ECT The TRUE way to be holy

God's Truth

There are holy con artists around, they are like the scammers who try to sell you your own car....it already is yours.

But you won't get in and drive it until you KNOW it is yours, here is the key.
The only way you can find out what you are is by reading it in God's word...reading and BELIEVING it.

God said you are salt...BELIEVE that
God said you are light...BELIEVE that
God said you are more than conqueror through Him who loves you...BELIEVE that
Go said you have overcome the devil...BELIEVE that.
God said He hath made you worthy.
God said you are His beloved children

These conners go around telling everybody they are sinners, no good, heading for destruction...they want to sell you holiness, make you their little disciples...glory in your flesh.

"For by one offering Christ hath perfected forever them that are sanctified"

This is for every single person who has been saved Christ is our Saviour and our Sanctification.

Believe what is written...believe that the scriptures say to obey God.

When Peter got baptized with the Holy Ghost and power he was holy see, he was straight out in the street preaching. When Paul got baptized in the Holy Ghost he was holy, he was straight out preaching.

A major and primal issue in scripture are those with genuine faith, born of the Holy Spirit, versus those with some "head faith," which is an unrepentant faith at its core: virgins in the congregation with and without oil in their lamps, just as there are wheat and tares. It's visible, in spades, on message boards, where all the anonymous ugliness can rise to the surface, unlike a real congregation of people, where they have to muzzle a lot of it.

The real issue is one must be born again, be led of the Holy Spirit, not led by dead letters of the law. We must have a living faith, not some recipe vainly followed. This is the entire controversy in a nutshell, the unborn again arguing against the born again, and vice versa. One not led of the Spirit has no understanding, and is left to hollow religion, exercised vainly.

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel?

Got it.

and at Pentecost He sent His disciples to preach the Gospel of Christ with power which you deny.

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is a process given by invitation to the born again child of God for to make a son out of him by learning the ways of God (John 17:3) and then onward to where he becomes a father himself who begets sons for THE Father. Just the way Jesus did it. Read John 1:12 and then 1John2.

Let him who enters into the process first count the cost. WHY?? Look it up.

I agree.

The flesh Totton, is lifting herself up on this thread.

Quit making excuses and get with the program built on redemption and not your lambasting of others..You are about as edifying as limburger cheese.

No.

limburger cheese is more edifying.

Totton is accusing everyone else of what she is .

We have been there done that and gone on.

Tit 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
A major and primal issue in scripture are those with genuine faith, born of the Holy Spirit, versus those with some "head faith," which is an unrepentant faith at its core: virgins in the congregation with and without oil in their lamps, just as there are wheat and tares. It's visible, in spades, on message boards, where all the anonymous ugliness can rise to the surface, unlike a real congregation of people, where they have to muzzle a lot of it.

The real issue is one must be born again, be led of the Holy Spirit, not led by dead letters of the law. We must have a living faith, not some recipe vainly followed. This is the entire controversy in a nutshell, the unborn again arguing against the born again, and vice versa. One not led of the Spirit has no understanding, and is left to hollow religion, exercised vainly.

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I would not be so quick to say that the probationists are not saved, but they have not moved on, they've got snagged by mostly 19th century holiness teachers....some of them have actually taken some of their teachings from Ellen White.

They are not stable, not steadfast, not sure.

Mebbe they are saved today but they cannot be sure if they will be saved still at Christmas, sickly plants, not rooted and grounded in love

How CAN they come boldly to the throne of grace? they are always looking over their shoulder, never sure, mebbe today the Lord will pronounce them cut off, doomed for their sins.

They have no concept of sonship, they are not sons and daughters, they think little about the Fatherhood of God. We have not received this spirit of fear that we should fall back into condemnation, we have received the spirit of adoption whereby we cry Abba Father, and a sound mind.

Nor will they ever dare to fully go out against the devil, they will never totally resist him for they are half afraid that one day they will end up back in his clutches.

I would not be so quick to say that the probationists are not saved, but they have not moved on, they've got snagged by mostly 19th century holiness teachers....some of them have actually taken some of their teachings from Ellen White.

In many cases, who is saved and who is not saved only God knows. We can determine if a person is of scripture truth or not, and most of these people aren't babes in Christ, many middle aged clinging to lies, for decades. The question that remains, to my mind, is that, if somebody has for a long time professed error, or believes a false prophet, how is the Holy Spirit leading them into truth? Is the Holy Spirit impotent, or is this actually a matter of not having the Spirit? I don't believe the Holy Spirit is impotent, and this has not been my experience.

No matter your thoughts on this, there are some poisoned by lies, as well as spreading the poison of lies. No matter what the reason, this is the work of tares. My Bible doesn't indicate liars, that false prophets, are of the kingdom of God. I don't personally buy into this ecumenicism that anybody paying some lip service to Christ and is, otherwise, a liar goes to abundant evidence of being saved, but this is just my view, as well as a scripture admonition the devil comes as an angel of light. In my opinion, somebody truly of God you see His power in their life, in their character and ways, in being of truth, understanding scripture truth. If not, I'm not ready to call any false prophet a brother. Also, consider this, if everybody and their "brother" were actually saved, that have some religion which adheres to a few scripture truths (like the devil will use, to sweeten the lies), how can the following be true?

