The Two Resurrections

fzappa13

As per request I would like to take a look at a subject that I've seldom heard talked about but which, for me, is endlessly fascinating. The first time I read Rev 20 I was taken aback. Though I grew up agnostic, still, Christianity was so much a part of our American culture, particularly in the South, that you couldn't help but absorb some of the Cliff Notes of that faith. Even at that I had never heard what was put forth in Rev 20 anywhere.
The first 6 verses of Rev 20 set forth the fact that there are 2 resurrections and identifies who is a part of the first one. I would like to offer this passage now for those that may not have read it and as a refresher for those that have.

1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

While reading this please bear one thing in mind. The term here translated as "beheaded" is defined in the Greek as follows:

πελεκίζω pelekízō, pel-ek-id'-zo; from a derivative of G4141 (meaning an axe); to chop off (the head), i.e. truncate:—behead.

πλήσσω plḗssō, place'-so; apparently another form of G4111 (through the idea of flattening out); to pound, i.e. (figuratively) to inflict with (calamity):—smite. Compare G5180.

It is helpful when reading this to remember that the Hebrew term "to cut off" was often used as another way of saying "to kill" and in this instance if think the meaning offered here might be better understood to include all who had been killed for the Word of God and not just those that suffered decapitation. This would put this passage more in harmony with the rest of the passages concerning this subject.

Last edited:

fzappa13

The fact that those that died for the word of God are to be singled out for special treatment is not a core tenet of any denomination that I am aware of I find fascinating in that one would think that the resurrections of mankind would be one of the more important if not the most important facet of the Christian faith. There are several passages in Revelation as well as the rest of the Bible that addresses this unique group of people. The first in Revelation is to be found in Chapter 6 at the opening of the fifth seal.

9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

When I read this passage two questions sprang to mind. First, I wondered what had transpired in heaven that precipitated this event? The second was, how long was this "little season" that those who were slain for the word of God had to wait for their brethren who were to suffer the same fate? I found the answer to both questions further on in Revelation. Before leaving this passage I would like to call attention to the "white robes." These robes are the body of the first resurrection and are worthy of their own thread.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
What is the context of the book of Revelation?

The book of Revelation is thoroughly and completely Jewish (i.e., Israelite).

Here are some of the facts related to the book of Revelation:
  • Written by John, one of the circumcision apostles.
    John agreed to limit his ministry to the circumcision. Gal 2:9
    John is one of the twelve apostles that will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Matt 19:28, Luke 22:30
  • The "priests of God" are the nation of Israel. Exo 19:6, 1 Pet 2:9, Isa 61:6
  • Many of the events in Revelation are related to the "time of Jacob's trouble" (Jacob is Israel). Rev 11:2
Much, much, much more can be said along those lines. But that's enough for now.

fzappa13

What is the context of the book of Revelation?

The book of Revelation is thoroughly and completely Jewish (i.e., Israelite).

Here are some of the facts related to the book of Revelation:
  • Written by John, one of the circumcision apostles.
    John agreed to limit his ministry to the circumcision. Gal 2:9
    John is one of the twelve apostles that will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Matt 19:28, Luke 22:30
  • The "priests of God" are the nation of Israel. Exo 19:6, 1 Pet 2:9, Isa 61:6
  • Many of the events in Revelation are related to the "time of Jacob's trouble" (Jacob is Israel). Rev 11:2
Much, much, much more can be said along those lines. But that's enough for now.
Myself and three other posters agreed to attempt to walk through Revelation a chapter at a time to share our different perspectives of it, at the behest of a 14 year old poster, some years ago and I'm sure you won't be surprised to learn that it was soon derailed in the way that most threads are. While pursuing and overall view of the book is a worthy pursuit that is not my intent here. What I am attempting to do is to pull together the different puzzle pieces it contains that concern the resurrections in order to get a clearer picture of that subject. I have long maintained that there is precious little in Revelation that can't be found in the Old Testament but I have yet to find anything there directly addressing the fact that there were two resurrections and I would suggest that this subject itself is probably one of the reasons for the title of this book.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Myself and three other posters agreed to attempt to walk through Revelation a chapter at a time to share our different perspectives of it, at the behest of a 14 year old poster, some years ago and I'm sure you won't be surprised to learn that it was soon derailed in the way that most threads are. While pursuing and overall view of the book is a worthy pursuit that is not my intent here.
If you don't respect the overall context of the book, your attempts to understand subsections of it will be in vain.
What I am attempting to do is to pull together the different puzzle pieces it contains that concern the resurrections in order to get a clearer picture of that subject.
Again, if you cannot understand who is writing the book and who it's targeted at, you will go off the rails from the start.
I have long maintained that there is precious little in Revelation that can't be found in the Old Testament but I have yet to find anything there directly addressing the fact that there were two resurrection and I would suggest that this subject itself is probably one of the reasons for the title of this book.
There is a reason why the book of Revelation is so closely paralleled with the prophets of Israel. By continuing to focus on small passages and ignoring the larger context, you will miss the real meaning.

