The two witnesses are not two people.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The two witnesses are not two people.

The two witnesses of Rev.ch 11 are two anointings.

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Zec 4:2 And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:
Zec 4:3 And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.
Zec 4:4 So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
Zec 4:5 Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Zec 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
that makes sense, LA.

Sure does--

The two anointings are---

Act 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,

Act 4:30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.

1. The anointing of Gods Word, represented by the angel Gabriel.

2. The anointing of Gods power, represented by the angel Michael.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
that makes sense, LA.

No it doesn't. Why would angels die?

"When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them." (Revelation 11:7)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No it doesn't. Why would angels die?

"When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them." (Revelation 11:7)

It just means the anointed men do die.

LA

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear LA,

Are you saying that the two witnesses are two men, anointed by both God's Word and God's Power, or are you trying to say that there are MORE than two men?

Michael

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear LA,

Are you saying that the two witnesses are two men, anointed by both God's Word and God's Power, or are you trying to say that there are MORE than two men?

Michael

Although Rev.ch 11 says they are two prophets, it does not mean only two men.

In the early church, the two anointings were in and upon many men--

Act 4:24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:
Act 4:25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?
Act 4:26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
Act 4:27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
Act 4:28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.
Act 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
Act 4:30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.

Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Whoever decided that the last verses of Rev.ch 10 should not be the beginng verses of Rev.ch 11, did everyone a disservice.

Rev 10:8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
Rev 10:9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
Rev 10:10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
Rev 10:11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Rev 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. (the one and only resurrection of the saints)

as per mentioned after the same witness of Rev.ch 14 also--

Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
Rev 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
Rev 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
Rev 14:16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

which is--

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

LA

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear LA,

It keeps saying two witnesses, two prophets in Rev. 11. From the Lord, I KNOW that Rev. 11 is two men. Rev. 14 and 1Thes. 14:16 are instances of the ELECT {those dead in Christ} getting raised up. I think they are two different instances, LA. We just see two different interpretations. It's okay.

To An Wonderful Man Of God,

Michael

WatchmanOnTheWall

Revelation 11:11
But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their FEET, and terror struck those who saw them.

One of them will be the prophet Elijah:

Malachi 4:5
"See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Revelation 11:11
But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their FEET, and terror struck those who saw them.

One of them will be the prophet Elijah:

Malachi 4:5
"See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.

Dear WatchmanOnTheWall,

You are right! The spirit of Elijah shall be in one man. But I want to also remind you that Jesus also said, 'Behold, Elias has come already, but they did not know him. And they realized He spoke to them about John the Baptist.' Words to that effect. There could well be a distinction between Elijah and Elias, I cannot say. Either way, it has been and will be done. Real good to hear from you!!

To God Be The Glory & Love, And Upon Him, All The Thoughts Of Men {And Women, Of Course},

Michael

Last edited:

WatchmanOnTheWall

Dear WatchmanOnTheWall,

You are right! The spirit of Elijah shall be in one man. But I want to also remind you that Jesus also said, 'Behold, Elias has come already, but they did not know him. And they realized He spoke to them about John the Baptist.' Words to that effect. There could well be a distinction between Elijah and Elias, I cannot say. Either way, it has been and will be done. Real good to hear from you!!

To God Be The Glory & Love, And Upon Him, All The Thoughts Of Men {And Women, Of Course},

Michael

Elias is the transliteration of Elijah (they are one and the same):

Transliteration: Elias
Phonetic Spelling: (hay-lee'-as)
Short Definition: Elijah

2243 [e]
Ēlias
Ἠλίας*
Elijah
N-NMS

http://biblehub.com/interlinear/matthew/17-11.htm

http://biblehub.com/greek/2243.htm

Elijah is here on Earth already and is awaiting the beginning of the 7 year tribulation when he will begin his ministry.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear LA,

It keeps saying two witnesses, two prophets in Rev. 11. From the Lord, I KNOW that Rev. 11 is two men. Rev. 14 and 1Thes. 14:16 are instances of the ELECT {those dead in Christ} getting raised up. I think they are two different instances, LA. We just see two different interpretations. It's okay.

