ECT The whole Tribulation period is the wrath of God

Status
Not open for further replies.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The whole Tribulation period is the wrath of God

Jesus....the original date setter:

(Matt 24:34) Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

(Matt 16:28) Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

(Matt 10:23)...Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

“And as he sat on the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying,

(1) Tell us, when shall these things be?

(2) and what shall be the sign of thy coming,

(3) and of the end of the world?”

3 questions here: (1) when will the temple be destroyed? (2) what will be the sign of your return, and (3) what will be the sign of the end of the age?

(1) context of the first question: “But he answered and said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”
Answer to the first question: A.D. 70

“But when ye see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that her desolation is at hand.”
LUKE

(3) third question: what will be the sign of the end of the age?

Answer to the third question: WWI & WWII

"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there shall be earthquakes in divers places; there shall be famines: these things are the beginning of travail."
MARK

"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there shall be famines and earthquakes in divers places. But all these things are the beginning of travail.”
MATT

"Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there shall be great earthquakes, and in divers places famines and pestilences; and there shall be terrors and great signs from heaven.”
LUKE

(2) second question: and what shall be the sign of thy coming?

Answer to the second question: 3 and 1/2 years after the anti christ desecrates the temple. To the exact day.

“When therefore ye see the abomination of desolation, which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let him that readeth understand),”
**MATT

“But when ye see the abomination of desolation standing where he ought not (let him that readeth understand), then let them that are in Judæa flee unto the mountains:”
**MARK

Selah

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Interplanner

Mt24A is about 1st century Judea. B (v29+) is about the worldwide judgement. There is nothing but confusion caused by mixing these.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mt24A is about 1st century Judea. B (v29+) is about the worldwide judgement. There is nothing but confusion caused by mixing these.

(Matt 24:29) “Immediately after the distress of those days....

"Immediately" doesn't mean 1,900+ years and still counting.

Also:

(Mark 13:24) “But in those days, following that distress,....

The Matt 24:29 parallel verse found in Mark 13 shows very clearly that the events that took place before Mark 13:24 would also take place "in those days".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Also:

The Matt 24:29 parallel verse found in Mark 13 shows very clearly that the events that took place before Mark 13:24 would also take place "in those days".

mythology

whitestone

Luke 21:7 KJV (two questions ask),,, Mark 13:4 KJV (two questions ask),,,Matthew 24:3 KJV (three questions ask)...

In Matthew 24:3 KJV the additional question ask "thy coming",,How if they had not yet seen Jesus "ascend" Acts 1:9 KJV and did not yet understand he would return in a second coming Acts 1:11 KJV ,,,so how could they ask him the third question?(note Matthew is translated from Hebrew to Greek at a later date).

Interplanner

mythology

Mythology is when a tribe says that a salmon walked out of the ocean and married a beautiful human, and that's why a certain salmon keep returning to a certain spot.

What Tet has done has read the passage in the normal grammatical-historical sense.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
so how could they ask him the third question?

Jesus told them the following prior to the Olivet Discourse:

(Matt 16:27-28) For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

Congratulations!!!

You just proved the Transfiguration was NOT what Jesus was referring to in Matt 16:28.

You just showed that after the Transfiguration (in Matt 24:3), the same Disciples who were at the Transfiguration asked Jesus when His coming was going to take place.

You just proved Preterism correct, and Dispensationalism wrong in one fell swoop!!!

Interplanner

It was the resurrection and coming of the Spirit in power, both of which are 'awards' to Christ for his accomplishment and glorification of him, and surge the mission forward.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Revelation ch. 6 teaches that the first part of the Tribulation is as much the wrath of God as the second half. It says,

The entire seven-year period is the wrath of God. All attempts to split the Trib, such as the popular wrath of Satan/wrath of God idea, are flat denials of what the Text plainly says.

The book of Rev. or the NT never mentions 7 years or two periods of 3.5 years.

Daniel 12 mentions only 1335 days of the end.

We need not give a time line for the events leading to the Abomination of desolation, and Mat ch 24 makes it clear the time before the Abom. is far greater that a 3.5 year period, nor is it the wrath of God.

Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

LA

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
:rotfl:

How many people that saw WWI ended up seeing the return of Jesus?

Oh, you want the answer to the second question?

You can't even critique my post because you're so besides yourself on this.

3 questions dude. WWI is the answer to the third question which was?

What will be the sign of the end of the age?

Jesus answers that question with a Hebrew idiom meaning global world war. That means WWI unless He was lying but you aren't insinuating that, it's just that your quotation of AMR 24 just went up in smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

SaulToPaul 2

Also:

Chronology doesn't matter

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hmmm silence

How am I supposed to respond to someone who thinks WWI and WWII were prophesied in the Bible?

You're no different than Hal Lindsay, John Hagee, Jack Van Impe, Harold Camping, Ed Dobson, Tim LaHaye, and Pat Robertson.

Interplanner

Chronology doesn't matter

It matters a lot in futurist eschatology, but as for the passages in question, the judgement of the world was expected unless there was a delay decided by the Father. There was; he did.

What remains valuable about how the Mark passage was stated was that the 1st century was emphatic. The things that have the Judean timing and anecdote to them are 1st century. "During those days..." the worldwide judgement was expected.

What Tet should speak to is not pinpointing the first resurrection etc or trying to make the earth last forever, but where is the judgement day attached to the end of the wrath on Israel?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It matters a lot in futurist eschatology, but as for the passages in question, the judgement of the world was expected unless there was a delay decided by the Father. There was; he did.

Where in the Bible do we find this 2,000 year (and still counting) delay?

Also, what was the reason for this alleged delay?

john w

Hall of Fame
I was referring to the events that took place in 70AD.

You know that, but because you can't defend your Dispensationalism with scripture, you now do the same thing Little Johnny does.

Vs. your anti-Semitism, hater of the Jews, and hater of all dispies, you obsessed psychopath, and Russell, Chrisyt rejector Josephus follower, you little arms wimp, who looks like a weasel?

Get a job, you pathetic loser, and rat. And lift some weights, you prissy looking weakling.

Status
Not open for further replies.