Isaiah 60 and Revelation 21 are virtually mirror images of one another.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Myself and three other posters agreed to attempt to walk through Revelation a chapter at a time to share our different perspectives of it, at the behest of a 14 year old poster, some years ago and I'm sure you won't be surprised to learn that it was soon derailed in the way that most threads are. While pursuing and overall view of the book is a worthy pursuit that is not my intent here. What I am attempting to do is to pull together the different puzzle pieces it contains that concern the resurrections in order to get a clearer picture of that subject. I have long maintained that there is precious little in Revelation that can't be found in the Old Testament but I have yet to find anything there directly addressing the fact that there were two resurrections and I would suggest that this subject itself is probably one of the reasons for the title of this book.
Scholars tend to agree that Revelation has more illusions to the OT than all the other NT books combined, but it doesn't specifically quote any of them.
Instead, John will use several OT passages with the imagery used in those stories that will remind people of those OT images, sometimes combining images from different OT books into one image.

I'm in anytime you want to make a chapter by chapter thread.
After all, it is the revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ.

fzappa13

Scholars tend to agree that Revelation has more illusions to the OT than all the other NT books combined, but it doesn't specifically quote any of them.
Instead, John will use several OT passages with the imagery used in those stories that will remind people of those OT images, sometimes combining images from different OT books into one image.

I'm in anytime you want to make a chapter by chapter thread.
After all, it is the revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Ah Tam ... that's a lofty aspiration. What do you say we let this thing gestate for a little while. Let me finish this thread and then maybe throw a feeler out for possible participants. I saw that Lovejoy posted here a couple of years ago and he was one of the original participants in the first shot at this. Kronus was another but he has retired from the field of battle long ago. The other, Mr. Miller, has sluffed his mortal coil I'm afraid. I've always been keen on an idea like this because so many have called this the most difficult book to understand and there is nothing I like more than a challenge, so, quite naturally this book became something of a hobby in my study of the Bible. To me it's interesting to get different takes on it from people who have taken the time to gnaw on that bone for a while. My online time is limited in that I still work for a living but, at the end of the day, what is more important that discerning the Word of God?

fzappa13

God, in His infinite wisdom, has chosen to allow Satan and his angels access to heaven. However, they will eventually be evicted as we shall see in the passage below. There are some hints about the timing of this here as well.

Rev 12:
7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Here in verses 7-11 Satan's expulsion from heaven is directly linked to the saints in heaven that had died for the word of God. They rejoice here and well they should. Their accuser has just been cast out and they had just been brought forth from under God's throne and given their robes.
Verses 12-16 begins Satan's run here on earth prior to Christ's return. His first effort is against the woman who flees to the wilderness. This begins the Jew's second wilderness experience. This is a subject that is scattered all over the Bible and should have it's own thread as well but, for the purposes of this thread let's have a look at what Jesus said about it before moving on.

