The Wedding of Jesus

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
SabbathMoon! I can't believe you! The commandment to a man about a woman during menstruation was to keep himself away from sex or even touch her. But that was for Jews. You don't have to worry. You are free. And, paraplegic men don't have to get married and still won't be found breaking the commandment because we can use of Pichuach Nephesh an allowance to replace a commandment with another more important. To kill in war for instance or someone who is caught trying to kill another or on self defense.
I never suggested that a male doesn't have to help a female obey the menstrual suggestions. I doesn't matter how someone is a paraplegic; if he can't recover from it fast enough, he shouldn't marry and have bratty bastardly children.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
For Heaven's sake CM, don't demote yourself so openly! If you read the Decalogue, "thou shall and thou shall not" describe the terms as commandments. With that in mind, read Genesis 2:24. I am reading from the Jewish Tanach aka JPS: "Hence a man SHALL leave his father and mother and cling to his wife so that they become one flesh." Behold, a commandment by God Himself so that man must get married. As some of the Jewish Tzadiking say, "Thou shall BE married." It means that a man ought to be always married. Not advisable that a man should live alone.

Sorry, you have again taken the verse out of context. Jesus was not married. There was no reason for Him to be married to complete the law.

Ben Masada

I never suggested that a male doesn't have to help a female obey the menstrual suggestions. I doesn't matter how someone is a paraplegic; if he can't recover from it fast enough, he shouldn't marry and have bratty bastardly children.

I do not understand your post SabathMoon; sorry but it does not make sense to me. I think we should discuss issues pertaining to both of us and not only to the Jews.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
I do not understand your post SabathMoon; sorry but it does not make sense to me. I think we should discuss issues pertaining to both of us and not only to the Jews.
You understood me. No handicap person needs to follow the commandment to multiply. Why do Jews lack consideration for people who shouldn't reproduce?

Ben Masada

You understood me. No handicap person needs to follow the commandment to multiply. Why do Jews lack consideration for people who shouldn't reproduce?

"Who shouldn't reproduce" is not the right way to say but, perhaps could not reproduce. The commandment to get married, grow and multiply is mandatory upon the physically healthy Jews. Even not so healthy because we have an allowance called Pichuach Nephesh which allows a commandment to be replaced by another more important one. For instance, to kill in self defense or during wars. To eat pork when one is about to die of hunger and there is no other food available. I think you have got the idea. But these, SM, are requirements upon Jews. Gentiles, according to Paul are released from the Law at all. (Romans 7:6)

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Sorry, you have again taken the verse out of context. Jesus was not married. There was no reason for Him to be married to complete the law.

Can you show me a statement in the NT that, "Jesus was not married?" because, the opposite, I mean, that he was a married man, I have already provided more than enough evidences. Allow me to provide you with a commandment to be married to complete the Law. Read Genesis 2:24, "Hence a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife, so that they become one flesh." Therefore, Jesus was a married man or he failed
Mat. 5:17-19. What do you say now?

Last edited:

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Can you show me a statement in the NT that, "Jesus was not married?" because, the opposite, I mean, that he was a married man, I have already provided more than enough evidences.
This needs some explanation. It is not wrong for people not to be married. It is a suggestion and a commandment. The commandments are necessary for righteousness, because they are good advice. It is not ignorance which misdoes humans but ego and arrogance.

Ben Masada

This needs some explanation. It is not wrong for people not to be married. It is a suggestion and a commandment. The commandments are necessary for righteousness, because they are good advice. It is not ignorance which misdoes humans but ego and arrogance.

You are speaking to a different environment and about a time 2000 years ago. In Israel in the First Century, something was wrong with a young man to remain single after 20.

Ben Masada

I agree with you but, Jesus was not a paraplegic. Therefore, there was no excuse for him not to be married.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
You are speaking to a different environment and about a time 2000 years ago. In Israel in the First Century, something was wrong with a young man to remain single after 20.
I highly doubt that. More likely it was unlikely for a woman to remain single after the age of 21. It seemed that it was common for women to remain unmarried that long. Often the courtship was started before just before the woman was full grown, and sometimes still a virgin. Most 20 year old men still don't understand how to take care of a woman.

A younger sister should always be an annoyance for an older brother. Fox Mulder being overly concerned about the kidnapping of his little sister is a fictitious fable almost completely unlikely in the real world.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
I agree with you but, Jesus was not a paraplegic. Therefore, there was no excuse for him not to be married.
It was never a requirement, and it would limit what he would need to do. But one of his disciples, a Simon Petra (aka rock), had a child called Markus who wrote his own account of Jesus' life. It is highly unlikely that are any Catholic priests who don't follow the model of their "first pope".

This may sound like cheating. And of course, it is. You do not have to be married to knock up a "nun".