The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

He is the Father come as a Son.

Think about it some more. Jesus even says that when you see him you see the Father.
That's because the father was in him fully, by the full power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus didn't live to do his will, but to do the will of God. And God was seen in his fullness through Christ Jesus, so when we see Christ, we see the father also.

popsthebuilder

Let's talk about that and not about me. Stop trying to tell me what I sound like.

Jesus is the EXACT SAME as the Father, there is no difference.

Jesus even calls himself the exact name that God calls himself.
We know that the two of us agree that the Christ and the Spirit of GOD(GOD is Spirit) and the Holy Spirit all reference the same One Spirit that is the Almighty GOD of all creation and existence. We know that Jesus the Christ was wholly filled with the Holy Spirit, and that it was even His very nature as shown while He was in blessed Mary's womb. But we too know from scripture that He, Jesus was the firstborn Christ, and even the first thing begotten of GOD, yet GOD is surely, ultimately without cause, and not begotten. We know all things are given to Christ and all men will be judged of Christ, and that allergist is spiritual as GOD is spirit.

I'm sorry, I must be rambling....what I am asking is do you think there is a division or distinction to be made between the physical, material, blessed Holy man Jesus of Nazareth that lived some 2000 years ago, and the things attributed now to the Christ/ GOD?

Surely if the Spirit work in any of you it is the Spirit of GOD and is Christ if not dwelling, indeed interceding to you.

where is the line between Creator and creation for you personally based on scripture?

Humbly,

God's Truth

We know that the two of us agree that the Christ and the Spirit of GOD(GOD is Spirit) and the Holy Spirit all reference the same One Spirit that is the Almighty GOD of all creation and existence. We know that Jesus the Christ was wholly filled with the Holy Spirit, and that it was even His very nature as shown while He was in blessed Mary's womb. But we too know from scripture that He, Jesus was the firstborn Christ, and even the first thing begotten of GOD, yet GOD is surely, ultimately without cause, and not begotten. We know all things are given to Christ and all men will be judged of Christ, and that allergist is spiritual as GOD is spirit.

I'm sorry, I must be rambling....what I am asking is do you think there is a division or distinction to be made between the physical, material, blessed Holy man Jesus of Nazareth that lived some 2000 years ago, and the things attributed now to the Christ/ GOD?

Surely if the Spirit work in any of you it is the Spirit of GOD and is Christ if not dwelling, indeed interceding to you.

where is the line between Creator and creation for you personally based on scripture?

Humbly,

I believe Jesus is God the Father come as a Man. I believe that Jesus' Spirit inside him is the one and only Spirit of God. However, I believe that Jesus had to grow and learn like a human.

Does that answer what you asked?

God's Truth

Humbly,

What do you mean if not indwelling? Jesus does indwell the saved, there is no if about it.

If Jesus is not the same Spirit as God the Father, how does Jesus live in all the saved?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am so glad to hear that from someone else here. So many say we do not have to obey.

Some of the people I debate say we don't have to obey and that we obey because we want to.

Wanting to obey is still not obeying, and it leaves room for an option.

I want to but I never did is what happens to many people.

Like what Jesus told us about the two sons.

One was going to obey but did not; the other didn't want to but ended up obeying.

We have to obey to get saved, and we have to obey to stay saved.

I showed you scripture where it says we should obey Jesus. Now I need for you to give Book, Chapter and Verse where it says we must obey to be saved. I have not found one. But I do find the following;

Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I did find this at hearingfromJesus.org
The key point of the discussion is actually salvation. As we discussed above, salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus. We do not have to accomplish other works or rituals to receive it. However, when we love Jesus and truly submit our lives to Him, we will obey His commands… as Paul did, as the disciples did, and as Jesus did. If we love Him, why would we not trust Him and obey Him?

If you would be interested in the whole article it is here; https://hearingfromjesus.org/2016/06/must-i-obey-gods-commands-to-be-saved/

God's Truth

I showed you scripture where it says we should obey Jesus. Now I need for you to give Book, Chapter and Verse where it says we must obey to be saved.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

I have not found one. But I do find the following;

Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I did find this at hearingfromJesus.org
The key point of the discussion is actually salvation. As we discussed above, salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus. We do not have to accomplish other works or rituals to receive it. However, when we love Jesus and truly submit our lives to Him, we will obey His commands… as Paul did, as the disciples did, and as Jesus did. If we love Him, why would we not trust Him and obey Him?