Mat 24:
15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand
16Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Having failed at his first endeavor Satan then turns his attention to those who have the testimony of Jesus Christ. The duration of this time period is here said to be " a time and times and half a time". By itself this phrase might seem a little confusing but, those of us who have encountered this same time period in other passages in the Bible have also heard it's duration referred to as 3 1/2 years, 42 months etc. I would suggest that this is the "little season" referred to earlier in Rev 6.

Next up ... the wedding.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah Tam ... that's a lofty aspiration. What do you say we let this thing gestate for a little while. Let me finish this thread and then maybe throw a feeler out for possible participants. I saw that Lovejoy posted here a couple of years ago and he was one of the original participants in the first shot at this. Kronus was another but he has retired from the field of battle long ago. The other, Mr. Miller, has sluffed his mortal coil I'm afraid. I've always been keen on an idea like this because so many have called this the most difficult book to understand and there is nothing I like more than a challenge, so, quite naturally this book became something of a hobby in my study of the Bible. To me it's interesting to get different takes on it from people who have taken the time to gnaw on that bone for a while. My online time is limited in that I still work for a living but, at the end of the day, what is more important that discerning the Word of God?
That's fine.
I'll stick with the resurrection talk.

Revelation 20 ESV
(5) The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.
(6) Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

One perspective is that John is not using "first" numerically (as in 1st, 2nd, third), but is using "first" in the same sense as the "first" born is used concerning Israel, Ephraim, and David even though none of them were numerically the first born to their parents.
The "preeminent" resurrection rather than numerically since we have other resurrections in both the OT and NT.

fzappa13

That's fine.
I'll stick with the resurrection talk.

Revelation 20 ESV
(5) The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.
(6) Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

One perspective is that John is not using "first" numerically (as in 1st, 2nd, third), but is using "first" in the same sense as the "first" born is used concerning Israel, Ephraim, and David even though none of them were numerically the first born to their parents.
The "preeminent" resurrection rather than numerically since we have other resurrections in both the OT and NT.
I see your point and I would hasten to agree that this is the preeminent resurrection. That is not to denigrate or belittle those that take part in the second. I fear that because of the entry fee charged for entrance into the "first" it finds few takers and almost no lip service in modern Christian dogma of any stripe. As it concerns the temporal timing of these two events my intuition concerning time when reading much of what I have encountered in the Bible is confirmed by my studies of near death experiences in that most all who have had such an experience report that time is a phenomenon confined to this existence and in the greater reality that follows our "death" time does not exist. All points in "time" are accessible at any time. Hence the ability to prophesy. So, seen through that lens you could make the argument that you have offered. That said, for those of us stuck here in time Rev 20 would appear to indicate that these two resurrections are separated by a thousand years and the resurrection of those that paid the same price Jesus did for His faith will rule and reign with Him in the interim between the two and their resurrection precedes the second.

Hope I didn't wax too esoteric there.

Last edited:

fzappa13

REVELATION 19
I am sorry to offer such a large chunk of scripture all at once but I would not want to be said to have lifted the three points germane to the subject of this thread out of context. To make it a little more digestible I'd Like to break this up into three sections to address these points.

THE WHORE
1And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

Here we see God answer the plea of those taken out from under the alter of God offered in Rev 6:10. The great whore is dispatched in anticipation of what comes next.

THE BRIDE
6And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Here we encounter the white robes again. I suspect this is where our culture developed the tradition of brides wearing white. The little season spoken of in chapter 6 is over and the big day is at hand.

THE GROOM
11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Here Christ claims His bride and His throne. As an aside I would point out that this slaughter/feast/ marriage supper is spoken of many places in the Bible. Zeph 1, Isa 34 and Eze 39 are but a few of the many. Here lay the key to understanding Jesus' cryptic remark in Mat 24.

25Behold, I have told you before.
26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Before circling back to Rev 20 and the second resurrection I would like to offer a few more passages concerning the first in my next installment.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
"Son of man" was the term that the Lord Jesus Christ used the most to identify Himself during His earthly ministry to Israel. (81 times in M,M,L & J).

Paul wrote thirteen epistles and never uses that term even once.

Do you know why?

Last edited:

fzappa13

"Son of man" was the term that the Lord Jesus Christ used the most to identify Himself during His earthly ministry to Israel. (81 times in M,M,L & J).

