The way that seems right unto a man, but leads to death, Prov. 14:12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
The way that seems right unto a man is the way of religion. Any way other than salvation by grace through faith is the way that leads to Spiritual death.

Jesus said, "Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way, that leads to destruction and many there be that go that way. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, which leads to life and few there be that find it" Matthew 7:13, 14.

The strait gate is Jesus Christ. The broad way is the way of religion. There was no religion in the early church other than the law, which was Judaism. There was no Calvinism, Catholicism or any kind of organized religion. Religion does not lead one to Christ, religion leads one away from Christ and into themselves, who is a sinner. The Calvinist says, "I have been predestinated". The Catholic says, "I belong to the Catholic church". Jesus said,

"I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father but by me" John 14:6.

Jesus and Jesus alone is the way to eternal life. Not by the way of Calvinism, not by the way of Catholicism or any other religion. Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. Jesus's acceptance into heaven is our acceptance, we are accepted in him. Jesus is the one that fulfilled God's holy law, Matthew 5:18. Jesus is the one that atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Jesus is the one that reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Religion is a denial of the saving work of Christ. Religion is not an indication of faith, it is an indication of the absence of faith.

"Not everyone that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21

The will of the Father is that you trust in his Son Jesus Christ alone, for your salvation.

"Many will say to me in that day (judgment day) Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works" Matthew 7:22

This is the crux of religion. They were trusting in what they were and in what they had done. It was all about them and their religion.

"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

They were following the way that seems right unto a man, but the end was the way of death, Proverbs 14:12.

john w

Hall of Fame
Another duplicate thread. What is it with you, Pate? Are you that starved for attention? Rhetorical q. You have no legitimate reason for this thread-same topic on the other dozens of your duplicate threads. Your act is tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.