The Wedding of Jesus

Ben Masada

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Israel was the Father's firstborn son (Exodus 4:22-23).

So who was Israel's husband? (Jeremiah 31:32)

Was Israel's Father Israel's husband? Not legal. Not acceptable. Immoral. Yuck.

:doh:

Jamie, please, review your post above because it does not make sense to me and to many who have read it.

Feral Phoenician

Jamie, please, review your post above because it does not make sense to me and to many who have read it.
The way I read it in Christianity, Jesus is "The Bridegroom", and will be back for his bride (The Church, or Believers). This makes Jesus "The Husband". Jesus, to Christians, is God in the flesh, therefore Jesus could not "marry" his own son (the People Israel, which in Christianity now means Christians).

Jesus cannot "marry" his own child (incest) and could not be married to Mary Magdalene, as this would be an affair against his spiritual bride.

Not trying to start a row, but I understood what Jamie was saying.

Ben Masada

I got to Magdal and then knew it was all bull. Miriam is a very common name, and there were many in New Testament times.
Miriam of Magdal was a prostitute in a fishing-town-fish-market (Magdal, Israel).

Don't ask me how but I do agree with you. Regarding Mary Magdalene in that she used to be a prostitute, even the late Pope Gregory VII used to agree with us. Gregory used to be a Jew; a born Jew. Somehow he converted to Catholicism, applied his wisdom in every thing he did and got to the position of a Pope.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Okay Tambora, now imagine if ALL teachers were unmarried. Life would be unbearable by all parents to trust sending their children to school and still enjoy some peace. There is some sense to make of the profession a law to be married, isn't there? It won't fix the problem but it will help by a lot.

Your response makes no logical sense. It doesn't even make sense as an emotional appeal.

Ben Masada

And that's all you've got is speculations. :carryon:

Well, Truthjourney, not every thing is speculation; though intelligent speculation but, most of it is History as I personally went through a great deal of it. I know that's hard for Christians to accept that kind of reality about Jesus which I wonder because Jesus was not a Christian.

Ben Masada

So the wedding Jesus was at in the Bible was his wedding? I wonder why he needed an invitation to go to it.

Yes, Daniel, it was Jesus' wedding alright. He did not need an invitation as he was the groom but he needed to be called for the Hupah which is that cover over the bride and bridegroom at the moment of the celebration. I was married in Israel and went through the same experience; especially because the bride was the daughter of a very traditional religious family.

"And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage." John 2:1-2

For two reasons Jesus' mother "was there". First because the groom was her son and second because she was doing the job of the mother of the bride who, probably had passed away.

Not to mention, John had the chance to explicitly state that it was Jesus' wedding yet never did. And the Bible never mentions Jesus being married. And your nonsense about Jesus needing to follow customs of ordaining rabbi's is irrelevant, so I didn't read the rest since it's nonsense like everything else you post.

Yes, he would have that chance if he were the one who wrote that gospel. That gospel was attributed to John but written by a Hellenist former disciple of Paul. So, you are implying that Jesus did not follow rules? You err for not knowing your own NT. Read Matthew 5:17-19. Jesus himself declared to had come to fulfill all the laws down to the letter, even down to the dot of the letter. See now how wrong you are to imply that Jesus did not follow rules? You guys never cease amazing me!

Ben Masada

The way I read it in Christianity, Jesus is "The Bridegroom", and will be back for his bride (The Church, or Believers). This makes Jesus "The Husband". Jesus, to Christians, is God in the flesh, therefore Jesus could not "marry" his own son (the People Israel, which in Christianity now means Christians).

Jesus cannot "marry" his own child (incest) and could not be married to Mary Magdalene, as this would be an affair against his spiritual bride.

My difficulty not to accept is based on the fact that the gospel of Paul aka the NT is using a Jew to build the church of Paul aka Christianity which in other words is Replacement Theology. Jesus was a Jew and never became a Christian. Therefore, he cannot be used to build Christianity.

Ben Masada

Good for you Feral, that you understand Jamie. I went back, reread it and still makes no sense to me.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Probably, you have never heard of scandals in schools between teachers and children.

Sure. Many of the teachers involved in those scandals were married. Single or married, it makes no difference.

But you never responded directly to Tambora's statement: Can you show us where God required the Rabbi's to be married in order to be a Rabbi?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Wedding of Jesus

My difficulty not to accept is based on the fact that the gospel of Paul aka the NT is using a Jew to build the church of Paul aka Christianity which in other words is Replacement Theology. Jesus was a Jew and never became a Christian. Therefore, he cannot be used to build Christianity.