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Is the gate truly narrow, or is it wide? Is the gate of the whole truth, or of the millions who pay lip service to Jesus, from any old cult? To all you ecumenicals, what is the acceptable level of lies to package the gospel of the Lord Jesus with?

No matter anything, I say beware to the true Christian, test the spirits for truth against the word of God and choose your friends very wisely, of truth, as the Lord always leads the born again believer to truth.

Would like to add something else. There have been great men of God, who one could listen to preaching, for weeks, and not find one thing untrue they've said, that wasn't in keeping with scripture truth. These men, more and more deceased at this time, are very few on the likes of, say, TBN, the faithful preachers of the whole world of God, in the media, and among local churches, very few, relative to ear tickling charlatans, just there to fleece the flock. Here is the point: these great men of God agree on all the major doctrines one sees refuted on the web, all the time, mainly refuted by the likes of people on message boards. I've found the true Christians are in great agreement, on things argued over here. Wonder why this is so? That you can find a group of even revered men of God the devil would have trouble or find impossible to try to stain their names, and they agree on things like eternal security, the rapture, grace, the whole nine yards, no, ten yards? Something to think about, if you think the saved go about, signed up for any and every old lie that comes down the pike. In my life, I've only found the few, who've come through the narrow gate, who I can trust to listen to, and, lo and behold, we all agree on what the Bible is saying as to all major doctrines.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I agree in the main, but it was always so...always

Just look at the Galatians, toward the end of Paul's life he said all Asia had turned away from him....his response was to appeal, remember the joy, the satisfaction they had felt. Yes stern warnings, but never damnation.

God's Truth

There are holy con artists around, they are like the scammers who try to sell you your own car....it already is yours.

But you won't get in and drive it until you KNOW it is yours, here is the key.
The only way you can find out what you are is by reading it in God's word...reading and BELIEVING it.

God said you are salt...BELIEVE that
God said you are light...BELIEVE that
God said you are more than conqueror through Him who loves you...BELIEVE that
Go said you have overcome the devil...BELIEVE that.
God said He hath made you worthy.
God said you are His beloved children

These conners go around telling everybody they are sinners, no good, heading for destruction...they want to sell you holiness, make you their little disciples...glory in your flesh.

"For by one offering Christ hath perfected forever them that are sanctified"

This is for every single person who has been saved Christ is our Saviour and our Sanctification.

No one has access to that grace...

unless they have faith that Jesus' blood cleans them of the sins they repent of.

Romans 5:2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.

God's Truth

When Peter got baptized with the Holy Ghost and power he was holy see, he was straight out in the street preaching.

What did Jesus say to his disciples before he died?

Jesus said, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them (John 14:23).

Did you read that? Did you see it?

If they obey Jesus' teachings, they will receive the Holy Spirit. That is how the Father and Jesus makes their home with us.

The Holy Spirit is given TO THOSE WHO OBEY.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

When Paul got baptized in the Holy Ghost he was holy, he was straight out preaching.

Did Paul receive the Holy Spirit as soon as he believed?

NO.

Paul believed in Jesus and then had to do some things.

Paul did not eat and drink for three days, and he spent that time praying. One can imagine that his prayers were that of asking for forgiveness.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's what I told you Peter was 30 seconds after the Holy Ghost fell before he was out in the street preaching.

Yours is the generation which swapped evangelism for "grow in grace" pow wows....America and Europe were RIPE but you failed them

Peter was preaching 3 years before that, and went through many lessons before Pentecost.

The Apostles sent Paul home to his mother.

Paul was over 14 years in the church before He was sent out with Barnabus who had the same message and was in Christ before Paul.

Men want all converts to start preaching before their time, but they do not have to be told or taught because they speak their own experiences.

You would not send your babies out into the streets would you?

LA

God's Truth

Peter was preaching 3 years before that, and went through many lessons before Pentecost.

The Apostles sent Paul home to his mother.

Paul was over 14 years in the church before He was sent out with Barnabus who had the same message and was in Christ before Paul.

Men want all converts to start preaching before their time, but they do not have to be told or taught because they speak their own experiences.

LA

Please show the scriptures that say exactly as you say here.

God's Truth

LA

Acts 9:18 Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized,

19 and after taking some food, he regained his strength. Saul spent several days with the disciples in Damascus. 20 At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 9:18 Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized,

19 and after taking some food, he regained his strength. Saul spent several days with the disciples in Damascus. 20 At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God.

And what does Son of God mean?

OCTOBER23

KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;

even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered;

and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Hebrews 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

1 John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected:

hereby know we that we are in him.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another,

God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.