The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

@ God's Truth;

In reference to the repentance that GOD did do; does the word repented mean stopped/ turned from/ or does it mean GOD stopped sinning?

I know your answer and am sorry to have to ask you like this. But it seems needed to quite others who would love to prove you wrong though you are not.

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

lifeisgood

Why do you think people demand that those who make mistakes (each and every one of us) must, upon realization of said mistake, openly admit it while people are actively attacking them for it?

You start first OPENLY ADMITTING your mistakes here so that we can see how it is done.

BTW: The only ones demanding that those who make mistakes openly admit them are popsthebuilder and gt, HOWEVER, you, popsthebuilder and gt, DO NOT set the EXAMPLE by ADMITTING your OWN MISTAKES OPENLY. Funny, don't you think.

God's Truth

You will never repent of your error that the word "repented" means "stopped sinning".
GOD wants you to turn from your error and have the correct understanding of the word "repented" as scripture reveals it to be.
But you would rather go against GOD's word.

God wants us to stop sinning.

popsthebuilder

You start first OPENLY ADMITTING your mistakes here so that we can see how it is done.

BTW: The only ones demanding that those who make mistakes openly admit them are popsthebuilder and gt, HOWEVER, you, popsthebuilder and gt, DO NOT set the EXAMPLE by ADMITTING your OWN MISTAKES OPENLY. Funny, don't you think.
Um....I just said that one shouldn't have to openly admit it. If the turn from it silently then have they not repented of it?

And I do openly admit when I am wrong. I have done it in this thread.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Turning from just one sin does not make you sinless, dingbat.

Jesus' blood washed away all my sins and made me holy, and perfect; it is how I have a new born again life. He did that for me after I repented of my sins, he saved me. Any sins after I am born again, I am to stop and work out my salvation with trembling and fear, and train myself. Do you recognize what I said as being what Paul says?

That's like saying if I have a supper plate of potatoes, carrots, and beans ....... but I quit eating the beans then I have stopped eating supper.
If you are eating anything on that supper plate then you are still eating supper.
That is why I don't go by human analogies that are not in the Bible. What you say is not something I care to elaborate on.

If one breaks any portion of the law, they are guilty of the whole law.

James 2 KJV
(10) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
(11) For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

James was speaking of the ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR. It is also what Paul speaks of that we are to obey. They both are speaking about what Jesus taught. It is about the New Covenant.

Love is 'not harming your neighbor' that is how we love our neighbors; we do no harm to them. See Romans 13:10.

If you do not harm your neighbor by not murdering your neighbor, it is good and you have obeyed a commandment of do not murder---do not murder/love your neighbor.

If you do not harm your neighbor by committing adultery with your neighbor's wife, then you have obeyed another commandment, and you show you love your neighbor.

If you do not harm your neighbor by bearing false witness against your neighbor, you have done right and obeyed yet another command of the law and you still are loving your neighbor.

If you STEAL from your neighbor, you have HARMED your neighbor, AND NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THE WHOLE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Do you understand now? You obeyed all those commands and were doing right by loving your neighbor, you loved your neighbor by not harming him by murdering him; you loved your neighbor by not committing adultery with his wife; you loved your neighbor by not bearing false witness against him, ...BUT THEN, you missed up on one. You did not kill your neighbor, commit adultery with his wife, you did not bear false witness against him...but you stole something from him...YOU HAVE NOW broke one law and stole...AND NOW you are guilty of breaking the whole law of love your neighbor because you hurt him by stealing from him.

If you can study carefully what I said, with the measure you use will be measured back to you.

lifeisgood

Jesus' blood washed away all my sins and made me holy, and perfect, in my new born again life. He did that for me after I repented of my sins, he saved me. Any sins after I am born again, I am to stop and work out my salvation with trembling and fear, and train myself. Do you recognize what I said as being what Paul says?

Therefore, DENYING WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did is ALL SUFFICIENT to save the worst of sinner.

You, gt, teach that the SINNER has to HELP the perfect, atoning, vicarious, sacrificial, completed/finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

God's Truth

Therefore, DENYING WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did is ALL SUFFICIENT to save the worst of sinner.

You, gt, teach that the SINNER has to HELP the perfect, atoning, vicarious, sacrificial, completed/finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

You are a Calvinist. God does NOT save unbelievers. Calvinists teach that God saves unbelievers and those who hate Him.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he tells us that he saves those who obey him.

lifeisgood

You are a Calvinist.

I am not, but you will not believe me. Oh, well.

God does NOT save unbelievers.

Then your church is in trouble, wouldn't you say?

For you, gt, preach that an UNbeliever CAN OBEY God, BEFORE they EVER hear the Gospel of Salvation.

No, you, gt, preach that an UNbelieve MUST OBEY; BEFORE THEY HEAR the Gospel of Salvation; otherwise, God will not save that UNbeliever.

Jesus saves us all on his own,...

Correct.

...and he tells us that he saves those who obey him.

No! That is YOU, gt, DENYING WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did is ALL SUFFICIENT to save the worst of sinner.

God's Truth

I am not, but you will not believe me. Oh, well.

You are.

Then your church is in trouble, wouldn't you say?

The church you say you were saved at is Reformed, is it not? lol

For you, gt, preach that an UNbeliever CAN OBEY God, BEFORE they EVER hear the Gospel of Salvation.
Anyone can obey God.

Jesus even says that if someone does not know if they believe him, they can obey and they will find out. See John 7:17.

No, you, gt, preach that an UNbelieve MUST OBEY; BEFORE THEY HEAR the Gospel of Salvation; otherwise, God will not save that UNbeliever.

Why do you keep saying 'unbeliever'? God will not even say you unless you obey and believe, or believe and obey. Makes no difference what you do first, but you have to do both.

No! That is YOU, gt, DENYING WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did is ALL SUFFICIENT to save the worst of sinner.
You don't have access to that grace unless you obey and believe.

What you say about me is not truth.

Jesus saves us all on his own and he chooses to save those who obey him.