The Wages of Sin is DEATH

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Perhaps I misunderstood you.

Understandable.

Being able to understand or not is done by the soul or mind, the I am of us.

A non human tangible object such as a robot does not have that, man cannot create a living soul, an I am, apart from himself.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
So then those no body's would be those not of the body?

:think:

Or maybe better said little spirit, much flesh body influenced thinking, which is the third part.

Body being the weak link in spirit, soul, body.

However it is strongest without intervention by Father, first a little then more and more.

The flesh being enemy has advantage for a time as we don't have a set time in becoming established.

We are only told due time.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
He became it in the sense of being made the scapegoat, with every inner quality, characteristic, and dysfunctional activity OF the sin condition of all mankind for all ages placed upon Him to suffer outside the gate.
OK.

It's the only way faith includes repentance of sin (singular articular). The condition as our state of being. The void that is in the nature of our core being and in our members as that which brings forth that inward deficiency into action that is neither the inner character nor the outer conduct of God's righteous standard for both.
Why does faith and repentance depend on Jesus being a scapegoat?

Also, can you check out post 355?

:e4e:

KingdomRose

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23.

God commanded Adam not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and then he gave him a warning. "For in the day that you eat of it you will most surely die" Genesis 2:17. When Adam and Eve ate of the tree they both died spiritually. God withdrew his Spirit from them and they both died spiritually. Spiritual death is eternal separation from God. We are all born spiritually dead and separated from God. This is why we need to be born again, 1 Peter 1:23.

Sin is the transgression of God's Holy Law. Paul makes it clear, "That all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23. Paul said that the whole world is guilty because of sin.

"Now we know that whatever the laws says, it says to them that are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped and all of the world may become guilty before God" Romans 3:19.

The whole world is guilty of sin. This is why Jesus had to atone for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Because Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, it is now possible for anyone, everyone, whosoever, to be saved by doing nothing more than calling on the name of the Lord, Romans 10:13. This is the gift of God. Salvation is not by being predestinated or by joining the Catholic church. Salvation is by the doing and the dying of Jesus Christ. "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. The Lord is waiting to hear from you.

I wouldn't say that humans are born "spiritually dead." That's taking it a bit too far. Even before many of us are informed about Jesus, we might gain a measure of spiritual sophisticatedness, discerning even, somehow, that we would like to know more about the God of the Bible. I wouldn't call that spiritually "dead." I think a more appropriate term might be "spiritually ignorant."

Not all of mankind need to be "born again." Only those whom God has called to reign with Jesus during his Thousand-Year Rule. They need the Spirit to anoint them in a special way, so that someday they will all be changed and obtain a spirit body to be able to live in another realm, the spirit realm.

The Bible teaches that the earth will be the home of humans forever. Most of us will enjoy the peace and happiness of this beautiful planet in paradise conditions....eternally. (See Psalm 37:9-11,29; Isaiah 45:18; Isaiah 11:1-9; Micah 4:4.)

We are all in a condemned state because of Adam's disobedience, this is true. That is why Jesus took the place of each of us when he died. Because of him we can take up where Adam left off, if you will. If Adam hadn't disobeyed, he would still be here. If he was supposed to go to heaven, at what point would he have gone? NEVER. He'd be on this earth forever, as you would see if you looked up those scriptures I cited.

There is a bit more to being saved than merely "calling on the name of the Lord." God's giving of His Son is truly a GIFT, but we have to do something with that gift. We can be saved, but we must actively respond to the gift, doing what it implies we are to do. We ACCEPT that gift, knowing that we can't do anything to earn life outside of Jesus' sacrifice.

Then we stay on the road leading to life, not swerving off, by following in Jesus' steps.

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad [EASY] that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow [not so easy] that leads to life, and there are FEW who find it." (Matthew 7:13,14, NASB) Jesus then said that there would be many claiming to be his followers, but they would not be doing the will of his Father. (Matt.7:21)

"For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in his steps." (I Peter 2:21, NASB)

Jesus also gave us another point to realize: "It is the one who has endured to the end that will be saved." (Matthew 24:13)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I wouldn't say that humans are born "spiritually dead." That's taking it a bit too far. Even before many of us are informed about Jesus, we might gain a measure of spiritual sophisticatedness, discerning even, somehow, that we would like to know more about the God of the Bible. I wouldn't call that spiritually "dead." I think a more appropriate term might be "spiritually ignorant."

