The Serious Consequences of NOT Believing that Jesus Atoned for the Sins of the World

lifeisgood

Is heaven a place?

I think heaven is a place for the Bible says that there are streets, trees, water, throne, etc. and what comes to my mind is the Lord kept on telling Moses follow my instructions verbatim do not deviate from what I told you (paraphrasing a little bit here) about the construction of the tabernacle.

I could be totally wrong, but that is the way I see it. It is not a salvivic issue though.

The Serious Consequences of NOT Believing that Jesus Atoned for the Sins of the World

1. "Saved" has nothing to do with going to heaven or hell. It has everything to do with being PRESERVED during the ages of time.

2. Predestined has nothing to do with destination, as in, the final place one is going. It has everything to do with "DESTINY" that is, the purpose for which God has placed each person (preserved or lost) on this earth, a purpose which will be fulfilled during the ages of time... Nobody is predestined to heaven or hell, that false inference cannot be found concretely anywhere in the Bible.

Nobody seems to check context or word meanings anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think heaven is a place for the Bible says that there are streets, trees, water, throne, etc.

That's the new earth. We're not there yet.

Heaven is the spiritual dimension surrounding the earth. God lives in his temple on earth.

We are that eternal temple not built with hands.

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are."
(1 corinthians 3:16-17)

lifeisgood

That's the new earth. We're not there yet.

Heaven is the spiritual dimension surrounding the earth. God lives in his temple on earth.

We are that eternal temple not built with hands.

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are."
(1 corinthians 3:16-17)

Not going to dispute about the above. Like I said, is just the way I see it. It is not a salvific issue for me.

Robert Pate

Banned
obviously, yes.

it's not the lack of unbelief that distinguishes us. unbelief is common, part of the old nature for believers and the only nature for those without the Spirit.

the question at hand: where does that saving belief or faith come from?

We are all born with the ability to have faith. It is a natural human attribute. We first have faith in our parents. Faith is give to those that hear and believe the Gospel.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

Charles94

All foods are clean, but not everything that moves is meant to be food.

Jesus was a Jew and his words can be understood in the Jewish context in which they were spoken or they can be understood in the Gentile context that you promote.

The whole point of Acts 10 and Paul's irate response to Peter in Galatians is that there is no longer a Jewish context to food. When Peter and the cohort that promoted continuing with the Jewish food laws used that and circumcision to cause division with the Gentile believers, Paul declared it to be a gospel issue.

Gal2:11-16 Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; 12 for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. 13 And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.

14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? 15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified."

Before the Judaizers came, Peter was eating with the Gentiles - eating food that was unclean by Jewish law - eating food that he was told by the Lord in Acts10:13-15 to "kill and eat."

But when the Judaizers came, Peter was a hypocrite. He denied what the Lord told him in Acts 10. He was acting in unbelief, trying to please men. That is why Paul "withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed" - Peter was messing with the very gospel. (v14)

If you have a point, I would love to know what it is, because it looks like you are simply posturing as a know-it-all. I think Mark7:19 is correctly interpreted as ending the Jewish food laws, but it makes zero difference to my argument at hand whether Acts10 is a better cutoff.

Jesus cleansed humans with his sacrifice of reconciliation, but he didn't cleanse animals. They are as they were in Noah's day, clean and unclean.

If He cleansed all humans, the ball is still in your court to explain why God's wrath abides, and how some could be condemned "already" if Jesus did not come to condemn "the world = every single person." John3:17-18 How could God cast someone to whom He is supposedly reconciled into Hell?

I'd ask Pate but he's already doddering off and quoting verses again that have been shown to be misused by him out of context...

Charles94

Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit:
Nope, I will be like His son.

So you lived a perfect life and died for all sin?

For someone more engaged in name-calling than logical argument, you don't seem to have much of a knack for reading comprehension when it comes to verb tense...

Did you even notice he is talking about the future (1John3:2, I believe) while you ask about the past?

jsanford108

If God has atoned for all sin and reconciled all, the call to be reconciled is meaningless.
John in this passage is defining at least some sin as unbelief. But if all sin is atoned for, the sin of unbelief is already dealt with. So again, with universal atonement hell is populated with sinless people.

Hell would be rendered null and pointless because damnation cannot be just since "all sin is atoned for."

Epoisses

Hell would be rendered null and pointless because damnation cannot be just since "all sin is atoned for."

All sin is atoned for in Christ! Those who have Christ by faith are cleansed from all sin while those who abide in unbelief are still in their sins. You fight against the truth with every post but your arguments get shot down over and over and over.

Nanja

All sin is atoned for in Christ!

Wrong!

Christ's atonement was the propitiation of the sins of all God's Elect chosen in Him to have forgiveness of sins before the foundation Eph. 1:4-7.

Those who have Christ by faith are cleansed from all sin while those who abide in unbelief are still in their sins. You fight against the truth with every post but your arguments get shot down over and over and over.

The only Faith / Belief that pleases God is a fruit and gift of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22; Eph. 2:8.

Before a person is Born of God nothing he does can please Him Rom. 8:8!

Epoisses

Wrong!

Christ's atonement was the propitiation of the sins of all God's Elect chosen in Him to have forgiveness of sins before the foundation Eph. 1:4-7.

The only Faith / Belief that pleases God is a fruit and gift of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22; Eph. 2:8.

Before a person is Born of God nothing he does can please Him Rom. 8:8!

By your own lips you are not a believer! Just a sheep wannabe.