The Wedding of Jesus

beameup

The source of all our understanding of the Tanach is found in the Tanach itself. And do you know where is found the source of understanding of the NT aka the gospel of Paul? In Hellenist Greek Literature. If you need an evidence, read Matthew 1:18.

Not true. Your "esteemed" rabbis of old have "interpreted" the Tanakh for you and compiled it in the Talmud. You are not allowed "private interpretations" on pain of consequences such as death and disease.
Matter of fact, you are now possibly under God's judgment for even reading the New Testament, according to your rabbis. :shocked: :burnlib:

Ben Masada

Not true. Your "esteemed" rabbis of old have "interpreted" the Tanakh for you and compiled it in the Talmud. You are not allowed "private interpretations" on pain of consequences such as death and disease. Matter of fact, you are now possibly under God's judgment for even reading the New Testament, according to your rabbis.

Really! Where did I learn that resurrection does not exist, from the Rabbis? It means you know close to nothing about Jewishness.
Read II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26;14; Job 7:9; etc, and you will find out I learned it from the Tanach.

Ben Masada

I'm not wrong, I know the truth. You are hiding the truth. Religious Jews revere their Talmud.
It was created after the destruction of the Temple as true "Judaism" is based on Moses' Torah
and after 70AD it became impossible to follow Mosaic Judaism. Also all the rabbinical
old-wives-tales about Yeshu are contained in the Talmud.

Oh yes, now I understand. You, as a Christian, are trying to tell me that you know about Judaism better than the Jews. Okay, good luck for you.

Last edited:

beameup

Oh yes, now I understand. You, as a Christian, are trying to tell me that you know about Judaism better than the Jews. Okay, good luck for you.

Job 19:25 - For I know that my redeemer lives,
and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth

Epoisses

Really! Why then did Jesus warn us to listen to Moses aka the Law (and not to Paul?) (Luke 16:29-31)

He told the Jews prior to the cross to listen to Moses. After the cross he says to listen to Paul and Peter and John and throw Moses out. Bye Moses, I'm a Gentile so I never liked you anyway!

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
No, it is not. Read Genesis 2:24.

So you flat out lied when you said you show us where God said His teachers need to be married. Using Genesis they way you are is called quote mining. You are intentionally tacking a specific verse out of context to twist into supporting something that it does not support.

Ben Masada

Job 19:25 - For I know that my redeemer lives,
and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.

"Our Redeemer" here in the book of Job is HaShem Himself. (Isaiah 43:1) He shall stand forever even after the death of Job. But the whole book of Job is an allegory whose theme is the role of Israel as Emmanuel on earth. (Job 42:7-9)

Ben Masada

So you flat out lied when you said you show us where God said His teachers need to be married. Using Genesis they way you are is called quote mining. You are intentionally tacking a specific verse out of context to twist into supporting something that it does not support.

Well, let's see if it does not support. Jesus was a master aka a Rabbi. (John 3:1-3) He said that he had come to fulfill all the commandments of the Law down to the letter. If he did not fulfill the commandments to get married and to cling to his wife as one flesh, he proved himself to be a liar. (Matthew 5:17-19) Is that the memory you wanna have of Jesus? I don't think so. So, after his mikveh done by John the Baptist, and before he started his Ministry, he went to Cana where he got married to Mary Magdalene. It means that before he was ordained a Rabbi he made sure he was married. Any more question?

Ben Masada

He told the Jews prior to the cross to listen to Moses. After the cross he says to listen to Paul and Peter and John and throw Moses out. Bye Moses, I'm a Gentile so I never liked you anyway!

