The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

As I already stated your question is based on a false premise, where does it state on the spirit of God is possible of saving mankind but a perfect spirit person other than God cannot? This is your false premise.

By answering your question I would be agreeing with the premise that one of Gods created spirits is unable to redeem mankind. No teaching like that exist in the bible, its your assumption that only the person of God is able to redeem mankind.

Its like me asking a person who is innocent "do you think you're a bad person for murdering person A", by answering the question how I phrased it, with the only possible direct answers being yes or no, one cannot answer without admitting guilt even though he is innocent, this is a loaded question. I cannot answer your question since its based on a false premise. Either rephrase it or answer the question I asked, namely, where does it state in the Bible that only the person of God could redeem mankind?

So, now, NWL can also save mankind.
sarcasm_zpsyhibrsjs.png

lifeisgood

As I mentioned previously I do want to know the truth of the bible, if the bible teaches the trinity, then I want to learn about it, hence the reason I asked for you to provide me a single scripture that demonstrates the trinity. You couldn't, all you can do I post other peoples work because you're incapable of expressing your apparent false beliefs with scripture.

I don't know why you cited the scripture above, it certainly doesn't prove anything other than honouring a representative of God is like honouring God, there are various examples in the bible that when men rejected Gods representatives it equated with rejecting the Father, Jesus as the Fathers representative is no different.

Nah, NWL, you do not want to know.

You, NWL, reject the Trinity/Triunity of God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). That is something you will have to take up with the Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) itself.

marhig

Another one with the comprehension problem thingy. I did not say you are against Muslims, I said, you simply saw the word 'Muslim' in a URL and you recoiled saying, (paraphrasing now) 'oh, no, not going there.' The truth hurt, marhig. The truth hurt.

You yourself, marhig, have asked the same questions Muslims are asking there and real CHRISTIANS have taken their time to answer them, which I would assume you would not do because Muslims do not deserve being talked to per your doctrine.

I'm also referring to the above comment. And you assume wrong, keep your assumptions to yourself. I would never"assume" that anyone didn't "deserve" being 'talked to" as you put it. And being talked to is a horrible thing to say. I don't think like that about anybody. So as I said keep your assumptions to yourself, and don't make out that I'm thinking things that I'm not!

lifeisgood

I'm also referring to the above comment. And you assume wrong, keep your assumptions to yourself. I would never"assume" that anyone didn't "deserve" being 'talked to" as you put it. And being talked to is a horrible thing to say. I don't think like that about anybody. So as I said keep your assumptions to yourself, and don't make out that I'm thinking things that I'm not!

Oh, get off the fodder, marhig.

NWL

... You are disjoining verses 25 and 26 from each other? The prophet said:

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:"

The obvious implication is that Job will see God his redeemer when he starts upon the earth at the latter day. Your construction seems a bit forced. Why would Job speak with a vague "he" without then defining who "he" refers to?

Here's an example (I will pick a name at random):
I know that my wife is alive, and two years from now she will arrive in this country, and with my very own eyes I shall see Eve!

Your argument essentially is that people speak this way, and that "wife" and "she" would mean someone other than Eve?

Job said that he would see God in his flesh, prior to his death when the worms destroy [his] body. Again, Job was talking about a future event of seeing God before his death. Job didn't say that he saw God by v26 nor was he stating that others in future times will see God, again, he said HE will see God. Scripture makes it clear that "no man has seen or can see [God]" (1 Timothy 6:16) since God is "invisible"(Col 1:15). Job saw God in a figurative sense when God spoke to him from the windstorm, he himself stated this, "My ears have heard about you, But now I do see you with my eyes" (Job 42:5). The events of v25 did NOT occur during Job's lifetime.

It is your assumption to believe that the God in v26 is referring to the redeemer who Job said would stand up in the last days.

What can we tell from v25&26?

1. Job said he knows the redeemer is alive will come in the last days (v25)
2. Job said he will see God before his death (v26)

How you managed to link the God mentioned in v26, who Job said he will see before his death, and the redeemer in v25 who would stand up in the last says is beyond me. To claim that Job saw the redeemer is to unwittingly admit that Job lived until Jesus living for hundreds and hundreds of years. Job did not say he would seethe redeemer but only that "that [his] redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth", Job simply stated he knew the redeemer was alive and would come in the last days, Job then went on to say he would see God before his death. Again, it is your wild assumption that the Job claimed Jesus was God, these texts certainly don't say so.

popsthebuilder

I said no such thing.

BTW you cannot seek salvation. God seek us to save us. We, when He finds us, are going in our merry way straight to hell.

What a awesome, glorious, unfathomable God I serve that He came down to me for He knew that I, me, and myself, could never, ever go up to Him.
You said it wasn't useful towards salvation.

Do I really need to go find the post?

I do agree that GOD finds us. That isn't the issue. The issue is what one does in response to being found and shown.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

NWL

Nah, NWL, you do not want to know.

You, NWL, reject the Trinity/Triunity of God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). That is something you will have to take up with the Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) itself.

How can you say I reject something that is yet to be established? You certainly can't say I've rejected the trinity doctrine according to the things you've shown since you've shown me nothing in relation to the teaching of the trinity.

Again, if you can show me a single scripture that teaches the trinity I'll renounce my faith as a JW and worship the God as a Trinity. Showing me a scripture that simply mentions the Father, Son and Holy Spirit together does not teach or show anything, it does not express that God is one who it three persons.

Do you admit the bible does not anywhere explicitly teach the trinity but you derive your understanding of the trinity from texts that seem to hint to a trinity?

popsthebuilder

Have you also sold everything you have? That's Jesus' command. Maybe your response is that that commandment is not for you either like gt says all the time and then demand vociferously that the UNbeliever has to obey all Jesus' commands exactly like she does. :nono:

Please don't act so foolishly; it will only prove to be a waste of effort and energy.

I have nothing of material value quite literally however; I will be divulging my actions or the extent to which I do give to the glorying of GOD and the aid of those in need.

popsthebuilder

There it is again folks, I, popsthebuilder, produced my own reception of faith. 'Cause that's just how it happened.
No....stop lying and manipulating.

Perhaps you need refreshing on what it is to receive?

re·cep·tion

rəˈsepSH(ə)n/

noun

noun:*reception

the action or process of receiving something sent, given, or inflicted.

"the reception of impulses from other neurons"

synonyms:receipt,*receiving,*getting

"the reception of the goods"

the way in which a person or group of people reacts to someone or something.

plural noun:*receptions

"the proposal continued to get a lukewarm reception on Wall Street"

synonyms:response,*reaction,*treatment

"a chilly reception"

popsthebuilder

So, you disagree that taking a verse out of its original context is parroting a pretext. Got it.
No, I do not disagree that removing verses from context and in doing so, manipulating the actual meaning is wrong. In fact; to me it is grave sin.

When a verse is aligned with both the topic at hand, and too still holds true to its original context from which it was taken, then it hasn't been removed from context, and your insistance of such is only a mark of your own error.

popsthebuilder

The UNbeliever cannot produce any work pleasing to God. That is the premise of gt's belief that the UNbeliever can produce good works pleasing to God FOR SALVATION.
No.... Her pretense is that one can sincerely desire to turn from what they perceive to be wrong though they may have yet to have been blessed with faith by the will mercy and grace of GOD.

One can hope on repentance and help without knowing either to be true.