The Simple Teachings of Jesus

Robert Pate

Banned
Frequently I hear, "I don't care for all of that high fulutton theology that was taught by Paul". "I just follow the simple teachings of Jesus".

Jesus was a teacher of the law of Moses. Jesus elevated the law of Moses and spiritualized it. Quite often Jesus would recite the law of Moses and then he would say, "But I say unto you" and then he would either elevate the law of Moses or he would spiritualize it, Matthew 5:28.

The Pharisees didn't have much of a problem with the written law. But the spiritual law condemned them and made them hypocrites.

"You have heard that it was said of them of old time, THOU SHALL NOT COMMITT ADULTERY, "But I say unto you" "That whosoever looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart" Matthew 5:28.

Outwardly the Pharisees appeared to be very religious and righteous, but inwardly they were the worst of sinners. Jesus unloaded both barrels on them in Matthew 23:1-39.

"Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are like whited sepulchers, which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but within are full of dead men's bones and of all uncleanness" Matthew 23:27.

Some may think that they can fool us with their holy piety, but they can't fool God. The Holy Spirit searches the desires and the intent of the heart.

"For the word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit and of the joints and marrow and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" Hebrews 4:12.

So, maybe "The Simple Teachings of Jesus" are not so simple after all. If our thoughts and the intent of our heart is going to come under the judgment of God, then who can claim that they have followed "The Simple Teachings of Jesus?".

Robert Pate

Banned
Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength and love your neighbor as yourself.

It is very easy to say, "I love God with all of my heart". But do you? If you did, you would be taking the Gospel to all of the world like Paul did.

To love your neighbor as yourself means to sell all that you have and give it to the poor.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is very easy to say, "I love God with all of my heart". But do you? If you did, you would be taking the Gospel to all of the world like Paul did.

To love your neighbor as yourself means to sell all that you have and give it to the poor.

So the simplicity of the gospel is actually difficult.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is very easy to say, "I love God with all of my heart". But do you?

Do you?

I don't think so.

Jesus says if you love Me keep my commandments.

You have been rejecting Jesus for so long, and still getting stronger in your refusal to accept Jesus' teachings.

Robert Pate

Banned
Do you?

I don't think so.

Jesus says if you love Me keep my commandments.

You have been rejecting Jesus for so long, and still getting stronger in your refusal to accept Jesus' teachings.

You need to be honest with yourself.

You don't love Jesus with all of your heart, nor do you keep the commandments.

You are as bad as the Pharisees and just as big a hypocrite. You need to confess that your righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23 and then trust in Jesus to save you.

Robert Pate

Banned
that might be true but Jesus says "if you love Me keep My commandments".

You spread anti-Christ gospel.

You apparently don't love Jesus because you don't keep the commandments.

The best thing that you can do is confess that your righteousness falls short of the glory of God and then call n Jesus to save you, Romans 10:13.

beameup

Frequently I hear, "I don't care for all of that high fulutton theology that was taught by Paul". "I just follow the simple teachings of Jesus".

The teachings in Paul's Epistles are the teachings of Jesus.
The risen Jesus directly revealed to Paul the Gospel of Grace
for all of mankind in this present dispensation.

On the other hand, the teachings of Jesus found in the 4 Gospels
were directed at Israel under the Law of Moses.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You apparently don't love Jesus because you don't keep the commandments.

The difference between you and me are you deny Jesus' word of "if you love Me keep My commandments".

I may not be keeping them but Jesus says to keep them.

You are spreading false gospel, just because you don't want to or cannot keep His commandments.

Robert Pate

Banned
The teachings in Paul's Epistles are the teachings of Jesus.
The risen Jesus directly revealed to Paul the Gospel of Grace
for all of mankind in this present dispensation.

On the other hand, the teachings of Jesus found in the 4 Gospels
were directed at Israel under the Law of Moses.

Right, Jesus was born under the law. Died under the law. To save those that were in bondage to the law.

Robert Pate

Banned
The difference between you and me are you deny Jesus' word of "if you love Me keep My commandments".

I may not be keeping them but Jesus says to keep them.

You are spreading false gospel, just because you don't want to or cannot keep His commandments.

No, I don't keep the commandments, nor do I pretend to keep the commandments.

I am just another sinner saved by grace. Much like Paul.

You don't keep the commandments either. To say that you do makes you a hypocrite.

This was Jesus problem with the Pharisees. "They say, and do not" Matthew 23:3.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You don't keep the commandments either. To say that you do makes you a hypocrite.

Why do you make straw man attack?

I said many times that I don't claim to be faithful or keeping all His commandments.

I am only a messenger of Jesus' word.

So please stop false accusations. It is so not of Jesus.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I said many times that I don't claim to be faithful or keeping all His commandments.

that's why I don't even claim to be saved. I am only relying on God's mercy.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why do you make straw man attack?

I am only a messenger of Jesus' word.

So please stop false accusations. It is so not of Jesus.

You cannot reject the teachings of Paul and then claim that you are a messenger from God.