Epoisses, I think I have told you before that I find too hard to take people's word for it. So, please, quote what you say above if you want me to agree with you. Thanks. And don't try to play funny because I read all the quotes.

beameup

"Our Redeemer" here in the book of Job is HaShem Himself. (Isaiah 43:1) He shall stand forever even after the death of Job. But the whole book of Job is an allegory whose theme is the role of Israel as Emmanuel on earth. (Job 42:7-9)

Israel ceased to exist in 70 A.D.
Job was a Gentile that believed in God as his redeemer.
Do you consider Isaiah 53 as an "allegory" for "Israel" (which failed to exist for 2,000 years)?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Well, let's see if it does not support. Jesus was a master aka a Rabbi. (John 3:1-3) He said that he had come to fulfill all the commandments of the Law down to the letter. If he did not fulfill the commandments to get married and to cling to his wife as one flesh, he proved himself to be a liar. (Matthew 5:17-19) Is that the memory you wanna have of Jesus? I don't think so. So, after his mikveh done by John the Baptist, and before he started his Ministry, he went to Cana where he got married to Mary Magdalene. It means that before he was ordained a Rabbi he made sure he was married. Any more question?
There is no commandment in God's law to marry.

Epoisses

Epoisses, I think I have told you before that I find too hard to take people's word for it. So, please, quote what you say above if you want me to agree with you. Thanks. And don't try to play funny because I read all the quotes.

Sorry Ben but your fumbling and bumbling thru the new testament is like Jerry Springer studying to be a Boy Scout leader.

Ben Masada

Israel ceased to exist in 70 A.D.
Job was a Gentile that believed in God as his redeemer.
Do you consider Isaiah 53 as an "allegory" for "Israel" (which failed to exist for 2,000 years)?

Israel ceased to exist in 70 A.D. Job was a Gentile that believed in God as his redeemer. Do you consider Isaiah 53 as an "allegory" for "Israel" (which failed to exist for 2,000 years)?

Since the day Israel fell at the hands of the Assyrians to no longer rise again as we have in Amos 5:2, Judah became known as the new Israel. (Isaiah 48:1)Even to this very day, our Country has become known as Israel, not Judah although Judah aka the Jews reign in Israel. (Ezekiel 37:22)

Israel ceased to exist in 722 ACE when it was conquered by the Assyrians. In 70 ACE was Judah but for only 70 years in Babylon. If you read Psalm 78:67-70, Israel was rejected forever and Judah was confirmed to remain as God's People forever.

As I said before, the book of Job was an allegory, a Jewish novel with the intent to show the role of Israel qua Emmanuel. If you read Isaiah 8:8, you will understand that the author is talking about Judah qua Emanuel, not Israel the Ten Tribes. And Job in the novel was not a Gentile but a Jew. Gentiles were his friends who had come from the East to offer consolation to Job.

Now, as Isaiah 53 is concerned, yes, it is also an allegory aka an analogy about Israel as the Suffering Servant or Messiah Ben Joseph versus Judah the Triumphant Servant or Messiah Ben David.

Ben Masada

Sorry Ben but your fumbling and bumbling thru the new testament is like Jerry Springer studying to be a Boy Scout leader.

Well, not really a fumbling and bumbling because, I quote every thing I say which transfers your words to the NT itself as being a fumbling and bumbling.

Ben Masada

There is no commandment in God's law to marry.

For Heaven's sake CM, don't demote yourself so openly! If you read the Decalogue, "thou shall and thou shall not" describe the terms as commandments. With that in mind, read Genesis 2:24. I am reading from the Jewish Tanach aka JPS: "Hence a man SHALL leave his father and mother and cling to his wife so that they become one flesh." Behold, a commandment by God Himself so that man must get married. As some of the Jewish Tzadiking say, "Thou shall BE married." It means that a man ought to be always married. Not advisable that a man should live alone.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Commandments are suggestions. There are many suggestions in torah about menstruation, but it isn't a sin for a male not to obey them. I would never suggest someone in a wheel chair to get a wife. no pun intended.

Ben Masada, do paraplegics need to get married?

Ben Masada

Commandments are suggestions. There are many suggestions in torah about menstruation, but it isn't a sin for a male not to obey them. I would never suggest someone in a wheel chair to get a wife. no pun intended.

Ben Masada, do paraplegics need to get married?

SabbathMoon! I can't believe you! The commandment to a man about a woman during menstruation was to keep himself away from sex or even touch her. But that was for Jews. You don't have to worry. You are free. And, paraplegic men don't have to get married and still won't be found breaking the commandment because we can use of Pichuach Nephesh an allowance to replace a commandment with another more important. To kill in war for instance or someone who is caught trying to kill another or on self defense.