Not all of mankind need to be "born again." Only those whom God has called to reign with Jesus during his Thousand-Year Rule. They need the Spirit to anoint them in a special way, so that someday they will all be changed and obtain a spirit body to be able to live in another realm, the spirit realm.

The Bible teaches that the earth will be the home of humans forever. Most of us will enjoy the peace and happiness of this beautiful planet in paradise conditions....eternally. (See Psalm 37:9-11,29; Isaiah 45:18; Isaiah 11:1-9; Micah 4:4.)

We are all in a condemned state because of Adam's disobedience, this is true. That is why Jesus took the place of each of us when he died. Because of him we can take up where Adam left off, if you will. If Adam hadn't disobeyed, he would still be here. If he was supposed to go to heaven, at what point would he have gone? NEVER. He'd be on this earth forever, as you would see if you looked up those scriptures I cited.

There is a bit more to being saved than merely "calling on the name of the Lord." God's giving of His Son is truly a GIFT, but we have to do something with that gift. We can be saved, but we must actively respond to the gift, doing what it implies we are to do. We ACCEPT that gift, knowing that we can't do anything to earn life outside of Jesus' sacrifice.

Then we stay on the road leading to life, not swerving off, by following in Jesus' steps.

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad [EASY] that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow [not so easy] that leads to life, and there are FEW who find it." (Matthew 7:13,14, NASB) Jesus then said that there would be many claiming to be his followers, but they would not be doing the will of his Father. (Matt.7:21)

"For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in his steps." (I Peter 2:21, NASB)

Jesus also gave us another point to realize: "It is the one who has endured to the end that will be saved." (Matthew 24:13)
Jesus is God

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
It becomes futile to attempt a conversation with all the drive-by banter from those who presumably are just padding their post count and trolling to demean others. Pardon my delay in responding, but it's too tedious to stay engaged sincerely on TOL with all the inane cross-talk.

Thanks for explaining. I think I'm still having trouble understanding the different ways you're using it though.
What's the difference between articular sin and anarthrous sin?

Articular is "particular", as in "this/that" as an emphatic and exclusive "the" that includes the "-ness" of the category of whatever the noun is as a thing/person/place.

"The" table is not just a contrast to "a" table, as it is in English. It marks the object as the only "table" in view. It's as though no other tables exist, and the table being referenced is the -ness of all tables in a particular reference. It's not one table among many. It's THIS table in a very specific manner that has an included perceptive depth rather merely a shallow reference to one over others. Practically speaking, there are no other tables unless another particular table is included.

Anarthrous refers to qualitative characteristics and/or functional activity of the table. It's size, shape, type, etc.; and its functional purpose/s. A table that is holding up a lamp or other objects may be referred to relative to its fulfilling its latent function as one of its qualities or characteristics. But that "holding up" the lamp is not acting or action as a verb. It's a reference to an aspect of the noun's functional purpose by design and category, and distinguished from chairs or chests or beds or shelves, etc.

The articular is its specific table-ness, differing from other objects. The anarthrous is highlighting one (singular) or more (plural) qualitative aspects OF THAT table.

Also, I was reading further on and saw this.

Do you think God takes that initial action (monergism) with everyone?

This question is from the autocentric presumption of Modernism and English vague ties. God's Monergism is toward mankind rather than individuals in this sense.

God's provision for salvation is not the equivalent of personalized tickets on a cruise ship with limited accommodations for only those who have been chosen as ticket holders. It's more like a ship is in port awaiting boarding, and all who hear the boarding call may get on board.

It's also not a ship in port that is available to whomever presumes they can get aboard how and when they choose if there has been no boarding announcement.

Creation was originally the Monergistic work of God by His Word and the Breath of His mouth. In the full functionality of that original creation, man had total Synergism with God until he forfeited it.

The new creation of the redemption of man in Christ is also the Monergistic work of God. And that is once again to impute the righteousness necessary to have Synergism with God again.

The work was done for all mankind by God. And once any individual receives granted repentance, they have a restored Synergism because of God's Monergistic work through Christ. All faith, grace, repentance, and love come from Him; freely given to us. Synergism is not something man is capable of until resurrected from within.

What do you think allowed Adam to sin?

Spiritual death (Thanatos), which is the cessation of constant communion with God as spiritual life (Zoe). This takes some delineation.

