The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

RealityJerk

Of course God can.

And what do you say God's nature is?

Now you are being unreasonable. You compare God coming as a Man to God coming as Satan? If you can't be reasoned with then you can't know the truth.

God can send an evil spirit to someone.

God came as a Man and men have spirits that do not die. God came in the flesh and died in the flesh then lived on in the Spirit.

That is a man made teaching. The Father doesn't have two lesser god's to help Him be One God.
Jesus is God come as a Son, and God's Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

The problem you are having is for one, you must be reasonable. Saying God cannot make Himself Satan is not reasonable. However, God can send someone an evil spirit, as in the case with Saul.
Saying God is only possible by having two lesser god's with Him to make Him one is an unreasonable thing to say. God is One and His words are Him and His Spirit is Him, not two other entities making Him One.

What's the metric or standard for what is considered "reasonable" ? That which doesn't contradict your opinion? You asserted that God can do ANYTHING, without qualification and now you're asserting there are qualifications to Him doing ANYTHING, hence you just undermined your own argument. Either He can do anything or He can't. I say there are certain things He can't do, because everything He does is within the parameters of His nature, whatever that may be. What His nature is, doesn't have to be defined, for the premise of compliance to His nature to be true. That is a false, arbitrary demand.

God isn't evil, even if He allows an evil spirit to torment someone like king Saul or anyone else. In His essence, He is good and holy, not evil and profane. God can't be a king, without a kingdom or a creator, without creating. The only one being unreasonable here is you, in respect to this issue. So now have the last word and delude yourself into thinking you've "won" something. I have better things to do with my precious time than go back and forth with unreasonable people.

God's Truth

Yes, the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father, who begat Jesus through Mary.

LA

That is a major point of truth right there because the trinitarians say that the Father is not Spirit, and they say the Holy Spirit is His separate Spirit that does things for Him.
However, the Father is Spirit and begat a Son from His own Spirit instead of just creating a spirit as He does for humans. The Father came as a man's spirit and had to live, grow, and learn as humans do because He really came as a man.

God's Truth

What's the metric or standard for what is considered "reasonable" ?
That is a good question. How is it reasonable to say God cannot make Himself Satan as a defense for anything reasonable and true? How is it reasonable to say we are saved by not obeying Jesus, as in the faith alone teachings? How is it reasonable to say it is honorable not to obey God, as in the faith alone teachings? Those are some serious examples that come to mind. Here is another one: the scriptures tell us humans to repent of our sins, but Paul comes along and changes all of teachings from God through out the whole Bible, nullifies God's words, and says that God told Paul to nullify His words as a new gospel called grace, as the faith alone denominations teach.
That which doesn't contradict your opinion? You asserted that God can do ANYTHING, without qualification and now you're asserting there are qualifications to Him doing ANYTHING, hence you just undermined your own argument.
Again, you have to be reasonable. Who would ever use God not making Himself Satan as an argument?

Either He can do anything or He can't.
God can do anything, but God doesn't do just anything.

I say there are certain things He can't do, because everything He does is within the parameters of His nature, whatever that may be. What His nature is, doesn't have to be defined, for the premise of compliance to His nature to be true. That is a false, arbitrary demand.

God isn't evil, even if He allows an evil spirit to torment someone like king Saul or anyone else.
God did 'allow' it, God sent it.
In His essence, He is good and holy, not evil and profane. God can't be a king, without a kingdom or a creator, without creating. The only one being unreasonable here is you, in respect to this issue.
So it is more reasonable to say God the Almighty Father can do whatever He wants, or to say no He can't? Is it more reasonable to say God the Father came as a human, or God the Father is God because He has a separate Person in the divinity who is a Son, and yet another Person who is different and separate called the Spirit, as the trinity doctrines says?

So now have the last word and delude yourself into thinking you've "won" something. I have better things to do with my precious time than go back and forth with unreasonable people.

I am sorry if I came off too harsh. I hope we can talk more about it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is a major point of truth right there because the trinitarians say that the Father is not Spirit, and they say the Holy Spirit is His separate Spirit that does things for Him.
However, the Father is Spirit and begat a Son from His own Spirit instead of just creating a spirit as He does for humans. The Father came as a man's spirit and had to live, grow, and learn as humans do because He really came as a man.

No.

Jesus was born with a human spirit from Adam through Mary.

Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

The Spirit of His Father could not die, but His human spirit, the life of His flesh, did die, and required resurrection from the dead.

LA

God's Truth

I'm not going to debate you on this issue if you're irrational and unreasonable. It's a waste of time. Those words were directed at you, not him/her. So you can have the last word on the issue. Not worth it.

I didn't say you were irrational. I said it was not reasonable what you were saying. After Jesus saved me I thought the trinity was right until I tried to defend it. I studied the scriptures instead of just taking man's word for it and I found it was wrong.

God's Truth

No.

Jesus was born with a human spirit from Adam through Mary.
Jesus got his flesh and blood through Mary and his Spirit from his Father.

Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

The Spirit of His Father could not die, but His human spirit, the life of His flesh, did die, and required resurrection from the dead.

LA

Human spirits do not die, let alone the Spirit of God.

lifeisgood

hahahaha So according to you, NOT obeying Jesus gives him glory. Unbelievable.

You have a TOTAL MISCONCEPTION of what OBEYING Jesus is.

When you really obey Him, you will know what obeying Him is.
The risen Lord Jesus told Paul face-to-face first-hand account to tell you all about it.

God wants us to be reasonable.

Like this?

"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?" (Matthew 23:33)

Berean Literal Bible: "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men. For you neither enter, nor even do you allow those who are entering to go in" (Matthew 23:13)

You are twisted when you say honor is to NOT obey.

You have a TOTAL MISCONCEPTION of what OBEYING Jesus is.

When you really obey Him, you will know what obeying Him is.
The risen Lord Jesus told Paul face-to-face first-hand account to tell you all about it.

So is it honorable to not obey your parents, your teachers, your bosses, the government, etc.?

Is that what you got from OBEYING Jesus?

Jesus says don't give what is sacred just to be trampled on. Tell me how you could give a testimony you know will be trampled?

I gave my testimony, you trampled on it and impugned it by saying:

If you did get saved when you say you did…

That would be your problem, not mine. I will give my testimony any time, any day, any moment, any place, that people impugn it like you did, is water over/under any bridge I might have for your impugnation cannot take away WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did for me and my GLORIFYING HIM for saving such a one as me who did not deserve it at all. Eternity will not be long enough to say Thank you Lord for saving my soul.

Show where I said I was afraid. See how you are not careful with leaning to the left or to the right of what is said. I don't need that kind of person invited to share in my testimony.

You just did:
Tell me how you could give a testimony you know will be trampled?
TRANSLATION: I, gt, am afraid that someone will trample 'my powerful testimony' therefore, I, gt, will not give so not to give glory to God.

You bowed to false doctrine when you believe faith alone and trinity.

You bow down to your FALSE DOCTRINE that Jesus is God the Father with a physical body.

lifeisgood

The Almighty God can do anything He wants,

If you just used the brilliant mind God gave to you, you would think before you write certain things, gt.

God CANNOT FORCE you to LOVE Him and that's just for starters.

and He came as a Man.

The Son the second person of the Triunity of God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) came.

Jesus is NOT God the Father with a physical body.

God the Father being more than one to make Him a God is just wrong.

Your false doctrine is morphing, gt.

lifeisgood

So James was only speaking to demons who were shuddering?!

No, James was warning the 12 tribes of Israel scattered abroad about false doctrines like yours.

Demons know that, ACCORDING TO JAMES whose words you are arguing against. Even evil demons do something, and so should we!!!

Sure they DO SOMETHING, they REJECT what Jesus Christ did; therefore, eternally lost as millions who follow their doctrine of doing something.

You don't accept God's words.

You, gt, on the other hand proclaims you, gt, are God's Truth. Imagine that.

We have to keep on obeying.

Where is your OBEYING LIST that you're so proud of…. Oh, wait, you don't obey all of Jesus' sayings, you have confessed so yourself when asked. What do you think that makes you, gt?

You are not a Corinthian or a Galatian.

Absolutely I am 'a' Corinthian or 'a' Galatian. You can take your pick. You, gt, on the other hand are a member of one the 12 tribes of Israel scattered abroad going through tribulation.

James didn't preach that what Paul taught was wrong. How do you ever get that Paul would preach a divided gospel from the Lord? No such thing in heaven.

Well, you will have to take that up with the Risen Lord Himself, for the Risen Lord Himself told Paul face-to-face, first-hand account, what to tell you, however, you reject the Risen Lord's instructions to you as if He came to the lost sheep of the house of gt. What a shame.

lifeisgood

The Holy Spirit is God the Father.

Now, when, gt, is the Holy Spirit God the Father?
When the Holy Spirit is Jesus with a physical body or before Jesus is God the Father with a physical body, or maybe it is after He no longer is Jesus with a physical body? What a mess of a false doctrine, gt. You are as confused as keypurr with his 'revelation' when he wasn't looking for it. Did this revelation of yours came before you went to sleep or after, or maybe it was when the coffee was not strong enough or was too strong?

Your doctrine, gt, is a false doctrine. You did not get it from God's Truth.

lifeisgood

That is a major point of truth right there because the trinitarians say that the Father is not Spirit,

There is a major point of UNtruth right there.

Trinitarians believe what God's Truth says, not what gt says, and God's Truth says:
John 4:24: “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

The fact that God is spirit means that God the Father DOES NOT have a human body.

