ECT The TRUE way to be holy

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Word was God.

The Word became flesh.

Those are scriptures.

:doh: The Word says that the Word was God it does not say the Word was the Father. I challenge you. Show one scripture that says Jesus is the Father. You can't unless you try to twist scripture.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Folks please do not derail this thread with off topic material again. I cleaned off a 75 post derail that didn't belong in the ECT.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;

even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered;

and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Hebrews 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

1 John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected:

hereby know we that we are in him.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another,

God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

What does by one offering mean?
what does perfected for all time mean?

What are His commandments? is anyone claiming that they do love God as the law requires? or that we love our neighbour as we love ourselves?

The Joos failed for 2,000 years and so has the church...and every Joo failed and every saint...mebbe barring a handful.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
How holy will we be if Christ dwells in us? He IS our Sanctification. The holy conners want us to believe that they have attained to a greater level of holiness...that is the con. They want to make disciples to themselves.

What we do is nurture this inner life of Christ, we make place in our lives for Him, we make much of His Presence, His fellowship...we look for opportunities to manifest His life.

This is received holiness, this is revelation holiness...it's not onerous, it is a great joy.