What is the difference between Adam prior to the fall and us?

We (Believers) are resurrected from within to new (spiritual) life; translated into Christ (our hypostasis into His). Our outer man reckoned dead by faith (with sin in its nature and in its members) as crucified with Christ; our inner man resurrected and ascended with Christ, as we are seated in heavenly places, having put on His prosopon (outer man) as our robe of righteous. He took our robe of flesh upon Him in exchange.

This is hours of ontological teaching, which ultimately shows the simplicity of this truth and the complexity of the lies that man has presumed are the simplicity.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It becomes futile to attempt a conversation with all the drive-by banter from those who presumably are just padding their post count and trolling to demean others. Pardon my delay in responding, but it's too tedious to stay engaged sincerely on TOL with all the inane cross-talk.
No worries. :e4e:

Articular is "particular", as in "this/that" as an emphatic and exclusive "the" that includes the "-ness" of the category of whatever the noun is as a thing/person/place.

"The" table is not just a contrast to "a" table, as it is in English. It marks the object as the only "table" in view. It's as though no other tables exist, and the table being referenced is the -ness of all tables in a particular reference. It's not one table among many. It's THIS table in a very specific manner that has an included perceptive depth rather merely a shallow reference to one over others. Practically speaking, there are no other tables unless another particular table is included.

Anarthrous refers to qualitative characteristics and/or functional activity of the table. It's size, shape, type, etc.; and its functional purpose/s. A table that is holding up a lamp or other objects may be referred to relative to its fulfilling its latent function as one of its qualities or characteristics. But that "holding up" the lamp is not acting or action as a verb. It's a reference to an aspect of the noun's functional purpose by design and category, and distinguished from chairs or chests or beds or shelves, etc.

The articular is its specific table-ness, differing from other objects. The anarthrous is highlighting one (singular) or more (plural) qualitative aspects OF THAT table.
Thanks. I'm going to have to read this a couple times I think.

This question is from the autocentric presumption of Modernism and English vague ties. God's Monergism is toward mankind rather than individuals in this sense.

God's provision for salvation is not the equivalent of personalized tickets on a cruise ship with limited accommodations for only those who have been chosen as ticket holders. It's more like a ship is in port awaiting boarding, and all who hear the boarding call may get on board.

It's also not a ship in port that is available to whomever presumes they can get aboard how and when they choose if there has been no boarding announcement.

Creation was originally the Monergistic work of God by His Word and the Breath of His mouth. In the full functionality of that original creation, man had total Synergism with God until he forfeited it.

The new creation of the redemption of man in Christ is also the Monergistic work of God. And that is once again to impute the righteousness necessary to have Synergism with God again.

The work was done for all mankind by God. And once any individual receives granted repentance, they have a restored Synergism because of God's Monergistic work through Christ. All faith, grace, repentance, and love come from Him; freely given to us. Synergism is not something man is capable of until resurrected from within.
How does one receive granted repentance? Based on what you said above, that is available to all?

Spiritual death (Thanatos), which is the cessation of constant communion with God as spiritual life (Zoe). This takes some delineation.
Was Adam created with spiritual death? If not, what caused it in Adam?

We (Believers) are resurrected from within to new (spiritual) life; translated into Christ (our hypostasis into His). Our outer man reckoned dead by faith (with sin in its nature and in its members) as crucified with Christ; our inner man resurrected and ascended with Christ, as we are seated in heavenly places, having put on His prosopon (outer man) as our robe of righteous. He took our robe of flesh upon Him in exchange.

This is hours of ontological teaching, which ultimately shows the simplicity of this truth and the complexity of the lies that man has presumed are the simplicity.
Sorry, by 'us' I didn't mean believers. I meant humanity in general as they are born. What's the difference between Adam prior to the fall and an unbeliever?

Robert Pate

Banned
No worries. :e4e:

Thanks. I'm going to have to read this a couple times I think.

How does one receive granted repentance? Based on what you said above, that is available to all?

Was Adam created with spiritual death? If not, what caused it in Adam?

Sorry, by 'us' I didn't mean believers. I meant humanity in general as they are born. What's the difference between Adam prior to the fall and an unbeliever?

Adam was created as innocent. He was not created to sin, nor was he created as a sinner. He sinned and BECAME a sinner. An unbeliever is born after Adam, Romans 5:12, he is a sinner, Psalm 51:5.