God the Father DID NOT come to earth in human form, the Son did (John 1:1). Jesus is unique as Emmanuel, “God with us” (Matthew 1:23).

Numbers 23:19 - “God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind.”

To say that God is spirit is to say that God the Father is invisible.

Colossians 1:15 calls God the “invisible God.”

First Timothy 1:17 praises God, saying, “To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever.”

You should believe what God's Truth says, gt.

and they say the Holy Spirit is His separate Spirit that does things for Him.

There is another major libel statement right there.

God's Truth says that:
-The Holy Spirit is the believers’ Helper (John 14:26).
-The Holy Spirit indwells believers and seals them until the day of redemption, which is irreversible. (Ephesians 1:13)
-The Holy Spirit guards and guarantees the salvation of the ones He indwells (Ephesians 1:13; 4:30).
-The Holy Spirit assists believers in prayer (Jude 1:20).
-The Holy Spirit “intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God” (Romans 8:26–27).
-The Holy Spirit regenerates and renews the believer (Titus 3:5).
-At the moment of salvation, the Spirit baptizes the believer into the Body of Christ (Romans 6:3).
-Believers receive the new birth by the power of the Holy Spirit (John 3:5–8).
-The Holy Spirit comforts believers with fellowship and joy as they go through a hostile world (1 Thessalonians 1:6; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
-The Holy Spirit, in His mighty power, fills believers with “all joy and peace” as they trust the Lord, causing believers to “overflow with hope” (Romans 15:13).

And that's just for starters.

What a convoluted false doctrine you preach, gt.
You, gt, should believe God's Truth.

God's Truth

There is a major point of UNtruth right there.

Trinitarians here say that, so stop calling me names.

Trinitarians believe what God's Truth says, not what gt says, and God's Truth says:
John 4:24: “God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

The fact that God is spirit means that God the Father DOES NOT have a human body.
There is only one God and He is the Father. That is what the scriptures says.

So since Jesus is God, then he is also the Father because their is only one God and He is the Father.

Stop going against the scriptures.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist.
God the Father DID NOT come to earth in human form, the Son did (John 1:1). Jesus is unique as Emmanuel, “God with us” (Matthew 1:23).
There is only one God and He is the Father and he came as a Son.

Numbers 23:19 - “God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind.”

You need to do a little more research before you try to be so crafty.

The KJV also says God is not a son!

Do you really want to use that scripture in a debate against me?

So God is not a SON?!

Looks like your twisting of the scriptures became a snare for you. According to you then, Jesus is not God and not the son of man.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
To say that God is spirit is to say that God the Father is invisible.

Colossians 1:15 calls God the “invisible God.”

First Timothy 1:17 praises God, saying, “To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever.”

You should believe what God's Truth says, gt.
You are about to get rebuked by the scriptures again. Tell me, who is the King of kings? Jesus is the King of kings!!!

God the Father is that, and so is Jesus Christ the Son, because they are the EXACT SAME.

Revelation 17:14
They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

There is another major libel statement right there.

God's Truth says that:
-The Holy Spirit is the believers’ Helper (John 14:26).
-The Holy Spirit indwells believers and seals them until the day of redemption, which is irreversible. (Ephesians 1:13)
-The Holy Spirit guards and guarantees the salvation of the ones He indwells (Ephesians 1:13; 4:30).
-The Holy Spirit assists believers in prayer (Jude 1:20).
-The Holy Spirit “intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God” (Romans 8:26–27).
-The Holy Spirit regenerates and renews the believer (Titus 3:5).
-At the moment of salvation, the Spirit baptizes the believer into the Body of Christ (Romans 6:3).
-Believers receive the new birth by the power of the Holy Spirit (John 3:5–8).
-The Holy Spirit comforts believers with fellowship and joy as they go through a hostile world (1 Thessalonians 1:6; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
-The Holy Spirit, in His mighty power, fills believers with “all joy and peace” as they trust the Lord, causing believers to “overflow with hope” (Romans 15:13).

And that's just for starters.

What a convoluted false doctrine you preach, gt.
You, gt, should believe God's Truth.

The Holy Spirit is God the Father.

God's Truth

Now, when, gt, is the Holy Spirit God the Father?

All the time.

When the Holy Spirit is Jesus with a physical body or before Jesus is God the Father with a physical body, or maybe it is after He no longer is Jesus with a physical body? What a mess of a false doctrine, gt. You are as confused as keypurr with his 'revelation' when he wasn't looking for it. Did this revelation of yours came before you went to sleep or after, or maybe it was when the coffee was not strong enough or was too strong?

God the Father is Spirit. Jesus' Spirit is that Spirit.

Your doctrine, gt, is a false doctrine. You did not get it from God's Truth.

You plainly say in your testimony of when you were saved that you repented of your sins. But then you say you did not. You are entrapped to go against the obvious.