Paul wrote thirteen epistles and never uses that term even once.

Do you know why?
And what has that got to do with the price of rice in China?

Right Divider

Body part
And what has that got to do with the price of rice in China?
Because the book of Revelation also refers to Christ by that title. There is a reason for that.
Are you interested in learning the true meaning of the scripture or are you just here to amuse yourself?

Rev 1:12-18 (AKJV/PCE)​
(1:12) And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; (1:13) And in the midst of the seven candlesticks [one] like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. (1:14) His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire; (1:15) And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. (1:16) And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength. (1:17) And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: (1:18) [I am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.​
Rev 14:12-14 (AKJV/PCE)​
(14:12) Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. (14:13) And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them. (14:14) And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud [one] sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

fzappa13

Because the book of Revelation also refers to Christ by that title. There is a reason for that.
Are you interested in learning the true meaning of the scripture or are you just here to amuse yourself?

Rev 1:12-18 (AKJV/PCE)​
(1:12) And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; (1:13) And in the midst of the seven candlesticks [one] like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. (1:14) His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire; (1:15) And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. (1:16) And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength. (1:17) And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: (1:18) [I am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.​
Rev 14:12-14 (AKJV/PCE)​
(14:12) Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. (14:13) And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them. (14:14) And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud [one] sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
Ah, the "true" meaning of scripture. Sure, I'm into that but, once again, this thread is intended to be a scriptural look into the two resurrections. I'm sure a scriptural look at the term "Son of man" is worthy of our consideration. Indeed I was thinking about that very term earlier today. May I suggest that you start a thread concerning that and offer it in a forum with the widest possibility for participation if that is indeed your intent.

Right Divider

Body part
Ah, the "true" meaning of scripture.
It's much better than the false meaning of scripture. Do claims that some things are true and others are not somehow offend you?
Sure, I'm into that but, once again, this thread is intended to be a scriptural look into the two resurrections.
If you do not understand the context of the book, you will not understand what the two resurrections are about. That is a simple fact.
I'm sure a scriptural look at the term "Son of man" is worthy of our consideration.
Indeed, and particularly with regard to the book who's contents you claim to want to understand.
Indeed I was thinking about that very term earlier today. May I suggest that you start a thread concerning that and offer it in a forum with the widest possibility for participation if that is indeed your intent.
My intent is to get you (and some others) to consider the context of the scripture that you claim to want to get deeper into.

The book of Revelation is about the restoration of Israel and things related to the earthly realm. That is why the book is saturated with all things Israel from start to finish.

fzappa13

Armed with the knowledge gathered from the preceding passages we can better appreciate some other passages that contain details about the first resurrection that are often overlooked. Here is a very famous one.

1 Thes: 4
14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

This passage pretty much speaks for itself but the word "prevent" in verse 15 is maybe not the best translational choice. Let's have a look at the Strong's:

φθάνω phthánō, fthan'-o; apparently a primary verb; to be beforehand, i.e. anticipate or precede; by extension, to have arrived at:—(already) attain, come, prevent.

This confirms what we have already read in Revelation. Those that died for their faith are resurrected first and Jesus picks up those that are alive and yet remain on the way to the wedding feast of Rev 19. Armed with the knowledge of the nature of the first resurrection one can more fully appreciate what Jesus was alluding to in Mark 8.

Mark 8:
34And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
35For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Not to belabor the point but I would like to offer one more scripture before returning to Rev 20.

Psa 116: 15Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

Precious indeed. So precious that He gives them their own resurrection.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Why do you believe that the Jewish things in Revelation have anything to do with the body of Christ?

Rev 20:6 (AKJV/PCE)​
(20:6) Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Those reigning with Christ in the millennial kingdom will be Israelites (Christ is the king of the Jews, Mark 15:2, Luke 23:3).

Again, Paul never called a member of the body of Christ a "priest". The body of Christ has no priesthood. The body of Christ is not a nation (kingdom). Israel was to be priests to the gentile nations.