the significance of the parables of Christ and the negation there of by the supposed

popsthebuilder

Okay, so I was sorta thinking I guess and came to a question that, upon answering, seemed to lend evidence or credence to the notion that we as believers are judged, and are to be holy, in this life, working in all things to the glory of GOD.

I'll start by asking if anyone believes that the parables/ teachings of Jesus the Christ are pertinent to us as believers here and now in this age and life....today?

anyone is welcome to enter into discussion, but it would be great if we could speak peacably and openly with one another in hopes of helping one another to the Truth.

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

oatmeal

The parables are pertinent as Romans 15:4 teaches us.

Those things written about events before the day of Pentecost are for our learning

They are not directed to us specifically as those in this age of grace for the age of grace started with Acts 2:1-4

What is not written directly to us is still valuable, but we in this age of grace have to balance those truths with what is written directly to us, ie the bulk of Paul's epistles which describes this age of grace and the truths we have to live by in this age of grace.

IF we try to apply gospel teaching directly to our lives we would have to deny the death resurrection, etc if the passages deal with event before the finished work of Jesus Christ

I speak in general terms

daqq

Okay, so I was sorta thinking I guess and came to a question that, upon answering, seemed to lend evidence or credence to the notion that we as believers are judged, and are to be holy, in this life, working in all things to the glory of GOD.

I'll start by asking if anyone believes that the parables/ teachings of Jesus the Christ are pertinent to us as believers here and now in this age and life....today?

anyone is welcome to enter into discussion, but it would be great if we could speak peacably and openly with one another in hopes of helping one another to the Truth.

peace

Apparently many do not believe the following but I certainly do:

Mark 13:3-4 ASV
3 And as he sat on the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,
4 Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when these things are all about to be accomplished?

Mark 13:37 ASV
37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Therefore what Peter, James, and John wrote: they wrote to ALL by the very commandment of the Master in the above passage, and for all intents and purposes the Gospel of Mark is reckoned by most as if from Peter: and why therefore would the Gospels of Matthew or Luke be considered any different? especially seeing that in Matthew the Canaanite woman of Tyre and Sidon, (Matthew 15:21,22), was grafted in by faith, (Matthew 15:28, Acts 21:3-7, fulfilling a prophecy from Isa 23:17,18)?

So yes, I believe every Word of Elohim is applicable to the believer, (no matter how someone else may wish to divide it up into imagined dispensations). Elohim is Spirit and His Word is supernal and eternal. Moreover the parables, allegories, sayings, idioms, and teachings in the Testimony of the Messiah which are found in the Gospel accounts contain the only keys to the Kingdom. No one gets in without him: and that means that no one gets in without truly believing, walking in, and upholding his holy Testimony in uprightness and truth.

TrevorL

Greetings popsthebuilder,
Yes, all of the teaching of Jesus is relevant to his disciples. One of the most significant parables is the Parable of the Sower, and this has important lessons for us today. It not only tells us concerning the different responses to the preaching of the Gospel, but it teaches me at least, that possibly we may by means of prayer and careful thought and meditation be transformed to have a more faithful response to the word, and eventually become the good soil that brings forth fruit.

Kind regards
Trevor

popsthebuilder

So Christ taught in parables while He walked the Earth.

Christ knew he would be shortly crucified.

If He knew He was about to pay for the sin of the world, past and present sin, then why would He teach at all?

Why would the parables or any of the teachings even be on scripture if all are saved regardless of actions?
[MENTION=12603]oatmeal[/MENTION]; I took you for one with insight and knowledge not too long ago.

Tell me please; have you always divided the writings ascribed to St. Paul from the rest of scripture?

Why minister to the people at all if all sin was paid for in full regardless of the teachings and example of Christ?

peace

Danoh

So Christ taught in parables while He walked the Earth.

Christ knew he would be shortly crucified.

If He knew He was about to pay for the sin of the world, past and present sin, then why would He teach at all?

Why would the parables or any of the teachings even be on scripture if all are saved regardless of actions?
[MENTION=12603]oatmeal[/MENTION]; I took you for one with insight and knowledge not too long ago.

Tell me please; have you always divided the writings ascribed to St. Paul from the rest of scripture?

Why minister to the people at all if all sin was paid for in full regardless of the teachings and example of Christ?

peace

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Your question about "why Christ taught at all if this; that; the other" is a question one must actually search out the answer to in Scripture - not in what at this point only appears to be your own assumptions (unless you can actually soundly prove them through the Scripture).

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that...

1 - they received the word with all readiness of mind, and...

2 - searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12..

3 - Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

In memory of Rom. 5:6-8 towards you.

popsthebuilder

Those things written about events before the day of Pentecost are for our learning

They are not directed to us specifically as those in this age of grace for the age of grace started with Acts 2:1-4

What is not written directly to us is still valuable, but we in this age of grace have to balance those truths with what is written directly to us, ie the bulk of Paul's epistles which describes this age of grace and the truths we have to live by in this age of grace.

