of the Bible as well.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe Jesus is referred to as the word of God.

Back to creation we have when God spoke all that was created was created at His word. That is, if I can show that God spoke.

Scripture is often referred to as the word of God. This is true of the Bible as well.

Jesus is the personification of God's word without fail. Jesus is the express image of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the personification of God's word without fail. Jesus is the express image of God.
You have said something similar, using a similar word, in two ways. Have I ever done so? Maybe these two ways? Can we see if they are correct?

One is that the word was God personified. The other is that Jesus is the personification of God's word.

OCTOBER23

Untillectual,

If you don't know what the Word of God is by now , I feel sorry for you.

Read your Bible and do what it says and don't bother us with these silly questions.

vfirestormv

Untillectual,

If you don't know what the Word of God is by now , I feel sorry for you.

Read your Bible and do what it says and don't bother us with these silly questions.

I think he very well knows what the Word of God it, he is just starting threads to provoke thought and maybe even study.

OCTOBER23

vFirestorm,

I know that but I like to Challenge him to see what he's made of.

Let us see what Wisdom he has.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Thessalonians 4:11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,
and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

PureX

Can you accurately say what is the word of God?
"Word", as used in the Bible, is a translation of the ancient Greek term "logos". To the ancient Greeks, the term
"logos" referred to a kind of ideal/divine blueprint that underpins and governs the course and nature of physical reality. To the monotheists of the time, it would have referred to God's plan, or intent, from which everything that exists has come to exist as it does.

When the gospel of John says that the "logos" was made flesh, he is referring to Jesus as the Christ. He is saying that Jesus is the human manifestation of God's plan: that His divine spirit should be revealed to and within us all.

John 1:14 "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 1:17 "For as the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."

Neither the term "word" nor the term "logos" that it was so poorly translated from, is referring to scripture, nor to any human religious doctrines or dogmas.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Neither the term "word" nor the term "logos" that it was so poorly translated from, is referring to scripture...

Are you claiming scripture is not God's word? If so, what is the basis for your claim?

Jesus believed scripture and even said that not a jot or tittle would pass from the law until all is fulfilled.

PureX

Are you claiming scripture is not God's word? If so, what is the basis for your claim?
Everything that exists is an expression of the "logos" (God's divine blueprint). Calling the Bible "God's words" is a deceptive idolization of scripture.
Jesus believed scripture and even said that not a jot or tittle would pass from the law until all is fulfilled.
Jesus was a Jew. So he believed what the Jews of his time, believed. And when he spoke to his fellow Jews, he spoke as a Jew, to a Jew. So of course he affirmed Jewish scripture to them. But Jews then, as now, did not believe that everyone else needed to convert to Judaism, or needed to believe in Jewish religious scriptures or doctrines. And Jesus never once stated or suggested that anyone else must become a Jew, or accept Jewish doctrines or scriptures.

So there is no great need or admonishment for Christians to follow Jewish beliefs, laws, rituals, or scriptures. If you want to be a 'Jewish Christian', that's fine. But it's not a requirement of Christianity. Or of the spirit of Christ, within.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was a Jew.

He is still a Jew, in fact some men from the east brought him gifts and worshiped him as King of the Jews.

And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS. (Mark 15:26)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
vFirestorm,

I know that but I like to Challenge him to see what he's made of.

Let us see what Wisdom he has.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Thessalonians 4:11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business,
and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
God will direct you as you study, if you trust only in Him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"Word", as used in the Bible, is a translation of the ancient Greek term "logos". To the ancient Greeks, the term
"logos" referred to a kind of ideal/divine blueprint that underpins and governs the course and nature of physical reality. To the monotheists of the time, it would have referred to God's plan, or intent, from which everything that exists has come to exist as it does.

When the gospel of John says that the "logos" was made flesh, he is referring to Jesus as the Christ. He is saying that Jesus is the human manifestation of God's plan: that His divine spirit should be revealed to and within us all.

John 1:14 "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 1:17 "For as the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."

Neither the term "word" nor the term "logos" that it was so poorly translated from, is referring to scripture, nor to any human religious doctrines or dogmas.
I believe you may know the Greek term, as least how the word is referred to in English. As for definitions I am not sure that tells us everything we need to know about the word of God. But it can be a good start. Look to what the word means as you study Greek or our English translations.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, Jesus Christ, second Person of Holy Trinity.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us..."
I believe John 1:1, 14 along with the rest of the Bible.

I believe Jesus to be God's Son.

PureX

I believe you may know the Greek term, as least how the word is referred to in English. As for definitions I am not sure that tells us everything we need to know about the word of God. But it can be a good start. Look to what the word means as you study Greek or our English translations.
I find the ancient Greek concept of existence fascinating, and astonishingly close to the scientific conceptions of today.

The ancient Greeks believed that there was a kind of divine ideal, a perfect (therefor divine) conceptual blueprint that controlled the behaviors of all material substances. Trees, mountains, rivers, and all these various physical things that we humans experience are just material 'shadows' or reflections/manifestations of the a perfect (divine) idealization of them that already exists, and that is controlling the way that matter behaves, thus causing these material manifestations that we call reality.

The educated monotheists of the day also believed in this "logos": this divine idealization that underpins, creates, and controls both the Earthly and celestial realms. But they saw it as God's will, or God's plan for themselves - for their own existence. And it was written of in the beginning of Gospel of John, and elaborated on in the gnostic gospels.

To these early Christians, the term "logos" didn't refer to written nor spoken words. It referred to the divine wisdom of their God. A wisdom that has created all things, and that gives all things their purpose.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I find the ancient Greek concept of existence fascinating, and astonishingly close to the scientific conceptions of today.

The ancient Greeks believed that there was a kind of divine ideal, a perfect (therefor divine) conceptual blueprint that controlled the behaviors of all material substances. Trees, mountains, rivers, and all these various physical things that we humans experience are just material 'shadows' or reflections/manifestations of the a perfect (divine) idealization of them that already exists, and that is controlling the way that matter behaves, thus causing these material manifestations that we call reality.

The educated monotheists of the day also believed in this "logos": this divine idealization that underpins, creates, and controls both the Earthly and celestial realms. But they saw it as God's will, or God's plan for themselves - for their own existence. And it was written of in the beginning of Gospel of John, and elaborated on in the gnostic gospels.

To these early Christians, the term "logos" didn't refer to written nor spoken words. It referred to the divine wisdom of their God. A wisdom that has created all things, and that gives all things their purpose.
I actually don't think/believe that is what we find in the book of John.