Ben, as a Jew, it never made since to me.

The Shema -

Hear, O Israel, the LORD is our God; the LORD is one....

Modern cultural teachings really confuse the Trinity assertion as a Christian passage of salvation or damnation.

However,

Remember,

By Moses it takes two or Three to convict.

Now consider that God testifies of Himself as the Spirit of ALL creation, or Father

The Son of God and the Son of Man. This is the Spiritual Union of the Bride and the Bridegroom that bares the son of the promise.

Genesis 18 becomes a prophecy here.

In that light, who were Abrahams 3 visitors?

Two were angels that went to S and G.

But one says He's going to fulfill a certain promise.

Finally, the Holy Spirit. This is the in dwelling of God and His Counsel when we turn from our flesh and look to God alone in faith.

I'm being a stubborn Goy.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Ben Masada

Sure. Many of the teachers involved in those scandals were married. Single or married, it makes no difference.

But you never responded directly to Tambora's statement: Can you show us where God required the Rabbi's to be married in order to be a Rabbi?

I don't recall right now where that requirement is written in the Tanach but I'll try to provide it for you eventually. However, I did meet a Rabbi-to-be in a Reform Synagogue who had finished the course and was waiting to get married to apply for the position. And, believe it or not, when I was personally debating a Seventh-Day Adventist Pastor-to-be, he was getting ready to marry before being able to apply for a position as a Pastor for which he was not accepted as single man.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I don't recall right now where that requirement is written in the Tanach but I'll try to provide it for you eventually. However, I did meet a Rabbi-to-be in a Reform Synagogue who had finished the course and was waiting to get married to apply for the position. And, believe it or not, when I was personally debating a Seventh-Day Adventist Pastor-to-be, he was getting ready to marry before being able to apply for a position as a Pastor for which he was not accepted as single man.

That's all fine and dandy. And totally worthless. The question to you is to show where GOD required in when He handed down The Law. Men have many strange and worthless traditions they have added to what God said. I just want to know where God said you had to be married to be a teacher.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't see anywhere in scripture where God demands that a teacher had to be married.

Okay Tambora, now imagine if ALL teachers were unmarried. Life would be unbearable by all parents to trust sending their children to school and still enjoy some peace. There is some sense to make of the profession a law to be married, isn't there? It won't fix the problem but it will help by a lot.
Some teachers might be married and some might not be married.
It doesn't have to be either / or.

I still see nowhere in scripture that one must be married in order to be a teacher.

Was David married when he was anointed king?

Ben Masada

Ben, as a Jew, it never made since to me.

The Shema -

Hear, O Israel, the LORD is our God; the LORD is one....

Modern cultural teachings really confuse the Trinity assertion as a Christian passage of salvation or damnation.

However,

Remember,

By Moses it takes two or Three to convict.

Now consider that God testifies of Himself as the Spirit of ALL creation, or Father

The Son of God and the Son of Man. This is the Spiritual Union of the Bride and the Bridegroom that bares the son of the promise.

Genesis 18 becomes a prophecy here.

In that light, who were Abrahams 3 visitors?

Two were angels that went to S and G.

But one says He's going to fulfill a certain promise.

Finally, the Holy Spirit. This is the in dwelling of God and His Counsel when we turn from our flesh and look to God alone in faith.

I'm being a stubborn Goy.

No, that's all right! I just would like to test "The stubborn Goy in you with some Physics about the Shema. As you know, the Shema asserts to the absolute Oneness of God which is against the Trinity:

The Absolute Oneness of God

Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

Ben Masada

There is no biblical evidence to support Paul being married.

Oh my dear , don't waste your time with Paul. He was never married. He didn't like women; he even preached against young men to keep away from women and remain as he was, free of women. He took this teaching to the Synagogue of Antioch and the women got together on a demonstration against them and expelled them from town. Oh! BTW, Paul lived with Barnabas, two Hellenist bachelors. I don't have the NT here with me right now, but I promised to provide you with the proper quotes.

Ben Masada

It's a moot point, death terminates a marriage.

Can you provide a scripture stating that Jesus was not married? No, you can't. Let me tell you something. To get married was a commandment to a Jew. So, no need of scripture to confirm that one had fulfilled that commandment. Rather that he was not married, if he was not, would surely be down on the paper. Then, it is only obvious that the Fathers of the Church would not allow such a quote that Jesus had been a married man.