IF we try to apply gospel teaching directly to our lives we would have to deny the death resurrection, etc if the passages deal with event before the finished work of Jesus Christ

I speak in general terms

How does following Christ equal denying the life, death and eternal life of Jesus the Christ?

Danoh

I speak in general terms

But for the part about Acts 2:1-4, I agree with your post.

1 Tim. 1: 12-16.

popsthebuilder

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Your question about "why Christ taught at all if this; that; the other" is a question one must actually search out the answer to in Scripture - not in what at this point only appears to be your own assumptions (unless you can actually soundly prove them through the Scripture).

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that...

1 - they received the word with all readiness of mind, and...

2 - searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12..

3 - Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

In memory of Rom. 5:6-8 towards you.
What are you getting at friend?

What have I stated that was not scriptural?

So go look in scripture to answer me then.

Could you note the actual assumption you seem to be accusing me of?

peace

Danoh

What are you getting at friend?

What have I stated that was not scriptural?

So go look in scripture to answer me then.

Could you note the actual assumption you seem to be accusing me of?

peace

What you asserted in that post of yours I replied to.

Rom. 5:6-8.

God's Truth

I speak in general terms

I can hardly believe anyone believes as you do. It is saddening. Jesus' words are Spirit and life for all; Jew first then Gentile.

Paul says to the Jews first then Gentiles.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Acts 3:26
When God raised up His servant, He sent Him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 13:26
Brothers, children of Abraham, and you Gentiles who fear God, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 18:6
But when they opposed and insulted him, he shook out his garments and told them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

Jesus went to those who already belonged to God, they were the lost sheep of Israel.
The lost sheep of Israel were the Jews who already belonged to God by faith.
The rest of the Jews were cut off and hardened while Jesus walked the earth.
Jesus came first for those who were waiting for him.
Jesus said they were God's and God gave them to Jesus; they now had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

They were God's by faith.
The old law was NOT based on faith; but, the new covenant would be based on faith.
The Jews who had faith were the lost sheep of Israel; the rest of the Jews were cut off and hardened while Jesus preached:

John 17:6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

Luke 19:42 and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace--but now it is hidden from your eyes.
Luke 8:10
He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, "'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.'

John 12:40
"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them."

Romans 11:8
as it is written: "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day."
Matthew 13:14
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: "'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

Mark 4:12 so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"

Mark 8:17And Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why do you discuss the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet see or understand? Do you have a hardened heart? 18"HAVING EYES, DO YOU NOT SEE? AND HAVING EARS, DO YOU NOT HEAR? And do you not remember,

Jesus said when he is crucified, then all could come to him to be saved:

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Jesus came first for the lost sheep and the rest were bound over to where the Gentiles were:

Romans 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Last edited:

God's Truth

When Jesus came to earth and started his earthly ministry, he taught the guidelines to get in the new covenant.

Blood covenants must be followed exactly.

What is this new covenant?

This new covenant is to reconcile you to God by giving you His Spirit.

We come to the Father through Jesus, and repent of our sins.

We must be washed in his blood to be in the new covenant.

His Spirit living in us is how we are reconciled to him and given eternal life.

popsthebuilder

I have heard that the parables only contain singular truths per each parable.

To me this is crazy.

Do others think that there is only one point to be taken from each parable?

beameup

All the parables were addressed to His kinsmen, the Jews.
Some were prophetic (like the 10 virgins) and apply to Jews in the Tribulation.
Other than being informative concerning the Jews, they have no application to present Church Age believers, be they Jewish or Gentile.

popsthebuilder

All the parables were addressed to His kinsmen, the Jews.
Some were prophetic (like the 10 virgins) and apply to Jews in the Tribulation.
Other than being informative concerning the Jews, they have no application to present Church Age believers, be they Jewish or Gentile.
I must say; I wholly and utterly disagree with this supposition of yours friend; that is not the hystorocity of such, but that it doesn't pertain to the people of GOD because it pertained to the natural olive branch initially, but now pertains to all believers in Christ.

Last edited:

iouae

I have heard that the parables only contain singular truths per each parable.

To me this is crazy.

Do others think that there is only one point to be taken from each parable?

Jesus was a very good teacher.

And He liked to teach by analogy or comparing some physical situation to bring out some spiritual principle.

And like a good teacher, Christ keeps things simple by a one-to-one analogy. There is one spiritual point from one physical situation.

Eg. A good Samaritan takes care of someone in need, after a scribe and Pharisee have already walked by the person in need.

What is the one-to-one analogy. One's "neighbour" is the one who helps. It does not matter that the one who helps is despised by all, while the one's esteemed by society, refuse to help.

In other words, if you want to obey the command to love your neighbour, go find someone to help.

God's Truth

I must say; I wholly and utterly disagree with this supposition of yours friend; that is not the hystorocity of such, but that it doesn't pertain to the people of GOD because it pertained to the natural olive branch initially, but now pertains to all believers in Christ.

I agree.

Hi pops, I trust all is going well with you and hope to see you on the site here soon.