To An Wonderful Man Of God,

Michael

There is only one instance of the resurrection of all saints--

1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

LA

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Elias is the transliteration of Elijah (they are one and the same):

Transliteration: Elias
Phonetic Spelling: (hay-lee'-as)
Short Definition: Elijah

2243 [e]
Ēlias
Ἠλίας*
Elijah
N-NMS

http://biblehub.com/interlinear/matthew/17-11.htm

http://biblehub.com/greek/2243.htm

Elijah is here on Earth already and is awaiting the beginning of the 7 year tribulation when he will begin his ministry.

Dear Watchman,

I was confusing Elias with Elisha. Now I understand. Cool! If I tell you that, yes, Elijah's spirit is already here in a man on the Earth, you might believe me. But if I tell you that he is nearly Ending his ministry and the 7-year tribulation is almost over, that might be more difficult. Let's see what happens. God will show us what is true. Thanks For The Clarification.

Let Us Praise God!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is only one instance of the resurrection of all saints--

1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

LA

Dear LA,

I know that there is only one resurrection of the elect, but before that, there is a resurrection of the two witnesses. You will see in the near future. Wait for it!

Tons Of Love For Jesus!!

Michael

WatchmanOnTheWall

Dear Watchman,

I was confusing Elias with Elisha. Now I understand. Cool! If I tell you that, yes, Elijah's spirit is already here in a man on the Earth, you might believe me. But if I tell you that he is nearly Ending his ministry and the 7-year tribulation is almost over, that might be more difficult. Let's see what happens. God will show us what is true. Thanks For The Clarification.

Let Us Praise God!!

Michael

I believe the tribulation begins with the Anti-Christ appearing and taking over the world. Also the third temple will be built by this time and the sacrifices will re-start.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear LA,

I know that there is only one resurrection of the elect, but before that, there is a resurrection of the two witnesses. You will see in the near future. Wait for it!

Tons Of Love For Jesus!!

Michael

The two witnesses are the anointed elect.

Christ has not changed the rules of who his witnesses are.

They are the Church which is His Body of which he is the Head, meaning His many membered Bride.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the first verse. Not men?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe the tribulation begins with the Anti-Christ appearing and taking over the world. Also the third temple will be built by this time and the sacrifices will re-start.

Certainly taking over the churches.

A third stone temple can never be the House of God, and it is the churches, the sanctuaries of the Lord which will cease to be places of true sacrifice to the Lord, though men will still do so outside of the fallen churches.

Dan 8:10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
Dan 8:11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
Dan 8:12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

Dan 12:11 And from the time that the daily ...... shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
the first verse. Not men?

Yes, men--

Rev 10:8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
Rev 10:9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
Rev 10:10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
Rev 10:11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

As at the first time.

LA

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The two witnesses are the anointed elect.

Christ has not changed the rules of who his witnesses are.

They are the Church which is His Body of which he is the Head, meaning His many membered Bride.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

LA

Dear LA,

No, the two witnesses are not the Anointed Elect. The Elect are numbered at 144,000. There are also others who will go home to Heaven this time around. The two witnesses are those mentioned in Rev. 11:4KJV, "These are the TWO Olive Trees, and the TWO Candlesticks standing before the GOD of the whole earth." LA, see also Rev. 11:10KJV, "...because these TWO PROPHETS tormented them that dwelt on the Earth." Now why would it say 2 Prophets, if it were the Total ELECT? I am trying my best to show you that you are misinterpreting a certain aspect of things. The devil tries to confuse, and you are not above it. I am not saying that I have been above it also, for I did, in error, date the time of Armageddon, and was wrong, so I've been there, too. I've also made tons of mistakes in my life, growing up and growing older.

Also see Zech. 4:3KJV, "And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other on the left side thereof." Now, certainly you can realize this number is TWO, not MORE. There is a left side and a right side, ONE on EACH side of the bowl.

Also see Zech. 4:14KJV, "Then said he, "These are the TWO anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole Earth." And Zech. 4:11KJV, "What are these TWO olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left size thereof?" I was told by the Lord that these references were also pertaining to the same Olive Trees and Candlesticks mentioned in Rev. 11. Please try to see it and understand.

Well, we can agree to disagree. I would keep sharing my words, but they will not suffice. I know that you have your mind set already and I can't agree with you, bro'. I still think very highly of you, so let's go forward on ALL of the things we DO agree on. I do hope you'll get a copy of my book sometime. Looking forward to hearing from you again. I'd rather just agree with you to keep our friendship pure of any trouble. I was going to do that, but figured I'd best tell you the truth.

Let God's Grace Be Upon You Always,

Michael

Last edited: