The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Rosenritter

And I bow down to Christ as I obey his commandments and teachings and I worship God in Christ. And as i live by the will of God I worship the father in spirit and in truth.

But i will willingly fall at the feet of Jesus, as he is over me and God has set him over us and has put him in a place of worship. But only the father is God Almighty.

And Jesus isn't the father, look at this.

John 14

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and WE will come unto him, and make OUR abode with him.*He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

There are clearly 2 here and they are not one and the same, and Jesus says that the word which you hear is not his, but the father's which sent him.

Jamie, I think I've asked this a couple times. I'm not sure I've heard your answer. So I'd like to take this opportunity to rephrase it:

1) Would you say that Han Solo is Harrison Ford?
2) Would you say that Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford?
3) Would you say that Indiana Jones is Han Solo?

Could you also add a "why or why not" on the end of those please? or even a "when or when not?" Thank you.

Rosenritter

And how about you stop calling me dishonest, a liar, and a worker of Satan,a slanderer and whatever else insulting you have called or said to me? Just because I don't agree with you? I've never said such things about you. If you are born of God, you should be able to speak with the word of God and overcome, you shouldn't need to use insults like you do.

... or you could put GE on ignore. No one would think any less of you for it.

popsthebuilder

I believe Jesus is God the Father come as a Man. I believe that Jesus' Spirit inside him is the one and only Spirit of God. However, I believe that Jesus had to grow and learn like a human.

Does that answer what you asked?
No.... Not really.

That is sort-of understood.

Let me back up a little if you don't mind the questioning. You may though, as I think your Faith is very much based in the written Word of GOD (which I am in no way knocking or attempting to discredit in any way).

Do you believe GOD has been and always will be eternal, omniscient, and omnipotent?

Do you believe GOD to be Spirit (I think you do but do not want to presume anything at this point.

Thank you.

Rosenritter

They all have of the same Spirit but are different in personality. I'm sorry you can't see that. How can you say the Father and the Son are the same when the Father speaks of the Son in Matthew 3. Is He speaking to Himself.

Matthew 3:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Different personalities? How do you differentiate that from polytheism?

popsthebuilder

What do you mean if not indwelling? Jesus does indwell the saved, there is no if about it.

If Jesus is not the same Spirit as God the Father, how does Jesus live in all the saved?
I did not mean not indwell you.

I meant that the Holy Spirit could direct or cause to happen without having to dwell within them per say.

popsthebuilder

Let's see if I understand you correctly.
Do you agree or not: I believe all humans have a flesh body and their own spirit that lives inside of them. I believe that Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

Not sure why you have 'an angel of the LORD' as part of this discussion about God being Spirit.

I believe Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit and it is the Spirit that all the saved receive to live in them.
I agree with all you have said here in this post that I am responding to.

popsthebuilder

They all have of the same Spirit but are different in personality. I'm sorry you can't see that. How can you say the Father and the Son are the same when the Father speaks of the Son in Matthew 3. Is He speaking to Himself.

Matthew 3:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Different in personality?

The very word personality presumes to limit the capacity of GOD to that of a man.

Also; how can you justifiably say they ate different personalities when Jesus wholly and perfectly carried out all that was set before Him by GOD?
If He (Jesus) was of another personality(which is too, by the way, scarily close to saying He was of a different spirit) then His actions would not have perfectly represented the will of GOD, making the new covenant with error. Surely you don't find error in the work of Christ.

popsthebuilder

Clearly that is not speaking of the Gospel of Salvation. I'm surprised you don't see that, BR. This is God's Untruth's grave error and false gospel. In fact, she is actively leading others astray right here on this thread.

Christ is the end of the law for righteousness, and we believe unto righteousness. Which is why salvation is a gift...not of ourselves, so that none can boast.

Eph. 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

You posted verses pertaining to the Law, but we are not under the law for righteousness. Rather we have been delivered from the law, and it is through the OBEDIENCE OF ONE that we are made righteous. Romans 5:19
Faith in GOD and Jesus, His work, and example and selfless sacrifice are effectual. Believing unto righteousness isn't one being righteous in their acts or words, or doing for public viewing; they aren't doing things of themselves or even their wants, bit submitting to the Will of GOD and having faith in His Word.

