THE UNANSWERED QUESTION.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Meshak opened a thread entitled; "Gentle spirited Christians" and immediately closed it when she didn't get her expected answers.(What else is new?) I was in the process of asking her a very poignant question if I don't say myself. The question was; "I had an Aunt and Uncle when I was a kid, and they were the most gentle, unassuming, and wonderful people you could possibly want to run into. They were married for probably 65 years or so and they seem to never fight with each other, never cussed, got angry, had any vices, always thought the best of others, etc. Yet, after all that, they appeared to have absolutely NO interest in the Gospel and even just "smiled it off." How do you explain them to us? Were they just "Anomalies" in your way of thinking? I realize you won't answer my questions, I think because you're too "gentle" to answer reasonable questions."

Let's see if she'll answer it here? However, I highly doubt she will.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Meshak opened a thread entitled; "Gentle spirited Christians" and immediately closed it when she didn't get her expected answers.(What else is new?) I was in the process of asking her a very poignant question if I don't say myself. The question was; "I had an Aunt and Uncle when I was a kid, and they were the most gentle, unassuming, and wonderful people you could possibly want to run into. They were married for probably 65 years or so and they seem to never fight with each other, never cussed, got angry, had any vices, always thought the best of others, etc. Yet, after all that, they appeared to have absolutely NO interest in the Gospel and even just "smiled it off." How do you explain them to us? Were they just "Anomalies" in your way of thinking? I realize you won't answer my questions, I think because you're too "gentle" to answer reasonable questions."

No she won't. She tries to be a teacher of the law. I wish I knew the answer about your aunt and uncle. I don't know why some people have no interest or "block out" anything said about God and His word. Good, nice, loving, caring, intelligent people refuse to hear. Then many hear what they want and desire to teach others their vain janglings. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No she won't. She tries to be a teacher of the law. I wish I knew the answer about your aunt and uncle. I don't know why some people have no interest or "block out" anything said about God and His word. Good, nice, loving, caring, intelligent people refuse to hear. Then many hear what they want and desire to teach others their vain janglings. :chuckle:

Meshak only accepts the four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.) and pretty much ignores the rest of the Old and New Testament. I suppose she doesn't have a desire to OVERLOAD her already "limited" ability to learn.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
hello there.

I try to be gentle Christian. I strive not to get into bickering match.

I hope that helps.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Its obvious God didn't love your ant and uncle. If He didn't test them or chastise them. I do feel sorry for people like your ant and uncle. They will never have a chance. It sounds like they are condemned from the start.

[Heb 12:5-8

5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives."
7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

glorydaz

Meshak aside, I have another thought about your aunt and uncle....there are people who have a deep faith in God but don't talk about it. My grandma and grandpa were like that. When grandpa reached the end of his life, I went to visit him in the hospital. He was staring off into space and flicking the TV around and around from channel to channel. I had very recently been saved, but I had to know what grandpa would say. I asked Him if he knew Jesus, and he stopped flicking the tv, and turned to look me full in the face. With complete clarity he said, "I always have." And I believed him. He then went back to not knowing we were even in the room and continued flicking the tv. He had shown real love all his life...unselfish love and a total lack of pride. Those who are merely moral always have PRIDE in their morality.

glorydaz

I said
Its obvious God didn't love your ant and uncle. If He didn't test them or chastise them. I do feel sorry for people like your ant and uncle. They will never have a chance. It sounds like they are condemned from the start.

[Heb 12:5-8

5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives."
7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

What an ignorant thing to say.

How do you know they had never been tested or chastened?

You're a lunatic. :down:

jsanford108

Meshak only accepts the four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.) and pretty much ignores the rest of the Old and New Testament. I suppose she doesn't have a desire to OVERLOAD her already "limited" ability to learn.
You are far too generous; from my experience, Meshak doesn't even accept all of the Gospels. I have quoted words of Christ to her, and been told I was wrong.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What an ignorant thing to say.

How do you know they had never been tested or chastened?

You're a lunatic. :down:

I said
He asked someone to explain his ant and uncle to him. Here is what he said

They were married for probably 65 years or so and they seem to never fight with each other, never cussed, got angry, had any vices, always thought the best of others, etc. Yet, after all that, they appeared to have absolutely NO interest in the Gospel and even just "smiled it off."

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I said

They were married for probably 65 years or so and they seem to never fight with each other, never cussed, got angry, had any vices, always thought the best of others, etc. Yet, after all that, they appeared to have absolutely NO interest in the Gospel and even just "smiled it off."

Hi squeaky,

It is so nice to hear someone who can talk with mild manner in this site. It is very rare here.

But you know very well that Jesus says we know them by their fruit. It seems to me those couple knew how to treat others with respect and love.

Gospel is all about Jesus' teachings. And love God and love your neighbor as yourself is the core of His teachings.

So I know Jesus will approve of those who treat others with love and respect even though they don't know about Jesus.

You know Jesus looks into our heart and He does not approve of lip servers. That's why He says we know them by their fruit.

just my two cents.

glorydaz

I said

So? Maybe they didn't want to talk religion with family members. You claimed they were not being chastened and that was supposed to prove they weren't saved? Perhaps they were at peace with their own beliefs and handled all their trials....growing in patience.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Meshak aside, I have another thought about your aunt and uncle....there are people who have a deep faith in God but don't talk about it. My grandma and grandpa were like that. When grandpa reached the end of his life, I went to visit him in the hospital. He was staring off into space and flicking the TV around and around from channel to channel. I had very recently been saved, but I had to know what grandpa would say. I asked Him if he knew Jesus, and he stopped flicking the tv, and turned to look me full in the face. With complete clarity he said, "I always have." And I believed him. He then went back to not knowing we were even in the room and continued flicking the tv. He had shown real love all his life...unselfish love and a total lack of pride. Those who are merely moral always have PRIDE in their morality.
Yes, my grandpa was a strong quiet man, very giving but he had no money. My mom always thought he probably didn't believe in Jesus Christ until the funeral. My aunt (her sister who just passed) told my mom that she asked dad if he believed and he told her yes. My mom was so happy, we all were. He never talked a word about God and didn't go to church unless he was playing the trombone.

glorydaz

Yes, my grandpa was a strong quiet man, very giving but he had no money. My mom always thought he probably didn't believe in Jesus Christ until the funeral. My aunt (her sister who just passed) told my mom that she asked dad if he believed and he told her yes. My mom was so happy, we all were. He never talked a word about God and didn't go to church unless he was playing the trombone.

Let's face it, people were less gabby back then than they are these days. A person's faith was lived out rather than talked about.

We come here to discuss the word of God, but most of us aren't street preachers. We wait for the Lord to open the door....rather than knock on every door like the JW's do. Going before the Lord is never a good thing.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yet, after all that, they appeared to have absolutely NO interest in the Gospel and even just "smiled it off." How do you explain them to us?

So? Maybe they didn't want to talk religion with family members. You claimed they were not being chastened and that was supposed to prove they weren't saved? Perhaps they were at peace with their own beliefs and handled all their trials....growing in patience.

I said
You really do lean on that "maybe" stuff. Look at what he said again. Jesus is real clear. Real Christianity is NOT hidden.