ECT The Ultimate Condemnation of Believers Who Continue to Sin

Danoh

Jesus was made like his brethren in every respect. (Hebrews 2:17-18)

Jesus was tempted like we are, God is never tempted.

So how was Jesus able to overcome his temptations?

Quit tempting others with your baiting questions...

Instead; start out with immediately sharing your answer along with your question.

So that all can immediately proceed to point out your many errors to no avail once more, but at least save us all some run around; including you :chuckle:

ZacharyB

If God had wanted Romans 6 summed up in 2 Sentences, I'm pretty sure He would have had it written that way.
IMO, those who cannot summarize a Bible chapter effectively,
do not clearly understand what it is saying ... and instead
they choose to confuse people with endless unnecessary words!

I have no interest in your long commentaries, and am not reading them.

Danoh

B for befuddled and bewildered :chuckle:

ZacharyB

What enabled Jesus to be perfect?
Jesus did not have our sin nature,
and He was perfectly obedient to
what the Father called Him to do.

It's really all about obedience.

Some under God's old covenant were very
obedient (even though having our sin nature),
and thus God declared them righteous.
These are in heaven now, or will be.

From a prophet recently:
“I am done with the lukewarm church. She beautifies herself like lipstick on a pig. She is better off drawing a steaming hot bath and scrubbing off the impurities that cling to her. She has become ugly to me. She is no bride. She has become a laughingstock. I will cleanse her once again from her iniquity so that what is left has been cleansed and made ready for the day I give her to My son, her groom for all eternity. He will have the bride that He deserves and nothing less.
All else will burn in the lake of fire
.”

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Love does not Judge! Love does not condemn!
God will judge (1 Pe 1:17, 2:23). Does that make him unloving? :dizzy: God will condemn men to hell (Matt. 25:46). Does that make him unjust? :hammer:

...By simply believing in the unconditional Love of God, we are changed from selfish, hateful people to Loving people that become extensions of God's Love to all...
:listen: Some people aren't interested in God's love, Pollyanna (Re 22:11). Each man gets a choice to accept him or reject him.

God doesn't need us. We need him.

If you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God (Ro 8:13–14).

ZacharyB

If you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God (Ro 8:13–14).
Yes, it's all about this.
Be obedient by following the Holy Spirit, who hopefully is within you.
Be obedient ... and repent of your sins ... which soon will disappear.
Continual sincere repentance allows one to overcome his/her sins.
Be an overcomer, like Jesus was an overcomer (Revelation 3:21).

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Ultimate Condemnation of Believers Who Continue to Sin

Jesus was made like his brethren in every respect. (Hebrews 2:17-18)

Jesus was tempted like we are, God is never tempted.

So how was Jesus able to overcome his temptations?

Jamie,

Those temptations were on a universal scale.

Jesus overcame through the Father.

We overcome through Jesus's overcoming. We do not become incorruptible while alive in this kingdom of Dust.

1st Corinthians 15 is my proof.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
God will judge (1 Pe 1:17, 2:23). Does that make him unloving? :dizzy: God will condemn men to hell (Matt. 25:46). Does that make him unjust? :hammer:

:listen: Some people aren't interested in God's love, Pollyanna (Re 22:11). Each man gets a choice to accept him or reject him.

God doesn't need us. We need him.

Serpy,

You know that the Father and Son would rather die, than spend eternity without any of us, ever to live.

God is Love!

That is the opposite of the Devil, who hates, judges and condemns.

People will be condemned by qualities of Judgment, Hate, Condemnation and claims of equality with God.

We have been warned.

We are only free by Jesus as our propitiation.

pro·pi·ti·a·tion
prəˌpiSHēˈāSHən/
noun
the action of propitiating or appeasing a god, spirit, or person.

Jesus is our perpetual offering that pleases God, not our deeds.

Man leans towards scratching to pass their flesh off as sinless out of pride.

Show me a temple of Dust, other than Jesus, that professes to not sin and I will show you a person that sins by lying.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
It is very easy to claim that everyone except you
reads/teaches the Bible carnally, isn't it?
Wouldn't it be a good idea to prove it?
How about a 2-sentence summary of Romans 6 for our edification?

Many speak as I do.

Why must I do so with another scripture, when you don't see what I have said about the very one you just posted?

I will do this one thing for you, and you will turn and rend me, but I will speak here once more.

I have tested your Spirit.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Jamie,

Those temptations were on a universal scale.

Jesus overcame through the Father.

We overcome through Jesus's overcoming. We do not become incorruptible while alive in this kingdom of Dust.

1st Corinthians 15 is my proof.

Yes, Jesus overcame his temptations by the power of the Holy Spirit and we are expected to do the same. (Hebrews 9:14)

Let us go on to perfection... (Hebrews 6:1)

Jamie,

You twisted my words by partially quoting.

If you boldly twist my words, perhaps you should read 1 Corinthians 15 all the way through and come back on this matter.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Yes, Jesus overcame his temptations by the power of the Holy Spirit and we are expected to do the same. (Hebrews 9:14)

Let us go on to perfection... (Hebrews 6:1)

Jamie,

Trying to be perfect as Jesus was perfect, in these corrupt and corruptible bodies, is like rolling a turd in chocolate. [emoji85][emoji33][emoji23][emoji90][emoji88]

On the initial licking of the outside, things may taste sweet, but once a person takes a bite, they'll instantly know the truth. [emoji32][emoji90] : puke :

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Jamie,

Trying to be perfect as Jesus was perfect, in these corrupt and corruptible bodies, is like rolling a turd in chocolate. [emoji85][emoji33][emoji23][emoji90][emoji88]

On the initial licking of the outside, things may taste sweet, but once a person takes a bite, they'll instantly know the truth. [emoji32][emoji90] : puke :

Perfection......

Psalms 18:32
It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

Phillipians 3

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:15
Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Luke 11:13
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Trying to be perfect as Jesus was perfect, in these corrupt and corruptible bodies...

Jesus had a corruptible body like us and even died. He was showing us if he could do it anyone can do it.

God has the power to create the universe and he certainly has the power to help us overcome our temptation to sin.

You are simply selling short the power of God. The ecclesia is called out of sin.

In Revelation 2 & 3 Jesus gives us encouragement to overcome. We just need to do it. So do it. You can.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Perfection......

Psalms 18:32
It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

Phillipians 3

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:15
Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Luke 11:13
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Excellent scriptures. Are we to say that we become sinless like Jesus before death, or His return?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Five of the ten virgins were wise, five were foolish.

While the foolish went out to buy oil the bridegroom came and the door was shut.

Does not Jesus tell us to claim His righteousness alone, while many foolishly buy self righteousness from human vendors of religion?