If you would be interested in the whole article it is here; https://hearingfromjesus.org/2016/06/must-i-obey-gods-commands-to-be-saved/

Grace is that no one has to clean themselves just to go to the temple to worship God, just to be called a child of God. Grace is that those works of the law that people used to do are no more. Grace is that Jesus washes us now and we do not have to work at washing ourselves.
Grace is that Jesus washes us just by our believing that Jesus washes us of the sins we repent of doing.
Grace is that Jesus washes us and we become the temple.

Paul was not saying not of by obeying. Paul was saying not of the works of the law.

These are the works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

No one has to do all those works anymore, but we still have to obey Jesus by abstaining from evil and do right.
We just don't have to get circumcised in the flesh and offer animals.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Grace is that no one has to clean themselves just to go to the temple to worship God, just to be called a child of God. Grace is that those works of the law that people used to do are no more. Grace is that Jesus washes us now and we do not have to work at washing ourselves.
Grace is that Jesus washes us just by our believing that Jesus washes us of the sins we repent of doing.
Grace is that Jesus washes us and we become the temple.

Paul was not saying not of by obeying. Paul was saying not of the works of the law.

These are the works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

No one has to do all those works anymore, but we still have to obey Jesus by abstaining from evil and do right.
We just don't have to get circumcised in the flesh and offer animals.

I found an article that supports your stance. It is actually pretty good. See here. http://www.commentaryonthebible.com/howtobesaved/we-must-obey-god-to-be-saved/

In reality after all this debate, doesn't it only make sense that we should obey to be saved? Why would we disobey and think that our actions would be acceptable before a holy God.

God's Truth

I found an article that supports your stance. It is actually pretty good. See here. http://www.commentaryonthebible.com/howtobesaved/we-must-obey-god-to-be-saved/
Wow. I like hearing what that site says, we have to obey. That is rare to hear that. I will check out that site more later.

In reality after all this debate, doesn't it only make sense that we should obey to be saved? Why would we disobey and think that our actions would be acceptable before a holy God.

Exactly. However, many here go against me for saying we have to obey to be saved.

The faith only people say that to me. Many denominations are faith only.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow. I like hearing what that site says, we have to obey. That is rare to hear that. I will check out that site more later.

Exactly. However, many here go against me for saying we have to obey to be saved.

The faith only say that to me. Many denominations are faith only.

Sometimes tradition is not the best teacher. I'm learning to search more and be the Berean that God wants us to be.

God's Truth

Bright Raven,

I spent my whole life thinking about God and Jesus, yet not really knowing Him, not really feeling saved.

I also know many people who claim they are saved and that they love God, all the while they do the things even atheists do.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bright Raven,

I spent my whole life thinking about God and Jesus, yet not really knowing Him, not really feeling saved.

I also know many people who claim they are saved and that they love God, all the while they do the things even atheists do.

GT, Keep searching. God will open wonderful vistas for you to explore.

popsthebuilder

What do you mean if not indwelling? Jesus does indwell the saved, there is no if about it.

If Jesus is not the same Spirit as God the Father, how does Jesus live in all the saved?
I did not say the same spirit that was in the man Jesus doesn't also indwell within the saved.

I don't think saying the Spirit of GOD that was wholly in Jesus should be called Jesus explicitly today as it refers to the man Jesus and doesn't focus on the Spirit of GOD but the man that the Spirit filled.

Also; saying the Spirit of GOD/ GOD/the Holy Spirit/ an angel of the LORD/ Lord GOD was the fullness of the Spirit of Jesus the man isn't the same as saying the man Jesus was the literal fullness of GOD as a man, but as can be perceived by man.

It is written that none can observe the fullness of GOD. That isn't to say at allbthat GOD is incapable of whatever is IT'S Will.

So you think that the spirit that filled Jesus is the same One that indwells true believers?

God's Truth

GT, Keep searching. God will open wonderful vistas for you to explore.

Thank you, BR, but I did keep searching and I have a powerful testimony of being saved.

I should have explained better what I was talking about.

I believed in God and Jesus my whole life, but never really knew Him or felt saved, until I started obeying him.

That is why I preach obedience.