Faith brings about faithfulness.

Is to not be faithful the same as turning from, or disregarding, or metaphorically tossing said affection over ones shoulder in indifference?

I do not mean to speak as if I know of obedience wholly; I surely do not.

I do not mean to imply anything about you personally either, but am just asking what you believe or think or what have you.

God's Truth

No.... Not really.

That is sort-of understood.

Let me back up a little if you don't mind the questioning. You may though, as I think your Faith is very much based in the written Word of GOD (which I am in no way knocking or attempting to discredit in any way).

Do you believe GOD has been and always will be eternal, omniscient, and omnipotent?

Do you believe GOD to be Spirit (I think you do but do not want to presume anything at this point.

Thank you.

God is Spirit and is eternal, omniscient and omnipotent.

I believe that God is Spirit.

God's Truth

I did not mean not indwell you.

I meant that the Holy Spirit could direct or cause to happen without having to dwell within them per say.

I do not understand what you are saying.
I believe that Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father and that he lives in the saved.

How do you believe?

popsthebuilder

I do not understand what you are saying.
I believe that Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father and that he lives in the saved.

How do you believe?
Same as you.... It hasn't changed.

You word it more clearly than I seem to be able to.

My whole issue with the division of the man Jesus from the absolute literal fullness of GOD as a man who walked the earth is because though it is possible for GOD, as anything is; it has absolutely atrocious potential for evil if the wrong one decides they are the second coming.

We know what happened due to the ancient rcc.

Please don't misunderstand me; the Spirit that was in Jesus of Nazareth was the same Holy Spirit of GOD that utterly filled the vessel of the Christ. It is the same Christ that will/ does indwell the saved and is GOD.

I hope I have made myself clear, but the chances are slim.

Please ask about misunderstandings.....

God's Truth

Same you.... It hasn't changed.

You word it more clearly than I seem to be able to.
There is just some things that you say that I just don't understand and I really want to. I wonder if that thing I do not understand is something that is against my beliefs, or not.

My whole issue with the division of the man Jesus from the absolute literal fullness of GOD as a man who walked the earth is because though it is possible for GOD, as anything is; it has absolutely atrocious potential for evil if the wrong one decides they are the second coming.
I feel that you are saying something really important, but I can't figure out what you mean there either. Please be patient with me. I am really trying.

We know what happened due to the ancient rcc.

Please don't misunderstand me; the Spirit that was in Jesus of Nazareth was the same Holy Spirit of GOD that utterly filled the vessel of the Christ. It is the same Christ that will/ does indwell the saved and is GOD.

I hope I have made myself clear, but the chances are slim.

Please ask about misunderstandings.....

Thank you for that.

I do want to say that I believe when God the Father came in the flesh as a Man, His Spirit was made like that of a Man's. Do you know what I mean? God the Father really came as a Man and did not pretend to. He grew and learned as a Man does, yet had direct contact with His Father.

popsthebuilder

There is just some things that you say that I just don't understand and I really want to. I wonder if that thing I do not understand is something that is against my beliefs, or not.

I feel that you are saying something really important, but I can't figure out what you mean there either. Please be patient with me. I am really trying.

Thank you for that.

I do want to say that I believe when God the Father came in the flesh as a Man, His Spirit was made like that of a Man's. Do you know what I mean? God the Father really came as a Man and did not pretend to. He grew and learned as a Man does, yet had direct contact with His Father.
Yes I understand what you are saying I think.

He was made wholly in the likeness of Man and indeed tried as a man and tested and found wholly to be pure; not for the sake of GOD, but for the sake of creation.

Do we still agree?

popsthebuilder

Okay, sounds good. I still don't know what you mean though by saying the Holy Spirit could direct or cause to happen without having to dwell within them per say.
I was only trying to say that GOD can cause a person to do a thing, or direct a person indirectly, or outside of that person's knowledge, and that GOD doesn't have to be in that person in the form of the Holy Spirit to cause a thing that GOD wills.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

Thank you for that.

Likewise; thank you sincerely, and please do be patient with me as you know of my disposition (my relative newness to scripture).