The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

There was nothing for GOD to stop doing, as GOD was not doing to them what was on His mind to do.
His mind did not stop, His mind changed direction.

GT says the word "repented" means "stopped sinning".
Even after being shown clear evidence that the word does not mean "stopped sinning", she willfully continues in her lie and will not repent of it.
Which leads her into another error she willfully continues in ---- that you must completely stop sinning BEFORE Christ will even consider saving you.

But you would rather overlook and pander her in her errors.
It's like watching the blind lead the blind.
I'm not worried about her. Why are you?

This discussion is between the two of us at this point.

If you can't see that repent is synonimous with stop, turn, and sorrow then I don't know what else to tell you other than go study.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

... confused... the correct response would have been "It doesn't"

I don't "divide" anything, I just believe what is written in the Bible.

Why should we need more than one? How many would it take to satisfy you?

The Bible speaks of them independently and yet they are each shown to be God.
The Bible speaks of them independently and yet they are each shown to be God.

One verse....and at least a thousand saying GOD is One GOD and One Spirit.

Biased much?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 1: 1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the

Spirit of God

moved upon the face of the waters.

(One Spirit)

One Father also.
One Son also.
All 3 interact with each other and oftentimes are doing something different than what the others are doing at the time.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You will never ever get around it that God tell us humans to repent of our SINS.

God wants us to stop sinning.
You will never repent of your error that the word "repented" means "stopped sinning".
GOD wants you to turn from your error and have the correct understanding of the word "repented" as scripture reveals it to be.
But you would rather go against GOD's word.

God's Truth

Wow; how very off putting and boring...as if you don't deserve an individual response, or any other for that matter.

It was as you say. He didn't speak according to what I said; just about everything he said looked as if he copied and pasted from some manual or another one of his posts.

God's Truth

Tactic? There is none to be spoken of.

What don't you get about the truth being simple.

If I have to click a link and learn a word and then another and then change the definition of another them go back and attempt to read them something is really wrong.

If you cannot speak in laymen's terms then you do not know what you are talking about. If you cannot explain it in laymen's terms then you cannot explain it and do not understand it.

There is no tactic whatsoever.

Simple truth; either you have it or you don't.

Exactly.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course I have. Haven't you stopped any sins for Jesus?
Turning from just one sin does not make you sinless, dingbat.
That's like saying if I have a supper plate of potatoes, carrots, and beans ....... but I quit eating the beans then I have stopped eating supper.
If you are eating anything on that supper plate then you are still eating supper.

If one breaks any portion of the law, they are guilty of the whole law.

James 2 KJV
(10) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
(11) For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

God's Truth

But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk.And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts. - Revelation 9:20-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation9:20-21&version=NKJV

Read this scripture:

Revelation 2:5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

Did you read that?

Now tell me, did Jesus want them to actually STOP sinning?

God's Truth

Revelation 16: 11. And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

(Both stopped and turned from both apply here)

Jonah 3: 8. But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands. 9. Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not? 10. And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

(Turned from and stopped both fit here)

1 Chronicles 21: 14. So the LORD sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men. 15. And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

(Stopped/ turned from both work here)

Psalm 106: 43. Many times did he deliver them; but they provoked him with their counsel, and were brought low for their iniquity. 44. Nevertheless he regarded their affliction, when he heard their cry: 45. And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.

(Stopped works here)

Genesis 6: 6. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

(Wow; I almost forgot that repentance is akin to shame or sorrow, or that sorrow of a godly sort brings about repentance (stopping g and turning from a thing)

2 Corinthians 12: 21. And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.
( Stop/ turn from)

I can continue if need be

These are excellent.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not worried about her. Why are you?
Then you are not worried about error.
I am.

This discussion is between the two of us at this point.
No it's not.
It is about correcting error no matter who proclaims the error.

The error is that the word "repented" means "stopped sinning".
That is GT's error.
Get on board or just stay out of the way.

drbrumley

Dispensationalists are sometimes accused of not preaching repentance or of preaching against it. This charge is untrue. What they oppose is the preaching today to unsaved Gentiles who are strangers from the covenants of promise the message of repentance which God sent to His covenant nation of Israel. In early Acts Israel needed to repent as a nation of the sin of rejecting and crucifying their Messiah. Our job today is to present that crucifixion as the basis of God's good news to the world. Evangelists often err in their preaching of repentance. Besides the mistake just mentioned, they often make repentance to be sorrow for sin or a giving up of all known sin as a prerequisite to believing and being saved. A saved person should desire to give up his sins, but it is hopeless to tell the sinner that he must first cleanse himself from his sins before He can come to Christ. The very purpose in coming to Christ is to be cleansed. Some preach repentance and water baptism of Acts 2:38 as the terms of salvation today, and this frustrates the grace of God

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Revelation 16: 11. And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

(Both stopped and turned from both apply here)

Jonah 3: 8. But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands. 9. Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not? 10. And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

(Turned from and stopped both fit here)

1 Chronicles 21: 14. So the LORD sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men. 15. And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

(Stopped/ turned from both work here)

Psalm 106: 43. Many times did he deliver them; but they provoked him with their counsel, and were brought low for their iniquity. 44. Nevertheless he regarded their affliction, when he heard their cry: 45. And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.

(Stopped works here)

Genesis 6: 6. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

(Wow; I almost forgot that repentance is akin to shame or sorrow, or that sorrow of a godly sort brings about repentance (stopping g and turning from a thing)

2 Corinthians 12: 21. And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.
( Stop/ turn from)

I can continue if need be

No need to continue, as it has already been proven that the word itself (repented) does not mean "stopped sinning".
GOD repented.
Only the additional context shows what is being turned from, and it is not always a turning from sin, as has been shown by scripture.
Why? Because the word itself does not mean "stopped sinning" as GT erroneously teaches.
Scripture plainly says that GOD repented, and the word itself had absolutely nothing to do with Him stopping any sin as we can tell by the context.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dispensationalists are sometimes accused of not preaching repentance or of preaching against it. This charge is untrue. What they oppose is the preaching today to unsaved Gentiles who are strangers from the covenants of promise the message of repentance which God sent to His covenant nation of Israel. In early Acts Israel needed to repent as a nation of the sin of rejecting and crucifying their Messiah. Our job today is to present that crucifixion as the basis of God's good news to the world. Evangelists often err in their preaching of repentance. Besides the mistake just mentioned, they often make repentance to be sorrow for sin or a giving up of all known sin as a prerequisite to believing and being saved. A saved person should desire to give up his sins, but it is hopeless to tell the sinner that he must first cleanse himself from his sins before He can come to Christ. The very purpose in coming to Christ is to be cleansed. Some preach repentance and water baptism of Acts 2:38 as the terms of salvation today, and this frustrates the grace of God
Good post.