The Walking Dead Appreciation Society

Arthur Brain

For those who follow a deservedly recognized series with plaudits galore, from Rick Grimes' atrocious beard to Darryl's crossbow running out of arrows etc...

Fave characters? Moments? Reasons why it stands out in the 'zombie' genre?

The floor is open to critics as well as fans so shuffle away...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Walking Dead:

They move to a location

Then

They move to another location

*oh snap, zombies*

Then

To the next location

*water bottle*

Next location

:plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For those who follow a deservedly recognized series with plaudits galore, from Rick Grimes' atrocious beard to Darryl's crossbow running out of arrows etc...

Fave characters? Moments? Reasons why it stands out in the 'zombie' genre?

The floor is open to critics as well as fans so shuffle away...

Well, I just wanted to start off by saying ............................
zombismiley.gif

Now that that's out of the way ...

Fave Characters: Andrea, Daryl, Michonne, Carol, Tyreese, Rick and Glen

Fave Moments: Lori, Shane and The Governor's deaths. Rick reuniting with baby Judith. Tyreese forgiving Carol.

It's stands out because it's unique insofar as being the first significant series about zombies ... and the fact that a series about zombies is one of the biggest hits on television.

Arthur Brain

The Walking Dead:

They move to a location

Then

They move to another location

*oh snap, zombies*

Then

To the next location

*water bottle*

Next location

:plain:

Hey, when I said the floor was open to critics I was referring to those with some sort of intelligent commentary to offer. Not only have you neglected the blatantly obvious metaphorical aspects of the series - the satirical expose of society itself no less - you bring up bottles of water?

Okay, Volvic would be in short supply after a while I suppose...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Eh, all she did was make crap decisions and abuse Dale before he got bit. She may as well have let herself get blown up in the facility at the end of series one frankly...

:p

Pfffftttt ... she made one bad decision. So she shot Daryl. It was an accident ... and she apologized! That's what he gets for allowing himself to be covered in zombie guts. :plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, when I said the floor was open to critics I was referring to those with some sort of intelligent commentary to offer. Not only have you neglected the blatantly obvious metaphorical aspects of the series - the satirical expose of society itself no less - you bring up bottles of water?

Speaking of water ... remember the episode with the well zombie?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hey, when I said the floor was open to critics I was referring to those with some sort of intelligent commentary to offer.
I'd call you an elitist if I was surer of the spelling. . . :noid:

Not only have you neglected the blatantly obvious metaphorical aspects of the series - the satirical expose of society itself no less - you bring up bottles of water?
A perfect metaphor for tasteless consumerism.

And what? They'd be forced to drink unnatural spring water? :think: