The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Right Divider

Body part
No, God is not a matter of two different and separate Persons plus a Spirit making God.

God the Father is the ONE AND ONLY GOD.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

THE SPIRIT IS THE PERSON.
The three are one. Just like the Bible says. According to you the one is one.

Right Divider

Body part
You don't speak truth. I believe the Bible.
You believe very little of it. You don't believe this:

Jer 31:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

God's Truth

You believe very little of it. You don't believe this:

Jer 31:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Of course I believe that.

It is you who do not believe we have to repent of our sins to get a new heart and spirit.

Ezekiel 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Why do you think the die?

They die because they refuse to repent of their sins.

Right Divider

Body part
Of course I believe that.
You must have changed your mind then (repented).

It is you who do not believe we have to repent of our sins to get a new heart and spirit.
We have to trust God and that's what I do. You have a bogus idea of what repent means (meaning... AGAIN... that you don't believe much of the Bible).

Ezekiel 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
What were the sins that they needed to repent of?

Why do you think the die?
:surf:

They die because they refuse to repent of their sins.
What sins did they need to repent of?

Yes, the house of Israel needed to turn back to God and do all the things that He required of them. Read the whole chapter.

What does this have to do with the TRIUNE nature of God?

God's Truth

You must have changed your mind then (repented).

We have to trust God and that's what I do. You have a bogus idea of what repent means (meaning... AGAIN... that you don't believe much of the Bible).

What were the sins that they needed to repent of?

:surf:

What sins did they need to repent of?

Yes, the house of Israel needed to turn back to God and do all the things that He required of them. Read the whole chapter.

What does this have to do with the TRIUNE nature of God?

They had to and have to REPENT OF THEIR SINS.

That is what the BIBLE SAYS.

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

God's Truth

What don't you get about our having to repent of all our sins?

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Right Divider

Body part
They had to and have to REPENT OF THEIR SINS.

That is what the BIBLE SAYS.

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

When God tells them to repent of their sins, they should repent of their sins.

When God tells you to trust the gospel, you should trust the gospel.

Right Divider

Body part
What don't you get about our having to repent of all our sins?

Ezek 18:30 (AKJV/PCE)
(18:30) Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn [yourselves] from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

Yep.... if the house of Israel did not repent, God would judge them.

God's Truth

Ezek 18:30 (AKJV/PCE)
(18:30) Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn [yourselves] from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

Yep.... if the house of Israel did not repent, God would judge them.

All have to repent of their sins. God judges all.

God's Truth

When God tells them to repent of their sins, they should repent of their sins.

When God tells you to trust the gospel, you should trust the gospel.

The gospel is for us all to come to the Father through Jesus and repent of your sins and believe that Jesus' blood washes your sins away.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The gospel is for us all to come to the Father through Jesus and repent of your sins and believe that Jesus' blood washes your sins away.
In the way that you believe that is like saying, you come to the Father through the Father. Until you come to realize that the Father and the Son are two different personalities, you are lost. The Son came to do the will of the Father, not His own will.